New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 183 of 501 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 5002
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    with regards sa m/t at a/t, which has more advantage sa baha?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gpb77 View Post
    Katanongan lang po sa mga veteranong strada owners? Can anybody share experience niyo sa pag lusong nang baha? gaano ka lalim ang nalusong ninyo without any problems? according nga sa mistsubishi brochure, 0.50m lang ang acceptable lalim lang. At least para sa amin na new owners nang strada based sa experiences nyo alam namin ano ang kaya nang ating strada.
    the reply of lr777 is actually sufficient enough. just put your car on low gear and keep a steady foot on the accelerator pedal, also make sure the distance between you and the next vehicle is sufficient enough that when the vehicle in front stops, you can still avoid it and go your merry way. Also turn off your a/c unless you want to screw up your compressor.

regarding your question on wading depth, i've driven mine through rivers and floods ridiculously deep. i think the deepest was kissing the lip of the hood. but do take note that i have a snorkel installed and i've been doing it for a long time. One thing to consider though is that my unit is lifted i think 2.5-3" hehehehehehe i think there is a youtube video of my truck making a river crossing in benguet during one of the funruns

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvin Cristi View Post
    the reply of lr777 is actually sufficient enough. just put your car on low gear and keep a steady foot on the accelerator pedal, also make sure the distance between you and the next vehicle is sufficient enough that when the vehicle in front stops, you can still avoid it and go your merry way. Also turn off your a/c unless you want to screw up your compressor.

regarding your question on wading depth, i've driven mine through rivers and floods ridiculously deep. i think the deepest was kissing the lip of the hood. but do take note that i have a snorkel installed and i've been doing it for a long time. One thing to consider though is that my unit is lifted i think 2.5-3" hehehehehehe i think there is a youtube video of my truck making a river crossing in benguet during one of the funruns
    Thanks for the info. Magkano po ba cost magpalagay nang snorkel? and also sir, which has more advantage sa baha m/t or a/t?

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sphinx1228 View Post
    just got my gls sport v today... sobrang pogi talaga!!! naghahanap ako ng magandang rollbar na pwede lagyan ng 4 na foglamps. any recommendations on what to get?
    sphinx1228,

please don't mind me asking, which dealer did you get your strada? Any freebies? Did they give you any discounts?

Hi Strada Owners,

My wife and I have plans of getting our first ride; Strada is on top of our list, I need help in choosing the right dealer to get our new ride. A dealer that offers discounts, freebies and provides good after sales support. My plan is to get the GLX model, through bank financing. Thanks in advance...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Just want to share kasi ni-request ni gpb77... three hours ago, around 11pm, I went through my yearly ritual of testing the capability and reliability of my strada. I went river crossing through the mighty Espana River. Grabe ang baha! Good thing, there was no office in Manila because of the Araw ng Maynila celebration. Otherwise, it would have been another terrible traffic standstill in the whole of Sampaloc and beyond.

I managed to go through past the area but have to thread through knee-deep waters while a 6-wheeler truck was in the lead in front of me running at a very slow 5 kph. From work in Manila going home to QC, my route was, from under Nagtahan fly-over went right to G. Tuazon, quick left to Geronimo St, quick right to Honradez St. until past the railroad tracks then turn left again at Antipolo, then right to Loyola St. Turned left to Maceda then turn right to Espana to Quezon City.

The deepest portions were in the corner of Geronimo and Honradez streets and along Loyola St. at the back of Legarda Elementary School. It was still flooded mid-leg deep in the corner of Maceda and Espana up to Blumentritt St. The whole of Espana was such a sight. The mighty Espana River.

This time, I managed to go through these horrifying streets so relaxed and with no thump-thump in my heart. Nasanay na, eh. With my 4x4 engaged most of the way especially in the deep portions of the flooded street, navigating through the floods was a breeze in my 3 year old 3.2 GLS Sport A/T.

Once again, I was proven right in my decision to get a strada.
    Last edited by ooba99; June 25th, 2011 at 03:52 AM.

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    same feeling as sir ooba99, for the past 3 days, na-appreciate ko na strada kinuha namin instead of the lancer. tama nga si misis.hehehe. question lang though, is it advisable to have the unit underwashed since lumusong ng walang takot sa mga baha?

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ooba99 View Post
    Just want to share kasi ni-request ni gpb77... three hours ago, around 11pm, I went through my yearly ritual of testing the capability and reliability of my strada. I went river crossing through the mighty Espana River. Grabe ang baha! Good thing, there was no office in Manila because of the Araw ng Maynila celebration. Otherwise, it would have been another terrible traffic standstill in the whole of Sampaloc and beyond.

I managed to go through past the area but have to thread through knee-deep waters while a 6-wheeler truck was in the lead in front of me running at a very slow 5 kph. From work in Manila going home to QC, my route was, from under Nagtahan fly-over went right to G. Tuazon, quick left to Geronimo St, quick right to Honradez St. until past the railroad tracks then turn left again at Antipolo, then right to Loyola St. Turned left to Maceda then turn right to Espana to Quezon City.

The deepest portions were in the corner of Geronimo and Honradez streets and along Loyola St. at the back of Legarda Elementary School. It was still flooded mid-leg deep in the corner of Maceda and Espana up to Blumentritt St. The whole of Espana was such a sight. The mighty Espana River.

This time, I managed to go through these horrifying streets so relaxed and with no thump-thump in my heart. Nasanay na, eh. With my 4x4 engaged most of the way especially in the deep portions of the flooded street, navigating through the floods was a breeze in my 3 year old 3.2 GLS Sport A/T.

Once again, I was proven right in my decision to get a strada.
    Ooba99, thank you very much for the share, this information you have just shared especially for new owners would give more comfort and assurance that they made the right decision. This would give us more confidence on what strada is capable of and we will be able to know what kind of challenges or situations along the road and make the right decision.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddennis79 View Post
    same feeling as sir ooba99, for the past 3 days, na-appreciate ko na strada kinuha namin instead of the lancer. tama nga si misis.hehehe. question lang though, is it advisable to have the unit underwashed since lumusong ng walang takot sa mga baha?
    After fording flooded streets, just check on your underbody for hanging debris like plastic bags, etc. Madaming sumasabit na basura sa ilalim eh. Ako, I'll have my underwash once the weather improves.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gpb77 View Post
    Ooba99, thank you very much for the share, this information you have just shared especially for new owners would give more comfort and assurance that they made the right decision. This would give us more confidence on what strada is capable of and we will be able to know what kind of challenges or situations along the road and make the right decision.
    You're welcome, gpb77. To hear, see, and learn more of what your strada is capable of, and gain more confidence in confronting the challenges of the daily driving, I suggest you join the strada club. Dun mas marami kang madidinig na experiences ng mga strada gurus. Plus, you'll have a support group whom you can comfortably ask the most difficult and also the silliest question about your strada.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    since flood lang din ang usapan.....I tested mine last night...infront of our house...

just a above the OEM foglights yung depth...kayang kaya parin....

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]