New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 201 of 501 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 5002
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    Hi,
    I had my oil changed last Sat. (full synthetic) 8.5 ltrs all in all plus oil filter (Vic C-109)last saturday, then I noticed the engine warning light disapear, mayroon bang connection ang sensor sa engine oil o nag kataon lang, strange he he he.

RTS
    Hi sir...

Im just surprised na 8.5 liters of oil ang ginamit sa inyong truck.
    Sabi nila 7L daw tlga ang limit. (while one 'reputable' casa uses 8L)
    But 8.5?

--292. Marco

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    Hi,
    I had my oil changed last Sat. (full synthetic) 8.5 ltrs all in all plus oil filter (Vic C-109)last saturday, then I noticed the engine warning light disapear, mayroon bang connection ang sensor sa engine oil o nag kataon lang, strange he he he.

RTS
    Dapat kapag low oil pressure na due to low oil iilaw yan eh. Baka kulang na nga rin engine oil mo before.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by theparanoid View Post
    Hi sir...

Im just surprised na 8.5 liters of oil ang ginamit sa inyong truck.
    Sabi nila 7L daw tlga ang limit. (while one 'reputable' casa uses 8L)
    But 8.5?

--292. Marco
    Marco, sir RTS' strada is the 3.2 variant so Ok lang na 8-8.5 liters ang magamit. Sa 2.5 engine yung 7-7.5 liters na engine oil.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Good days guys. Just want to ask, talamak pa rin ba ang SCV issues ng mitsu or did they come up with a solution already?

Will the higher end deiesels (petron turbo and Shell v-power diesel) solve this problem?

Thanks.
    Just to add to what S'theparanoid mentioned,
    1) try not to fill up gas when you see a tanker unloading newly delivered gasoline as this stirs up sediments in the bottom which could clog up your SCV.
    2) change fuel filters regularly or as most people here are recommending at least 5k kilometers before the scheduled maintenance replacement of the fuel filter. You may also try changing to aftermarket fuel filters though I personally haven't done this yet. You can check the threads regarding fuel filters.
    3) Just in case you still are worried about it, kasama naman po sa warranty yan.

Please do note that these are just recommendations to possibly avoid problems earlier on in the life of your ride and are not absolutes. Problems with the SCV still does happen but not as rampant as before. I guess its also partly due to the kind and super helpful people of this forum kaya nakakaiwas na po sa problems.(Maraming salamat po!)

I've been using Petron turbo on mine and at 15k, wala pa naman problems. There are also other gas stations that came out with a higher euro compliant diesel, though not as tested as with the big three. I believe most newer diesel models will sooner or later have problems with their SCV's because of the type of fuel we have or at least the type of maintenance the gas stations have of their fuel depots. Lastly, try not to worry too much about it and ENJOY your ride. Hope this has been helpful.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi,

If you have 3.2L engine ,the 8.5 ltrs of oil is normal to be expected, sa bagong oil filter lang pag refill ng langis is already 1 ltr, about the engine warning I was temporary relieved dahil nag disappear, but last night bumalik na naman, pababayaan ko na lang muna as long as walang problema ang accelaration ko, kung baga immune na ako sa engine warning light.

Regards & Safe Happy Driving
    RTS

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theparanoid View Post
    Unfortunately sir, ive been reading posts here na V-Power Diesel na yung pinapakarga and yet they get the symptoms.
    (of course we must take with a grain of salt din naman yung mga pinopost dito, or opinions in general for that matter.)

ang nababasa ko din dito, suggestions you can do regarding that issue:
    a. magpakarga sa stations na di binabaha
    b. stations na bago / 'new-ish' looking
    c. stations na madaming nagpapakarga
    d. and not having your tank go below 1/4 wont hurt either
    (and trying sticking with Petron or Shell lang, sabi ng iba)

--292. Marco
    I used V-power since the unit was new, still got the SCV issue. Replaced already, even when the unit was still in it's first 1000 km, I could already sense that there was something different with the sound of the engine. IMO, it doesn't matter which fuel you use (as long as you stick with the big 3), if you have SCV issue, it will eventually present itself. Better to have the SCV symptoms come out while you're still under warranty.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hello!
    Just wanted to ask if i have a 2.5L 4x2 strada, what gasoline company should i use? Caltex, Petron, Shell?
    Thanks for the insights.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi,
    about the SCV issue, pang apat na experienced ko ang engine warning light, the 2nd one is according to the casa they need to replace the SCV dahil it affected my acceleration, since it is still under warranty no sweat. The rest no change of SCV ,only cleaning of EGR, Exhaust manifold & other ancillary parts. It is not always the SCV is the culprit but other parts. Now na I'm off the warranty period & if in case I need to change the SCV, tumataginting na Php 5K plus ang kailangan. Im beginning to doubt the parameters set by the manufacturer dahil ibang pick up of different makers wala naman rampant problem na ganito.

RTS

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by braddypampy View Post
    Hello!
    Just wanted to ask if i have a 2.5L 4x2 strada, what gasoline company should i use? Caltex, Petron, Shell?
    Thanks for the insights.
    The clean gas stations na hindi nababaha ang mas importante. But if ever, Shell or Petron priority mo.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    The clean gas stations na hindi nababaha ang mas importante. But if ever, Shell or Petron priority mo.
    +1 po. Doesn't really matter which so long as reputable po pagpapakargahan ninyo. Best kung medyo high traffic area para di palagi na stock yung mga gasolina nila.

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]