New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 414 of 501 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 5002
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Di ba dapat kung may contaminated ng tubig ang fuel, iilaw ang fuel filter indicator lamp?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Share ko lang...Strada sya pero di Mitsubishi

fiat-strada-u0025282013-u0025294.jpg

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Reset code is 6923.
    ser walter, ano ang irereset nitong code 6923? usb po ba or yung pm reminder? tnx!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    After 2 weeks reading the strada thread and almost 1 year on deciding on my next car, I finally got a bank repossessed 2012 Strada. My concern is i got one of the recall units and did schedule for the safety inspection checkup. Had anyone have their units parts replaced(front lower arm) already or welded for the 4wd propeller shafts units? how long does it take? I am not used to casa service that is why i just got a 2nd-hand unit.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
    Hi guys, just want to share this. Thanks by the way to zix8888 for giving me advice on what to look out for when bringing in the car for the event described below.

Three days ago, I had DMC in Valle Verde look into the check engine light (CEL) indicator that lit up in the instrument panel. They only managed to make preliminary assessment and cleared the visual alarm. They did pinpoint the source of the alarm to "fuel exchange filter failed" which I later knew to be trouble code P1276 (TC P1276) using their diagnostic software on a laptop which was connected to the data terminal in the car. They asked me to bring back the car if the CEL lights up again so they can change the fuel filter. Indeed, yesterday the CEL lit up again.

I'm much nearer to Mitsubishi Carworld Malolos so I brought the car to them today, instead. Carworld used the findings of DMC and they did the following procedures:

1. took sample of diesel from the filter. they observed presence of water
    2. they pulled down the fuel tank, with all 70+ liters of Petron diesel in it.
    3. drained the tank

Here is a photo of my fuel tank being drained of water-contaminated diesel. Frankly I can't tell the difference. but then again, they are the experts.

4. check for rust outside and inside tank (none seen)
    5. check fuel "passages" from the fuel fill cap to the sensors for rust and contamination (none seen)
    6. bought new 20 liters of diesel from Caltex in a clean container and refilled tank
    7. only then did they replace the fuel filter
    8. hooked up the laptop and software. Cleared P1276 and run diagnostics again. No troubles found.
    9. computer recalibrated the injectors and all the other stuff automatically through software

A snapshot of the the laptop's screen while performing diagnostics.

10. road test.

All in all, I think Carworld Malolos did a good job in solving the problem by addressing the root cause and not simply changing the fuel filter. That said, I hope that's all there was to it and no other trouble will surface for the time being. fuel filter cost (P1,134.00) including labor, misc and vat totaled P2635. Madumi na din actually yung lumang filter. May nakasabay akong Montero, binaba din fuel tank at kasing dumi din yung fuel filter. I didn't ask but I think, nag CEL alarm din yung kotse nya.

I also observed there were a bit of rust on a few spots underside of the car. So my next job for it would be full rustproffing. In the meantime, sa Caltex diesel naman muna ako.
    sir ilan na odo reading nyo? yung sakin kasi 9k plus pero almost sabay binili sa navarra namin which is 26k na and minsan same station din kinakargahan pero yung navarra umilaw na "water in fuel filter" then nag drain kami ng fuel filter and puro dumi na nga pero minimal yung water na parang normal lang daw gawa ng moist kaso hindi natanggal yung ilaw kaya dinala na sa casa then nung nasa casa na umilaw naman check engine ang nag drain daw sila ng tangke at puro tubig daw kaya nasira na din daw injection pump etc and ang quote 71k kaya ipupullout namin at ipa 2nd opinion sa nissan alabang pero since minsan same station kami nagkakarga nag check din ako fuel filter ng strada ko pero konting konti lang yung tubig at normal lang daw kaya binabalak ko ding magpa check ng tangke baka andun tubig and hindi ko na hintaying pati yung pump na yun eh masira din.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    PM reminder.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers24 View Post
    sir ilan na odo reading nyo?...
    bro only 7,200km. kaya ko pinababa ang fuel tank at i-drain yung diesel para sigurado na. walang nakitang ibang trouble code yung computer nila kundi "failed fuel exhange filter". sorry to hear about your navarra's case. hopefully ok yung sa strada mo. P800 ang labor cost sa casa para sa pagbaba ng fuel tank at inspection for rust and water. i think it's worth it for your peace of mind. ang di ko lang na-anticipate na kailangan ko pala ipababa yung tangke, eh nag full-tank pa ako the previous day. buti binili ng isang mekaniko yung drained diesel para sa jeepney nya.

good luck!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    bro only 7,200km. kaya ko pinababa ang fuel tank at i-drain yung diesel para sigurado na. walang nakitang ibang trouble code yung computer nila kundi "failed fuel exhange filter". sorry to hear about your navarra's case. hopefully ok yung sa strada mo. P800 ang labor cost sa casa para sa pagbaba ng fuel tank at inspection for rust and water. i think it's worth it for your peace of mind. ang di ko lang na-anticipate na kailangan ko pala ipababa yung tangke, eh nag full-tank pa ako the previous day. buti binili ng isang mekaniko yung drained diesel para sa jeepney nya.

good luck!
    thanks sir, hopefully ok nga and good thing may ex-toyota SA new employee kami kaya sa kanya ko nalang ipapababa, ang hirap kasing pumila sa citimotors, ubos oras...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009

good luck!
    thanks sir, hopefully ok nga and good thing may ex-toyota SA new employee kami kaya sa kanya ko nalang ipapababa, ang hirap kasing pumila sa citimotors, ubos oras...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I had my Strada (3-months old) fully rust-proofed (SAVI) at Carworld Malolos-P7.8k. I decided to do this since I noticed rust spots already in the underside. Nababasa ko sa ibang threads parang trend na yata sa mga bagong sasakyan ngayon na kahit bago me signs na ng kalawang sa ibaba. My neighbor who has a new Fortuner commented that he already observed rust spots under his car. You can never tell based on the look of the new car alone.

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]