New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 337 of 501 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 5002
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by soyti75 View Post
    naku mga strada owners, may naririnig na ako ngayong langitngit pag nag pa park na ako sa garahe, lalo na pag nag mamaniobra na ako papasok ng garahe. parang nanggaling pag akoy nag be brake... baka kailangan na ng lubrication ng moving parts at joints?ano kaya ang mabuting gawin? my strada GLS V has run almost 4,000 kms pa lang..

Mine is at around 700km only but the suspensions are already noisy. Parang luma na. But based from what I've read from different forums and reviews, normal lang daw ito lalo na kung lumusong ka sa baha or malakas ang ulan. Natatanggal daw kasi yung grease. Dalhin lang daw sa casa or to your trusted mechanic for lubrication. Do this also every pms. But if you think that the sound is coming from the breaks, then it's a different story. Have it checked sa casa para sure. Baka marumi na breaks mo.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Linoleic View Post
    Mine is at around 700km only but the suspensions are already noisy. Parang luma na. But based from what I've read from different forums and reviews, normal lang daw ito lalo na kung lumusong ka sa baha or malakas ang ulan. Natatanggal daw kasi yung grease. Dalhin lang daw sa casa or to your trusted mechanic for lubrication. Do this also every pms. But if you think that the sound is coming from the breaks, then it's a different story. Have it checked sa casa para sure. Baka marumi na breaks mo.
    Yes, Sir, nagpunta na ako kanina sa Casa, at nag spray sila ng para daw sa rust ng leaf spring, at nawala na nga ang squeeky sound, pero babalik pa rin daw ito, lalo na pag laging nababasa o nadudumihan ang ilalim ng strada.

at least i've learned something today, at nawala na nga ang mga langitngit.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Ginaya ko kasi tito ko. 2010 glxv naman kanya at nag palit din sya agad, 22" pa. Tinanong ko sya kung anong nangyari sa warranty. Sabi niya lang: "don't mind the warranty. Wla naman nangyari s pickup e." Until now, wala naman sya naging problem s strada nya kahit gamit n gamit nya yun.

Sige sir, balitaan ko kyo after my 1000km pms. Di na kasi ako makapaghintay kaya nagpalit agad ako e. Yun kasi talaga plano ko. Hehe.
    takot kasi ako eh at mahina ang loob hehe. pero after talaga ng 1000km check up ko magpapalit na talaga ako para maging barako na sskyan ko.

pede pala Sir makita mods mo?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by fourstring View Post
    takot kasi ako eh at mahina ang loob hehe. pero after talaga ng 1000km check up ko magpapalit na talaga ako para maging barako na sskyan ko.

pede pala Sir makita mods mo?
    Actually, takot din naman ako kaso pakiramdam ko sayang ganda ng truck natin kung di ko papalitan yung gulong.hehe Kaya inuna ko na yun.

Naku sir, Gulong pa lang mods ko.. Naubos na budget ko e. hehe.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    ^ nice,black on black. Brusko,galit tingnan

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Wow ang ganda Sir, Limited Edition pala Sir syo, sa akin din Limited Edtion na Mica Gray.

Magkano Sir iskor natin sa mags at tires natin at ano Sir size ng tires? Meron nagqu-quote sakin 20" nasa 105K daw.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by silver V View Post
    ^ nice,black on black. Brusko,galit tingnan
    Thank you, sir!
    Malaki tlga pagbabago sa itsura kahit wheels lang palitan.

Quote Originally Posted by fourstring View Post
    Wow ang ganda Sir, Limited Edition pala Sir syo, sa akin din Limited Edtion na Mica Gray.

Magkano Sir iskor natin sa mags at tires natin at ano Sir size ng tires? Meron nagqu-quote sakin 20" nasa 105K daw.
    Yup! Thanks! Balak ko nga ipatanggal yung sticker e.hehe
    Wheel gallery sir, sa san juan..20" Black Rhino Armour w/ Saffiro tires. 65K po lahat na.. nag sale sila kaya kumuha agad ako e.. Try nyo sir, baka meron pa. San kayo nag paquote? Anong brand nung rims at tires?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Share ko lang mga strada owners, you will be more proud hehe

A Top Gear PH reader asks: Ranger, Strada or Hilux? - Wrong Car/Right Car Online

Home ›Features ›Columns ›Wrong Car/Right Car Online ›A Top Gear PH reader asks: Ranger, Strada or Hilux?

A Top Gear PH reader asks: Ranger, Strada or Hilux?

By Botchi Santos — 27 Jun 2013

Good day, sir Botchi. I need help on which pickup to buy. I'm considering it as a birthday gift to myself. I'd like to use it for six to eight years. Right now, my choices are the all-new Ford Ranger, the Mitsubishi Strada and the Toyota Hilux--preferably 4x2 and automatic.

I like driving, visiting new places, and mountain-biking. Based on reading on your past articles, the Strada is the bang-for-the-buck pickup, but I'm afraid a facelift is coming soon. Meanwhile, the new Ford Ranger is really manly--"brusko," if I may describe it. The Hilux is just really my last resort.

Thanks in advance, and more power to Top Gear Philippines!

JM Capulong

Hi, JM! Yes, it's true that the Mitsubishi Strada is the best bang-for-the-buck pickup, which is why I own one myself and love it very much. For the price, it's hard to beat.

The only downside I see is that in terms of pure off-road ability, the Strada is at the bottom half, whereas the Ford Ranger, the Toyota Hilux and the Isuzu D-Max make up the top half. But since you're getting a 4x2 variant, then it doesn't matter. The only other concern I have with the Strada is that it has the smallest pickup bed, so if you need to carry really long objects, you'll do poorly with the Strada. I don't, so it's not an issue with me.

As for a facelift, we do not have news yet on this one. Even I myself am curious about any changes (major or minor) anytime soon. But according to our friends at Mitsubishi, there is no news yet since its focus is on the Mirage sedan and hatchback.

The Toyota Hilux is a good car, but it is old, and the rumors are that there will be an all-new model in 2015. I do find it expensive for what you get, and despite getting a healthy boost in power with VGT and an intercooler with the 2.5-liter D-4D engine, it's still nowehere near as fast (and fun) as the Strada. Safe choice, but you can find better deals elsewhere.

The Ford Ranger is all-new, and feels great to drive based on my very short stint behind the wheel. It comes with the biggest, longest and widest pickup bed. But the rear seats are tight, and it really feels like you're driving a truck, which for me isn't always good. Don't get me wrong--it's a purely subjective preference. I prefer a driving environment as car-like as possible, and the Strada offers this (lower seat, lower seating position and less angled steering column) as opposed to the other pickups.

I've heard from some Ranger owners who have complained that the 2.2-liter diesel engine is underpowered, especially if you like adventurous, sporty driving. Personally, I haven't extensively tested the Ranger in 2.2-liter diesel variants so I can't say for sure, but TopGear.com.ph has a thorough review of the Ranger. The 3.2-liter five-cylinder is something else. I love that truck for sure! But it's expensive.

You might want to look at the Chevrolet Colorado. It's a really good pickup, and also good value for money. About the only aspect I dislike about it is the interior, which feels very Americana 1990s.

If you do plan on doing a lot of adventurous driving (such as going to places off the beaten path), then a 4x4 variant might be a better bet since the 4x4 system will come in handy and increase your driving ability and range to places where a 4x2 might not make it out of alive--or in one piece, if at all.

My top pick is the Strada, followed by the Colorado (despite my misgivings about the interior), followed closely by the Ranger (tight rear seats kill its chances to take the top spot for me), with the Hilux last.

I hope this helps. Good luck, and take care driving through roads less traveled. Take lots of pictures and share your adventures online.

Botchi Santos

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thank you, sir!
    Malaki tlga pagbabago sa itsura kahit wheels lang palitan.

Wheel gallery sir, sa san juan..20" Black Rhino Armour w/ Saffiro tires. 65K po lahat na.. nag sale sila kaya kumuha agad ako e.. Try nyo sir, baka meron pa. San kayo nag paquote? Anong brand nung rims at tires?
    wow ang ganda sir, medyo mababa pa pala presyo kalo ko nasa 100k plus na mga 20" yung plano ko kasi 17" lang with m/t tires pero 55k na or malaki lang talaga off dahil sa sale?, btw sir salpak nalang ba yan or nag lift at spacer pa?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    yun nga Sir binayaran mo sa limited edition eh tska yun tool box sa likod hehe. nakakabit pa Sir yun toolbox nyo sa likod? Naiinis ako dun sa'kin ang ingay pag nalulubak.

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]