New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 288 of 501 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338388 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 5002
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,090
    #2871
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageeth View Post
    *zix888, where can I buy this "volution" turbo timer and also how much does it cost?
    pm sent sir

  2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    586
    #2872
    * Sageeth,
    My personal opinion I think it is not "a Must" to install turbo timer, my daughter installed turbo timer sa montero niya, sa strada ko never tempted to install one as long as you spare not less than a minute rest in your engine, ngayon decoration na lang yung sa anak ko he he he.

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,090
    #2873
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    * Sageeth,
    My personal opinion I think it is not "a Must" to install turbo timer, my daughter installed turbo timer sa montero niya, sa strada ko never tempted to install one as long as you spare not less than a minute rest in your engine, ngayon decoration na lang yung sa anak ko he he he.
    kung city driving na stop and go nga sayang pa yung 1 minute idle
    Last edited by zix888; November 5th, 2012 at 06:56 PM.

  4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    26
    #2874
    Correct me if i'm wrong, depende pala sa usage ng turbo yung kailangang idling time before completely turning off the engine. So for long drives (especially kapag expressways ang dadaan) na nakababad ang turbo mas nangangailangan ito ng mas matagal idling time to cool-off the turbo. Kapag city driving or hindi naman masyado gamit turbo (2k rpm max then shift na), 1 minute idling before killing the engine will do.

    Nanghihinayang kasi ako sa time ng paghihintay when cooling-off the turbo. I'm always on the move sa trabaho ko. Gusto ko lang talaga malaman muna ang concept behind turbo timers. Kung necessary kasi talaga yan to maintain the perfect condition of the engine then mitsubishi should have included them in the design of our engines.

  5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,929
    #2875
    30 seconds "cool down" period below 1800-2000 rpm (not necessarily idling speed) is enough for most cases.

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    3,013
    #2876
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageeth View Post
    *zix888, where can I buy this "volution" turbo timer and also how much does it cost?
    sa sulit dami and sa banawe, usually 2300 to 2500 with installation na yan, pls specify para sa starda or montero sport para swak sa dash slots yung face ng turbo timer.

  7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    586
    #2877
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageeth View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong, depende pala sa usage ng turbo yung kailangang idling time before completely turning off the engine. So for long drives (especially kapag expressways ang dadaan) na nakababad ang turbo mas nangangailangan ito ng mas matagal idling time to cool-off the turbo. Kapag city driving or hindi naman masyado gamit turbo (2k rpm max then shift na), 1 minute idling before killing the engine will do.

    Nanghihinayang kasi ako sa time ng paghihintay when cooling-off the turbo. I'm always on the move sa trabaho ko. Gusto ko lang talaga malaman muna ang concept behind turbo timers. Kung necessary kasi talaga yan to maintain the perfect condition of the engine then mitsubishi should have included them in the design of our engines.
    I'll rather install OIL CATCH than Turbo Timer....RTS

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,090
    #2878
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    I'll rather install OIL CATCH than Turbo Timer....RTS




    agree ako diyan, OCC is not a "rather" *but a "must". this is my OCC catching approximately 50ml of oil from a 3000km period. *imagine your rig's turbo and intercooler system drinking this unwanted oil, and in a 20000km period, that unwanted oil is more than a coke in can, hehe. btw, installed on 4d56 vgt

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,113
    #2879
    problema sa turbo timer pag nagloko iniwan mo umaandar pag balik mo after few hours or worst after working hours umaandar parin or patay na dahil naubos krudo. Meron na ganong nangyari.

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,090
    #2880
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    problema sa turbo timer pag nagloko iniwan mo umaandar pag balik mo after few hours or worst after working hours umaandar parin or patay na dahil naubos krudo. Meron na ganong nangyari.
    it wont happen sir, worst case will be ildling upto the max setting, which is usually 5 mins. pinaglaruan and binuksan ko na kasi circuit niyan before ko ininstall, and its not capable of making your engine running like what you were thinking

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]