New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 491 of 501 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,910 of 5002
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    sir/mam my member b dto s strada club phils, gusto ko sna mga pa member.tnx

2. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Mga sir, what transmission oil gamit nyo on your Strada? I checked on the user manual pero wala naman nakaindicate regarding gear oil. I downloaded a 3000+ page technical manual for strada/triton over the internet and it says that the recommended transmission oil for manual is GL-3 75w85. I asked CASA and they say GL3 on the tranny GL5 on differential. I want it done outside casa sana since its cheaper and faster(haba ng pila sa casa), but the problem is I cannot find the exact spec. Closest I get is Castrol VMX-M 75w85 but it's GL-4. (Nakalagay sa description na suitable for all Mitsubishi manual transmission).Kayo guys, what oil are you using? Any recommendations? TIA.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Hello mga sir. Ask lang po ako regarding 20k PMS ng 2013 Strada GLX MT LE. Is it advisable & practical po ba na sa Casa ipagawa ang 20k PMS. At how much po ba ang cost ng 20k pms (casa vs sa labas). At ano po ba ang nga dapat check, palitan, etc during 20k pms. Salamat ng marami sa magbibigay ng inputs.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSpyder24 View Post
    Hello mga sir. Ask lang po ako regarding 20k PMS ng 2013 Strada GLX MT LE. Is it advisable & practical po ba na sa Casa ipagawa ang 20k PMS. At how much po ba ang cost ng 20k pms (casa vs sa labas). At ano po ba ang nga dapat check, palitan, etc during 20k pms. Salamat ng marami sa magbibigay ng inputs.
    It's advisable since your car is still under the 3-year warranty period, but not practical considering the price of having your car serviced by CASA compared to the shops outside.

Anyway, I'll just repost my reply from last year:

Quote Originally Posted by Strada_onRhinos View Post
    2013 Strada GLX M/T

CASA: (not exact but close enough)
    1,000kms = P6,000 change oil to fully synthetic, change oil filter, free labor
    5,000kms = P2,000 change oil filter, free labor
    10,000kms = P8,000 change oil to fully synthetic, change oil filter
    15,000kms = P3,500 change oil filter
    20,000kms = P14,000 change oil to full synthetic, change oil filter, change air filter, change fuel filter
    25,000kms = P4,500 change oil filter, egr cleaning.

25k kms in 1.5 years, around P40,000 on maintenance.

Moved to Servitek:

31,000kms = P8,000 change to Mobil Delvac 1 5w/40, change oil filter, change differential oil
    37,000kms = P2,000 change oil filter
    43,000kms = P9,000 change Mobil Delvac 1 5w/40, change oil filter, change air filter.

I'm now changing oil every 12k kms with oil filter change after 6k kms instead of the CASA RECOMMENDED oil change

of 10k kms and 5k kms oil filter.

I almost cut my maintenance cost in half after I moved out of CASA.

Hope this gives you an idea on how much maintaining a Strada is, this ofcourse excludes wheel alignment/ balancing, aircon cleaning and other repairs when the need arises.

UPDATE:

My Strada is now at 57K kms, I did an oil filter and fuel filter change at 49K kms. Oil and Oil filter change at 56K kms, same Mobil Oil. I still haven't changed my brake pads, still ok when they last checked it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Hi sir "Strada_onRhinos", thanks you very much for the inputs & costs comparison. I just called Casa peeps & quoted me Php14k for the 20,000kms PMS. As per their advised, they'll do the so called "Heavy Checkup/Maintenance".

Also, I have noticed that from my previous Casa PMS (1k, 5k, 10k, 15k -kms) they're also changing "Oil Filter".

I am thinking of following your PMS routine & moving out from Casa to save costs & time as well (due to long queue even if you set an appointment with Casa). Seek feedback from others, once they got their car, they won't go back to Casa for PMS as it is over charging them. Just religiously follow the scheduled PMS and nothing to worry about, and definitely needs tender loving care driving habit.

Please advise on below basing from your PMS routine:

20,000kms PMS
    -->change oil using Mobil Delvac 1 5w/40, change oil filter, change air filter, change fuel filter

Then can I follow the maintenance routine you are doing right now?
    --> changing oil every 12k kms with oil filter change after 6k kms instead of the CASA RECOMMENDED oil change of 10k kms and 5k kms oil filter.

Again, thank you very much & really appreciate your time for the advice.

Have a good day & God bless!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Hi sir "Strada_onRhinos", thanks you very much for the inputs & costs comparison. I just called Casa peeps & quoted me Php14k for the 20,000kms PMS. As per their advised, they'll do the so called "Heavy Checkup/Maintenance".

Also, I have noticed that from my previous Casa PMS (1k, 5k, 10k, 15k -kms) they're also changing "Oil Filter".

I am thinking of following your PMS routine & moving out from Casa to save costs & time as well (due to long queue even if you set an appointment with Casa). Seek feedback from others, once they got their car, they won't go back to Casa for PMS as it is over charging them. Just religiously follow the scheduled PMS and nothing to worry about, and definitely needs tender loving care driving habit.

Please advise on below basing from your PMS routine:

20,000kms PMS
    -->change oil using Mobil Delvac 1 5w/40, change oil filter, change air filter, change fuel filter

Then can I follow the maintenance routine you are doing right now?
    --> changing oil every 12k kms with oil filter change after 6k kms instead of the CASA RECOMMENDED oil change of 10k kms and 5k kms oil filter.

Again, thank you very much & really appreciate your time for the advice.

Have a good day & God bless!
    You may follow my maintenance routine if you want to but keep in mind that this oil change interval is for fully synthetic oil only. If you are using regular oil, I suggest you stick with the 5K kms oil and oil filter change. You may skip air and fuel filter on your 20K PMS if it was done to you before by CASA, just check your records. These are recommended every 20K kms.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Strada_onRhinos View Post
    You may follow my maintenance routine if you want to but keep in mind that this oil change interval is for fully synthetic oil only. If you are using regular oil, I suggest you stick with the 5K kms oil and oil filter change. You may skip air and fuel filter on your 20K PMS if it was done to you before by CASA, just check your records. These are recommended every 20K kms.
    Noted sir with the "fully synthetic oil".

Is this "Mobil Delvac 1 5w/40", the one you're using is the recommended fully synthetic oil?

Thank you so much again & I'll start looking around for a reputable shop/s to do 20,000kms PMS.

Have a great weekend ahead. God bless.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sir, I think it would be more prudent if you stick with casa first until the warranty is over. With only 20k you probably still have another two years to go, the little that you save from not doing your pms in the casa can bite you back if something big does go wrong. Having said that, you can still save up because some casas allow you to bring in your own oil, oil filter, fuel filter etc. I used to do this sa Marcos Highway, don't know if they still do allow it though. I use Mobil TDT which I buy sa cash and carry and buy my parts from El Dorado in Cubao, just look for Ferdi. After my warranty was over I have my pms done sa ElDorado na rin. Clocked over 100,000km Never had a major problem with my ride until I totaled it. Hope this helps.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mjlu View Post
    Sir, I think it would be more prudent if you stick with casa first until the warranty is over. With only 20k you probably still have another two years to go, the little that you save from not doing your pms in the casa can bite you back if something big does go wrong. Having said that, you can still save up because some casas allow you to bring in your own oil, oil filter, fuel filter etc. I used to do this sa Marcos Highway, don't know if they still do allow it though. I use Mobil TDT which I buy sa cash and carry and buy my parts from El Dorado in Cubao, just look for Ferdi. After my warranty was over I have my pms done sa ElDorado na rin. Clocked over 100,000km Never had a major problem with my ride until I totaled it. Hope this helps.
    It's a 2013 model as what he said, so warranty will probably expire this year.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ilang litro yun differential oil ng 4x2 manual?
    may nakagamit ng Shell Spirax?

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]