New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 223 of 501 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 5002
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    Shifting to L is only telling the auto tyranny to stay in 1st gear (L1) or stay in 1st and 2nd gear only (L2). That still does not answer my inquiry about water entering the tambucho if you only let the car run at 1st gear and it will only mean running at 1K rpm, versus deliberately increasing the rpm to 2-3K. Yes, baka pumasok ang tubig sa clutch area, but its not that bad compared to stalling. Pressing on the clutch may make sediments enter, which is worse. But again, kung yan ang kinatatakutan mo, e di huwag na lang sumugod sa maski anong baha. Just stay and wait for the water to recede, if you can endure the wait. And with the sucky weather we have na madalas na ang baha, better mag MRT na lang kung matatakot tayo na masira ang clutch natin, diba?

And clutch pedal applies only to manual. Walang clutch pedal ang auto.

Nahanap ko eto sa internet.

Tips for Driving In Rain

This is an excerpt from that article.

If you determine it's safe to go on, proceed slowly and avoid making large waves in the water. If you have a manual transmission, engage first gear and keep the engine running fast by releasing the clutch just enough to partially engage gear and giving more acceleration than usual. This keeps the exhaust gases moving, helping to prevent water from entering your tailpipe. Vehicles with automatic transmissions should place the car in first gear and feather your brake, slowing the vehicle while at the same time keeping your revs up. Doing this for longer than a few seconds can seriously damage your vehicle and is not recommended.

Eto naman yung nagsasabi about something entering the clutch plate.

Water Crossing Qs [Archive] - JK-Forum.com - The Ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler Bulletin Board

Eto ang sinabi niya tungkol doon.

If the water is deep enough to flood your clutch plate areas, when you step on that clutch pedal, water can get in between the plates (A little bad), bringing with it, typically, sand, mud, small fish, etc... (A Lot Bad).

These little particles, especially sand, chew on your plates when you reengage your clutch.

So, shifting under those conditions can get crud between your plates, and cause an early, or earlier, clutch failure.
    Very informative, bossing.

I also do clutch-driving when driving through flood waters.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    mga bossing, pwede bang ilagay yung mags ng montero (265/65/17) sa mitsubishi strada? and kung pwede, pwede rin kayang gamitin ung gulong ng stock na strada (245/65/17) sa mags na galing montero? magkaiba kasi sila nung nominal tire width eh. pwede kaya yun?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by onewingedangel View Post
    mga bossing, pwede bang ilagay yung mags ng montero (265/65/17) sa mitsubishi strada? and kung pwede, pwede rin kayang gamitin ung gulong ng stock na strada (245/65/17) sa mags na galing montero? magkaiba kasi sila nung nominal tire width eh. pwede kaya yun?
    Yes and yes. 17x7 ata yung wheel ng strada tapos 17x7.5 ata yung sa montero sport. Around +38 ata yung offset nila. Maliit lang yung 0.5 difference. Pero the 245/65r17 will look "lonely" with the generous wheel-well on both vehicles.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    what the latest on the "all new" strada? the present strada design was introduced in 2007 - thats almost five years ago. anyone here knows when its coming out? or what it looks like? thanks

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MayG View Post
    what the latest on the "all new" strada? the present strada design was introduced in 2007 - thats almost five years ago. anyone here knows when its coming out? or what it looks like? thanks
    Pickups, SUVs & AUVs normally have 10+ years life cycles. Sedans & CUVs about 4-6 years. Mercedes Benz & BMWs 6-8 years.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    thanks for the info walter

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Congrats sir sa new ride. Ako di nako nakapagpigil kaya 2011 ang kinuha ko haha.

By the way mga Sir, would you know if I can put on something sa key ng strada glx-v? Sobrang bare niya ang parang ang nipis kasi. Yung tipong parang duplicate siya. Kung may malalagay lang sana sa head nung key itself para mas presentable.
    Congrats..finally..naka bili ka na ng Strada..tagal mo na rin balak bumili.. do join us.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vhronx View Post
    BOSB, I had one incident where my strada won't start. Please note that my unit is 6 months old. We were travelling from Davao to Surigao. We had breakfast in surigao. I turn-off the engine, make sure also that I cool down the engine before turning off.

When we were about to leave, I put the key on the ignition and turn on the engine. There was no reaction from the engine. The electricity was good. We checked the fuses, no busted fuse. One of my companion told me to disable my alarm then after it start. We traveled to our destination and I activated back the alarm. Then after, I had no more problem.

What could have been the cause of that incident?
    muhkang hindi nag disable yung alarm ninyo sir. thats the reason hindi nag start...diba meron tayo start cut-off if on ang alarm..glad things are back to normal...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    muhkang hindi nag disable yung alarm ninyo sir. thats the reason hindi nag start...diba meron tayo start cut-off if on ang alarm..glad things are back to normal...
    Yup, meron po. Experienced this when I accidentally pressed on the arm button while the engine was still on. After about 5 seconds, the engine died and the steering wheel became heavy to turn ("pawis" steering na). The engine could not be started again until I pressed on the disarm button. Atleast with the experience, I'm confident that I can kill the engine if someone carnaps the ride while I'm out opening the garage gate since I carry the key and the remote separately.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    *av8or5 & Doy, thanks for the comment. It is good to know the security feature.

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]