New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 107 of 501 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 5002
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by atty.lenny View Post
    That was a comment by a "club president"? Leading by example are we? Tsk tsk tsk!

I'm no saint myself but surely bashing should be left to the kiddies and not us. Anyway, thanks guys for your replies, yes the problems I have encountered with my Strada all have cures and I wasn't the only person who experienced these problems (which is a good thing) so I am thankful to be surrounded by a helpful bunch of guys.
    *lenny: you couldnt take a person by what he said. you are in our domain and last time i checked we can talk freely and openly. We're not bad guys but we do joke a lot amongst each other together or through this thread. Its like you overhearing street car racers sometimes kid about underbones. With us, we just like comparing, sometimes real other times just plain jokes, our vehicles with its class. Im sorry if it offends you or irks you that one of our officers typed something that was somewhat of an inside talk (something that club members understand).

But even if that is the case you can see that we're still here to help out and we will still do but hey we're a fun and very active club so just be advised that we also KID around A LOT. If that's not your kind of thing I know if not me then most of us will understand. After all most of us are guys and some are really the every-minute-of-the-day serious type.

is it ok if i smile like this? or or should it be left to the kiddies? (thats a joke)
    Last edited by ejaydq; March 2nd, 2011 at 11:47 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    Most of my cars before have no abs ebd except my xtrail and my current fortuner. Honestly I dont see any difference I never noticed my abs if it was activating or not during my hard braking. I remember my xtrail skidded but didn't manage to maneuver it, the road was so slippery luckily it stopped just in time.

Now I bought strada gls without abs, of course I want abs but not that much that I have to shell out 200k bucks more... I guess I could live with it after all it will not be used for high speed cruising cause I'm planning to upgrade it for offroading, pero a year from now pa kasi hinuhulugan ko pa.
    I have driven vehicles with ABS and/or EBD and managed to activate those features (on those so equipped) only on very rare instances. My current RAV4 is equipped with ABS. The ABS activated only about 4 times in the 2 years I have owned it, and that was when I was driving in snow and ice (I currently live in Canada) and at speeds lower than 40kph. You'll notice some vibrations, often accompanied by a grating sound, in the brake pedal when the ABS activates.

I've never managed to have the ABS do its work in our other cars in Manila, despite all the hard driving I did.

Sure, ABS is nice to have and very handy when it is needed. But its absence should not be the ONLY deciding factor when choosing a car. Ok naman tayo even before they were introduced, basta ingat lang palagi at wag maging kaskasero.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcawa View Post
    I have driven vehicles with ABS and/or EBD and managed to activate those features (on those so equipped) only on very rare instances. My current RAV4 is equipped with ABS. The ABS activated only about 4 times in the 2 years I have owned it, and that was when I was driving in snow and ice (I currently live in Canada) and at speeds lower than 40kph. You'll notice some vibrations, often accompanied by a grating sound, in the brake pedal when the ABS activates.

I've never managed to have the ABS do its work in our other cars in Manila, despite all the hard driving I did.

Sure, ABS is nice to have and very handy when it is needed. But its absence should not be the ONLY deciding factor when choosing a car. Ok naman tayo even before they were introduced, basta ingat lang palagi at wag maging kaskasero.
    It seems I already experienced that on my fort when I slammed my brake on a sandy road

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcawa View Post

Thank you sir for your input on Abs Ebd thing. It sure influences my decision.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    That was a comment by a "club president"? Leading by example are we? Tsk tsk tsk!

I'm no saint myself but surely bashing should be left to the kiddies and not us. Anyway, thanks guys for your replies, yes the problems I have encountered with my Strada all have cures and I wasn't the only person who experienced these problems (which is a good thing) so I am thankful to be surrounded by a helpful bunch of guys.
    hello sir,

can you please share to us you have encountered with your strada and the cures you have done. (need a doctor or emergency) joke lang sir. hope you can contribute some remedies on your truck that you have encountered in this thread. not the other way around. thanks sir. (for being one of the helpful bunch of guy)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Huh??? The "panalo by 3 cars length" was the from Botchi of TGP and only echoed by Patriarch when someone asked who won. You might wanna confront Botchi rather than Patriarch

Now for the "yung kumuha ng vid may cancer na" was a funny comment kasi nga naman mausok yung isang pickup

I'd rather have a club president who has a sense of humor rather than a "too serious" one ( di pa ako member sumisipsip na nyahahahaha).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    baka mali lang yung nabasa ko 4 speed AT lang yung GLX-V?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Huh??? The "panalo by 3 cars length" was the from Botchi of TGP and only echoed by Patriarch when someone asked who won. You might wanna confront Botchi rather than Patriarch

Now for the "yung kumuha ng vid may cancer na" was a funny comment kasi nga naman mausok yung isang pickup

I'd rather have a club president who has a sense of humor rather than a "too serious" one ( di pa ako member sumisipsip na nyahahahaha).
    + 1 rin ako sir sa comment niyo.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Anyone tried Eastern Petroleum diesel? they claimed its EURO IV compliant and is certified 50ppm or 90% less sulfur.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtrak View Post
    baka mali lang yung nabasa ko 4 speed AT lang yung GLX-V?
    Congratulations Sir at malinaw pa mata niyo.(joke joke joke)
    Yes Sir 4 speed lang po ang AT ng GLX-V while 5 speed AT ang GLS na VGT.

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]