New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 184 of 501 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 5002
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ooba99 View Post
    Just want to share kasi ni-request ni gpb77... three hours ago, around 11pm, I went through my yearly ritual of testing the capability and reliability of my strada. I went river crossing through the mighty Espana River. Grabe ang baha! Good thing, there was no office in Manila because of the Araw ng Maynila celebration. Otherwise, it would have been another terrible traffic standstill in the whole of Sampaloc and beyond.

I managed to go through past the area but have to thread through knee-deep waters while a 6-wheeler truck was in the lead in front of me running at a very slow 5 kph. From work in Manila going home to QC, my route was, from under Nagtahan fly-over went right to G. Tuazon, quick left to Geronimo St, quick right to Honradez St. until past the railroad tracks then turn left again at Antipolo, then right to Loyola St. Turned left to Maceda then turn right to Espana to Quezon City.

The deepest portions were in the corner of Geronimo and Honradez streets and along Loyola St. at the back of Legarda Elementary School. It was still flooded mid-leg deep in the corner of Maceda and Espana up to Blumentritt St. The whole of Espana was such a sight. The mighty Espana River.

This time, I managed to go through these horrifying streets so relaxed and with no thump-thump in my heart. Nasanay na, eh. With my 4x4 engaged most of the way especially in the deep portions of the flooded street, navigating through the floods was a breeze in my 3 year old 3.2 GLS Sport A/T.

Once again, I was proven right in my decision to get a strada.
    puwede word of the day ito sa tindi ng dating eh; Espana River.

Bad memory ako nung college dyan, nagka-pigsa ako sa dumi ng baha.

Deepest ko sa strada is just knee level, nag-4WD na rin ako for safety. Yakang-yaka naman talaga.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Ingat lang sa kakatesting mga sasakyan sa baha. gapatak lang ng tubig ang kelangan para mahydrolock ang makina. mapa-4x4 man o hinde. ang isa pa baka humigop din yung A/T. isa pa eh madaling makontamina at masira mga wheel bearings at brakes. yung fan baka maging water wheel sa engine compartment, yari mga electricals. just a word of caution friends.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ok lang iyon bili uli ng bago, hehehhe!!!!: joke lang po mga friends kasi kahit ako panay din ang testing ko sa aking truck pero sa bundok ko siya dinadala dito sa bundok ng Tanay, Rizal. One more thing po, baka naman pwede malaman exact address ng dealer ng mickey thompson wheels and tires kasi iyon po ang balak kung ipalit sa aking stock after warranty period!! thank you very much po.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Just want to share kasi ni-request ni gpb77... three hours ago, around 11pm, I went through my yearly ritual of testing the capability and reliability of my strada. I went river crossing through the mighty Espana River. Grabe ang baha! Good thing, there was no office in Manila because of the Araw ng Maynila celebration. Otherwise, it would have been another terrible traffic standstill in the whole of Sampaloc and beyond.

I managed to go through past the area but have to thread through knee-deep waters while a 6-wheeler truck was in the lead in front of me running at a very slow 5 kph. From work in Manila going home to QC, my route was, from under Nagtahan fly-over went right to G. Tuazon, quick left to Geronimo St, quick right to Honradez St. until past the railroad tracks then turn left again at Antipolo, then right to Loyola St. Turned left to Maceda then turn right to Espana to Quezon City.

The deepest portions were in the corner of Geronimo and Honradez streets and along Loyola St. at the back of Legarda Elementary School. It was still flooded mid-leg deep in the corner of Maceda and Espana up to Blumentritt St. The whole of Espana was such a sight. The mighty Espana River.

This time, I managed to go through these horrifying streets so relaxed and with no thump-thump in my heart. Nasanay na, eh. With my 4x4 engaged most of the way especially in the deep portions of the flooded street, navigating through the floods was a breeze in my 3 year old 3.2 GLS Sport A/T.

Once again, I was proven right in my decision to get a strada.
    Stock intake and ride height yung Strada niyo? Di ba umiilaw-ilaw yung mga indicators sa dash (battery, oil pressure, etc.) pag lumulusong kayo sa tubig? Nagbabalak akong i-retire yung 7 year old D-Max ko for a Strada VGT.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Just to share with you guys what Qataris do with there 4x4 they maximize the usage of such beasts, usually they use to tow their boats or jetskis bringing and getting from water using their 4x4s and emersing their trucks in salt water to do this. I have seen manytimes how these powerful 4x4 are used by middle eastern people including filipinos who owns 4x4s. Dune bashing is one of the favorite past time, travelling along the shorelines is another by which 2 wheels on one side of the truck is emerse on salt water and the other on sand and travelling at 40-60 kph or more. I experienced this when I went with a friend of mine on a desert adventure and wow. I lost my voice after such experience. I thought that the Jeep is going to roll on one side. Sea water was splashing on one side and engine was screaming. Some people used to drive their suv uphill on a sand dune at 30-45 degrees angles. Crazy as it sounds but 4x4s are beasts. from sand to salt water they are having tons of fun with it. Deym they have the money to pay for maintenance. And landcruisers only cost coverted in pesos to only 2-2.5m in pesos half the price cheaper compared here in the our third world country the Philippines.

Watch these videos. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZNG46-cwyY&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Hummer 3 h3 black qatar‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyCR0T-cmvQ]YouTube - ‪mitsubishi l200 sealine qatar.3gp‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IqbqK3PWBs&feature=related]YouTube - ‪mitsubishi l200 sealine qatar drift.3gp‬‏[/ame]

Here is a photo I took of a Filipino friend with his compass playing with sand(salty sand since this is near the sea.)

Sensya na medyo o/t share ko.

more motoring photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/georgeb...7626455657323/

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    Stock intake and ride height yung Strada niyo? Di ba umiilaw-ilaw yung mga indicators sa dash (battery, oil pressure, etc.) pag lumulusong kayo sa tubig? Nagbabalak akong i-retire yung 7 year old D-Max ko for a Strada VGT.

I'll answer na for doc ooba,

yes, all stock po yung kanya, no mods on engine and suspension , but he's planning for a chip upgrade....diba doc? hehe:naughty2:

sakin naman once lang nangyari yun nabasa yung check engine sensor pero wala namang nangyari talaga hehe....nangyari yun nung nagpunta kami pinatubo when we forded a river that suddenly rose to a hip dip depth...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    I'll answer na for doc ooba,

yes, all stock po yung kanya, no mods on engine and suspension , but he's planning for a chip upgrade....diba doc? hehe:naughty2:

sakin naman once lang nangyari yun nabasa yung check engine sensor pero wala namang nangyari talaga hehe....nangyari yun nung nagpunta kami pinatubo when we forded a river that suddenly rose to a hip dip depth...
    Thanks sir. How about the dash indicators, di ba sila nananakot pag sumusugod sa baha?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    Thanks sir. How about the dash indicators, di ba sila nananakot pag sumusugod sa baha?
    *LR777, thanks, ranic, for pitching-in while I'm off-line. Not only chip upgrade, sunod na rin ang lift and some off-road mods, hehehe.

Sir isketi, di naman umilaw ang indicator lights ko. As I have mentioned in that post, this is a yearly ritual for the past 3 years. I pass through the flooded Sampaloc area during the onset of monsoon rains. And each time, my strada did not fail me. Nawala na nga ang kaba ko sa baha dyan.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Sir isketi, di naman umilaw ang indicator lights ko. As I have mentioned in that post, this is a yearly ritual for the past 3 years. I pass through the flooded Sampaloc area during the onset of monsoon rains. And each time, my strada did not fail me. Nawala na nga ang kaba ko sa baha dyan.
    Thanks sir ooba99. Yung dati kong '96 L200 at itong D-Max kumukutitap yung mga indicators basta nadaan sa baha kaya iniisip ko baka common yun sa Japanese pick-ups. Anyway, it's good to know na di ganun yang current gen Strada. :thumbup:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    Ingat lang sa kakatesting mga sasakyan sa baha. gapatak lang ng tubig ang kelangan para mahydrolock ang makina. mapa-4x4 man o hinde. ang isa pa baka humigop din yung A/T. isa pa eh madaling makontamina at masira mga wheel bearings at brakes. yung fan baka maging water wheel sa engine compartment, yari mga electricals. just a word of caution friends.
    Ok lang yan IMO kung paminsan-minsan at kung kelangan. Kaya nga SUV at 4x4 binili mo para may peace of mind ka sa ganyan. Designed yans a ganyan so unless hindi ka marunong magmaintain ng sasakyan. Huwag mo nga gawin.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]