New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 221 of 501 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 5002
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    Nakakatakot pala to force your way through a flood! Last week, bumaha yung road na dadaanan ko. Everybody had stopped. I saw a truck that was brave enough to go through. Bumaba ako to ask some folks gaano kalalim. Sabi daw medyo above the knee. Sige, subukan natin. Sugod! The water slowly but surely started to go up, up. Then all of a sudden, the flood water in front started to slosh over and above the hood, and the headlights disappeared into the murky waters. My son at the back started to say: we are going to float, we are going to float! The rest were quiet. Slowly, nakikita ko na yung dry road in front, pero water still slosh in front. Alam ko na ang feeling ng statement: so near yet so far. Eventually, nakalusot na ako! Pero pucha, nanginginig talaga ang left leg ko, halos di ko na ma control ang clutch. After we successfully passed through, my wife told me: Nakikita na niya yung baha sa bintana niya, around 1 1/2 feet from the window na lang and she was looking around the door if the floodwater would start to enter!

I eventually reached my destination and checked the car. I had basura sticking to the front grill, aside from some weeds sticking out the front bumper. So far, all lights, and my original horn and 2 sets hella supertones still functioned. Yung bag nasa cargo box, basa na ang bottom ng bag, which meant pumasok na sa likod yung tubig!

Kudos to our Strada! Pero di ko na uulitin! My heart, my knees! Di ko kaya!
    Whoa! Ang lupit nyan, boss! Buti hindi pumasok sa air intake ang tubig. Hanggang upper level ng front bumper pa lang na-try ko, with splashes just reaching the headlight. Di basta-basta papasok ang tubig sa cabin natin. Double kase ang weather strip/gasket (isa sa door at isa sa door sill). Unless binutasan yung rubber cap (around 1.5inches diameter; visible from under the vehicle) sa ilalim ng left rear passenger floor mat (most technicians use this to route wires from the outside into the cabin when installing aftermarket accessories). Yung foglights din natin di basta-basta papasok ang tubig (nagtaka nga ako kase may excess heat outlet tube naman siya sa itaas). Yung disc horns water resistant compared to trumpet/snail shell horns. Wag mo lang gamitin ang foglights at horn pag lumusob sa baha para siguradong di masira.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Just to add on the clutch thing, I actually don't use the clutch if fording flooded streets. The idea is to avoid the clutch slipping. Just transfer to the lowest gear (4L if you have) and keep enough distance on the car in front of you. Or best is let the car in front passed and clear the flooded area before you go (if possible). My .01 cents

Nice experience though.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mikbik View Post
    sir tanong ko lang ilan po ang Fuel Consumption ng Strada? malaki po ba difference ng 2.5 to 3.2L sa FC? magkakaroon po ba GTV na 3.2?
    for my 2010 Strada 2.5L M/T GLX my averages are:
    Regular Diesel (Shell:NOT FuelSave): 9.5 km/l
    V-Power Diesel: 10.3 km/l

manual recording lang po ako sir. based on trip meter and pump meter when refilling. around 4 cycles done for each type of fuel. am currently sticking to VPower since pareho lang sa peso/kilometer.

hope this helps!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    good day to all,

i have been asking this before sorry to ask it again, but how could i know if my turbo is still working, can this be detected by the computer in the dealership. Im just worry lang po kasi i usually turn off the engine after a long run, diba dapat pala wait for 3 minutes before turning off the engine to prevent damage to the turbo,

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by marktriton View Post
    good day to all,

i have been asking this before sorry to ask it again, but how could i know if my turbo is still working, can this be detected by the computer in the dealership. Im just worry lang po kasi i usually turn off the engine after a long run, diba dapat pala wait for 3 minutes before turning off the engine to prevent damage to the turbo,

Pwede din maglow-RPM driving (around 1,500) a few minutes before reaching your destination. Para maka-cool down na ang turbo at ma-lubricate ng maayos. This is what I do on highway and city driving since I didn't have a turbo-timer installed. Or kung nagmamadali talaga, I just lock the doors with the remote while the engine is still running. Just be sure to turn off the engine after a few minutes. Hehe.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by da_docc View Post
    for my 2010 Strada 2.5L M/T GLX my averages are:
    Regular Diesel (Shell:NOT FuelSave): 9.5 km/l
    V-Power Diesel: 10.3 km/l

manual recording lang po ako sir. based on trip meter and pump meter when refilling. around 4 cycles done for each type of fuel. am currently sticking to VPower since pareho lang sa peso/kilometer.

hope this helps!
    ganyan din napansin ko when I compared both....mas matipid ang V-Power kesa yung regular...

pero try mo bro...Spirited driving mode...hehehe.... yung experience ko parang expedition kung kumain ng Krudo yung 3.2 ko na strada pag sa V-Power diesel ang gamit hahaha! I've proven this when we've done a funrun in La union....kala ko may butas yung tanke hehehe.... pero ang ganda lang walang kabitin bitin sa performance unlike pag regular diesel may apak ako sa silinyador na parang minsan eh bitin hehe tapos lesser fumes when accelerating....

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    ganyan din napansin ko when I compared both....mas matipid ang V-Power kesa yung regular...

pero try mo bro...Spirited driving mode...hehehe.... yung experience ko parang expedition kung kumain ng Krudo yung 3.2 ko na strada pag sa V-Power diesel ang gamit hahaha! I've proven this when we've done a funrun in La union....kala ko may butas yung tanke hehehe.... pero ang ganda lang walang kabitin bitin sa performance unlike pag regular diesel may apak ako sa silinyador na parang minsan eh bitin hehe tapos lesser fumes when accelerating....
    Hi,

Im just puzzled , kasi dalawa ng mits supervisor from different branches ang nakausap ko & they have same advise not to use especial diesel & just stick to reg diesel . Bakit kaya??

RTS

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    good day,

Planning to buy a strada gls sport v next month. may bagong model (2012) na bang lumabas? kung meron, tanong ko lang kung ano yung difference ng 2011 model sa 2012 model? thanks. tsaka kung anong mga kulay ang available,

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    sir mayroon na po 2012 strada gls sport v. available na po sila ngaun.

sir ang pag-kakaiba lang po ng 2012 strada gls sport v at sa 2011 strada gls sport v at naka integrated na po yung alarm sa susi po.

sir mga kulay pong available ay black, silver, red, white, gray, brown.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    Nakakatakot pala to force your way through a flood! Last week, bumaha yung road na dadaanan ko. Everybody had stopped. I saw a truck that was brave enough to go through. Bumaba ako to ask some folks gaano kalalim. Sabi daw medyo above the knee. Sige, subukan natin. Sugod! The water slowly but surely started to go up, up. Then all of a sudden, the flood water in front started to slosh over and above the hood, and the headlights disappeared into the murky waters. My son at the back started to say: we are going to float, we are going to float! The rest were quiet. Slowly, nakikita ko na yung dry road in front, pero water still slosh in front. Alam ko na ang feeling ng statement: so near yet so far. Eventually, nakalusot na ako! Pero pucha, nanginginig talaga ang left leg ko, halos di ko na ma control ang clutch. After we successfully passed through, my wife told me: Nakikita na niya yung baha sa bintana niya, around 1 1/2 feet from the window na lang and she was looking around the door if the floodwater would start to enter!

I eventually reached my destination and checked the car. I had basura sticking to the front grill, aside from some weeds sticking out the front bumper. So far, all lights, and my original horn and 2 sets hella supertones still functioned. Yung bag nasa cargo box, basa na ang bottom ng bag, which meant pumasok na sa likod yung tubig!

Kudos to our Strada! Pero di ko na uulitin! My heart, my knees! Di ko kaya!
    It is not wise to use clutch when fording deep floods. Also turn off vehicle's aircon.

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]