New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 206 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Expatio View Post
    Sorry Norm; I have no Tagalog-English translator with me right now
    What I mean is the gap between the VGT and the not VGT is not that big thinking that it was already a drag race. If in case you'll be using a VGT and a non VGT here in the Philippine roads I guess you would barely see the difference since you can rarely find a long vacant road where you can drag race your VGT with non VGT =) I guess the only advantage is if you're load is heavy you will notice a bit of improvement if you're driving up to baguio, fuel economy for the 5 speed a/t, and probably a bit of aesthetics in the interior department.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsik-new View Post
    purpose of the vehicle is mostly long distance travel, what is the major difference pala of GLX & GLS if I may ask. Sabi kasi sa previous posts, madami nang discounts ang mga 2010 models, so, baka maka jackpot kami ng discounts pag nagkataon. . .
    GLX is manual, and GLS is automatic

GLX price is 1,280,000 minus 10,000 discount

GLS price is 1,380,000 minus 10,000 discount

right now there is only a 10,000 discount for the two. Depends on a dealer/ SA you can maybe get a bit of a haggle... But one thing is for sure if the new model will be released there is a zero chance for having a discount. and a possible price increase.

now if the 2011 model will be released, at uubusin na lang nila yun GLS and GLX at papalitan na din, most likely you'll get bigger discounts na than just 10,000

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post
    I wasnt surprised with the 2.5 VGT's power, hinde nga naiwan yung 2.5 non VGT.. They should have tested the 2.5 VGT vs. the 3.2 non VGT, i know the 2.5 VGT will win but maybe by just a margin of 2 cars..

I also tested my 3.2 Monty vs. our VGT equipped Navara , Grand Starex & Santa Fe.. Di nila maiwan montero at high speed runs, the montero can still keep up with them
    I guess kung VGT versus non vgt 3.2 baka 1 car, half car na lang yun gap? or wala pa?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Expatio View Post
    Sa Ireland navigator.
    But down here in region 8 Tagalog is seldom spoken. Bisaya/Cebuana is number 1 followed by English. Akong Asawa translates Tag to English for me

I have no inside info, but have experience moderating a large car forum in the past and doing research. From this, I also know the way motor companies work.

That is why I said that the price rise would be modest if at all. I am pretty sure the 2.5vgt costs much less to produce than the outgoing 3.2 model, so there was plenty of latitude to add extra things like sat-nav and paddle shift 5sp auto etc, without rising the price. Also car models seldom increase in mid-cycle. The MS is on top and Mitsubishi wants to keep it there. I laughed to myself when I heard figures of up to P2m being mentioned here.
    hahaha some SA says that there will be a slight increase of 20-50k that is quite okay I guess... Anyway that 2m is way over hahahaha... The top of the line Sorento reaches 2m right now, MS I guess is okay if increase only for 20-50k

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    this is my new scoop!!! I've waited for a long months...
    Description

BRAND NEW MITSUBISHI MONTERO 4X2 A/T 2011 MODEL. LATEST VGT 2.5 DIESEL ENGINE WITH 7 INCH MONITOR WITH GPS NAVIGATION SYSTEM ALL POWER.
    DOWN PAYMENT: 358,000 ALL INCLUDED
    MONTHLY INSTALLMENT: 28,365

diba mga Monty Lovers astig ang Specs!!!
    Last edited by torque888; January 24th, 2011 at 06:38 AM. Reason: wrong spell

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by torque888 View Post
    this is my new scoop!!! I've waited for a long months...
    Description

BRAND NEW MITSUBISHI MONTERO 4X2 A/T 2011 MODEL. LATEST VGT 2.5 DIESEL ENGINE WITH 7 INCH MONITOR WITH GPS NAVIGATION SYSTEM ALL POWER.
    DOWN PAYMENT: 358,000 ALL INCLUDED
    MONTHLY INSTALLMENT: 28,365

diba mga Monty Lovers astig ang Specs!!!
    Anu base price niya??? 1 variant lang??? Where did your quotation come from?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by normyline22 View Post
    Anu base price niya??? 1 variant lang??? Where did your quotation come from?
    Paddle shifts seems to be missing? (or just a dealer option) then honeycomb as well is not in your specs...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by normyline22 View Post
    Nahihilo na ko. Bibili na kasi kami dapat GLS A/T lang eh... Teka2x mawawala yun GLS SE magiging 2.5 VGT?

Ano po mangyayari sa remaining variants? na 2.5GLS?? Mareretain po ba? or VGT na din??
    uubusin na lang po yung mga remaining na units w/o vgt...bago kayo bumili ask nyo sa sales kung naka vgt na o hindi pa...wala ng SE 3.2 phased out na ng mmpc,antay na lang maubos

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    i think with k&n drop-in filter, and in my case, using royal purple synthetic oil which adds a few hp, the 3.2 non vgt engine has almost the same power with the new 2.5 vgt engine. The 2.5 vgt engine wins in the fc department btw.
    -- +1 #5,

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    I think with K&N drop-in filter, and in my case, using Royal Purple Synthetic Oil which adds a few hp, the 3.2 non VGT engine has almost the same power with the new 2.5 VGT engine. The 2.5 VGT engine wins in the FC department btw.
    Yes and No. Maybe, but I doubt you gain a full 15ps and 7nm torque.

In any case the 2.5vgt with k&n + royal purple would show an increase on 178hp. There is also a small allowance to be made for the lighter weight of the 2.5vgt and the 5sp auto should be able to distribute the power more efficently......
    The glx vgt in the right hands will probably be the quickest; as it's manual box together with light weight will probably make up for the lack of 4x4.....

Page 6 of 206 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
2011 Mitsubishi Montero Sport [ARCHIVED]