New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 106 of 501 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 5002
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by atty.lenny View Post
    Satisfied with my 09 Strada, had my eyebrows raised when the Strada beat the Navara in that top gear video but it wasn't exactly olympics rules and regulations was it. But either way I'm a winner since I own both trucks.

Is there a problem page where I can talk about some problems I am having with my Strada? I thought my Strada would have been more reliable than it currently is. My friend who owns a new facelifted 2010 Strada is complaining about a kalampag noise in the front and the steering feels too light, are Stradas prone to steering wheel problems? My alarm is playing up with the locks, this is dangerous especially the world we are living in the carnappers etc. Anyway can I post these problems here or is there a special thread to post them in?

Like I asked in the kabilang thread, if ever I am free to meetup in an EB can I bring some family members along?

About the ABS, I don't want to involve my field of work (if it isn't already obvious what my field is) but I get my fair share of clients saying they would have not had accidents if their respective cars had ABS. I cannot stress how important it is not to have ABS, you can't say that 'I've never ever had the need to slam on the brakes' because the time will just come where you need to slam on the brakes and without ABS you are already in a disadvantaged position vs. car with ABS, coupled with that the weight of a Strada.

regarding the light steering...tell your friend that the tire pressure of his truck might be very high...it is the common culprit of the very light steering....

and regarding with the other issues your encountering with your strada it seems that its the Regular problems that a number of owners are experiencing....so you might want to backread a little more or use the handy dandy search the thread option for the solutions... because all of those problems has already been remedied before... and just in case you still have more issues regarding your truck, always feel free to post it here and we'll try our very best to help you with it...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Satisfied with my 09 Strada, had my eyebrows raised when the Strada beat the Navara in that top gear video but it wasn't exactly olympics rules and regulations was it. But either way I'm a winner since I own both trucks.

Is there a problem page where I can talk about some problems I am having with my Strada? I thought my Strada would have been more reliable than it currently is. My friend who owns a new facelifted 2010 Strada is complaining about a kalampag noise in the front and the steering feels too light, are Stradas prone to steering wheel problems? My alarm is playing up with the locks, this is dangerous especially the world we are living in the carnappers etc. Anyway can I post these problems here or is there a special thread to post them in?

Like I asked in the kabilang thread, if ever I am free to meetup in an EB can I bring some family members along?

About the ABS, I don't want to involve my field of work (if it isn't already obvious what my field is) but I get my fair share of clients saying they would have not had accidents if their respective cars had ABS. I cannot stress how important it is not to have ABS, you can't say that 'I've never ever had the need to slam on the brakes' because the time will just come where you need to slam on the brakes and without ABS you are already in a disadvantaged position vs. car with ABS, coupled with that the weight of a Strada.
    Hello Sir Welcome po.

- As mentioned by Sir av8or the strada that was featured was the new one with VGT na po kaya more hp na and torque.

- Winner po talaga kayo as you have got two beautiful pick ups.

- I believe in previous posts there have been problems with the steering and there was a certain batch of stradas that needed checking and re-tightening of bolts for the steering column.

- Don't worry Sir as you are not alone with regards to the locks and alarm of the strada. Kung naka warranty pa po kayo, you can have winterpine or sa casa po kayo pumunta at baka faulty actuators po. Naayos naman daw po by replacing the actuators free of charge.

- brought my whole family in my first EB, my kids just stayed inside the car, brought psp for them not to get bored. he he he Wife was busy with phone.

- with regards to ABS and EBD totally agree with you that it is much better to have it rather than not. Just my two cents lang po, I personally can live without one.
    Just for clarification lang rin po to all, having ABS will not help in stopping your car faster, it is to help you steer your car away from the obstacle in front of you when you slam on the breaks. (pero pag may mga katabi ka, aksidente pa rin po)

Best po talaga to be a defensive driver, drive responsibly and avoid speeding.

- should you have any other concerns po just post it lang but as what Sir LR777 posted please feel free to backread rin po. I know medyo mahirap bacause ang dami and sometimes nagloloko pa po connection. Tiyagain niyo lang po. You'll learn a lot more po. I for one did learn a lot from the posts and this is just my way of saying thanks to all who had helped.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mjlu View Post
    Hello Sir Welcome po.

- As mentioned by Sir av8or the strada that was featured was the new one with VGT na po kaya more hp na and torque.

- Winner po talaga kayo as you have got two beautiful pick ups.

- I believe in previous posts there have been problems with the steering and there was a certain batch of stradas that needed checking and re-tightening of bolts for the steering column.

- Don't worry Sir as you are not alone with regards to the locks and alarm of the strada. Kung naka warranty pa po kayo, you can have winterpine or sa casa po kayo pumunta at baka faulty actuators po. Naayos naman daw po by replacing the actuators free of charge.

- brought my whole family in my first EB, my kids just stayed inside the car, brought psp for them not to get bored. he he he Wife was busy with phone.

- with regards to ABS and EBD totally agree with you that it is much better to have it rather than not. Just my two cents lang po, I personally can live without one.
    Just for clarification lang rin po to all, having ABS will not help in stopping your car faster, it is to help you steer your car away from the obstacle in front of you when you slam on the breaks. (pero pag may mga katabi ka, aksidente pa rin po)

Best po talaga to be a defensive driver, drive responsibly and avoid speeding.

- should you have any other concerns po just post it lang but as what Sir LR777 posted please feel free to backread rin po. I know medyo mahirap bacause ang dami and sometimes nagloloko pa po connection. Tiyagain niyo lang po. You'll learn a lot more po. I for one did learn a lot from the posts and this is just my way of saying thanks to all who had helped.
    With regards to the ABS EBD, it does give me some comfort that most people can live without it, and i guess it makes the driver more focused and aware of the safety issues, thus being more careful when driving. pero sa totoo lang, if i am able to bear the additional cost, mga 260k din kasi difference ng 4x2 matic sa 4x4 matic vgt na strada eh, i would get na yung top of the line. maybe i'd end up buying the top of the line at maghigpit ng sinturon muna...or settle for the cheaper one, i can buy other things sa 260k. and besides, it's not just the abs ebd that would be featured sa top of the line. hay....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir Glad to know ok na po yung Strada niyo. Depends po, kasi kung nung 1k pms niyo at fully synthetic na nilagay niyo, no need na po for oil change, top up lang usually.
    sir bale top up din talaga ang recommendation ng casa pero sabi ko oil change na dahil nga yung Turbo XP ang oil na gamit ko (nanigurado na ako hehehe)

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by soyti75 View Post
    With regards to the ABS EBD, it does give me some comfort that most people can live without it, and i guess it makes the driver more focused and aware of the safety issues, thus being more careful when driving. pero sa totoo lang, if i am able to bear the additional cost, mga 260k din kasi difference ng 4x2 matic sa 4x4 matic vgt na strada eh, i would get na yung top of the line. maybe i'd end up buying the top of the line at maghigpit ng sinturon muna...or settle for the cheaper one, i can buy other things sa 260k. and besides, it's not just the abs ebd that would be featured sa top of the line. hay....
    Same sentiments here Sir that is why I ended up getting the GLX. Pero if you can afford the top of the line, best talaga yun.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    sir bale top up din talaga ang recommendation ng casa pero sabi ko oil change na dahil nga yung Turbo XP ang oil na gamit ko (nanigurado na ako hehehe)
    If you don't mind the costs, mas maganda talaga to change oil every 5K as Sir KC would put it, especially here in manila with the stop and go traffic.

With my old car sir I used to try and change oil quarterly because of my high mileage travel. Benefits are even after 12 years ok pa rin ihataw. Kaso lang now mas mahal na ang cost kaya medyo tipid muna ako. Gasoline car kasi before now diesel mas madami rin oil kailangan.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    panalo daw by 3 cars length! kaso yung kumuha ng vid may lung cancer na bwahahahaha
    That was a comment by a "club president"? Leading by example are we? Tsk tsk tsk!

I'm no saint myself but surely bashing should be left to the kiddies and not us. Anyway, thanks guys for your replies, yes the problems I have encountered with my Strada all have cures and I wasn't the only person who experienced these problems (which is a good thing) so I am thankful to be surrounded by a helpful bunch of guys.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by soyti75 View Post
    Same sentiments here Sir that is why I ended up getting the GLX. Pero if you can afford the top of the line, best talaga yun.
    Most of my cars before have no abs ebd except my xtrail and my current fortuner. Honestly I dont see any difference I never noticed my abs if it was activating or not during my hard braking. I remember my xtrail skidded but didn't manage to maneuver it, the road was so slippery luckily it stopped just in time.

Now I bought strada gls without abs, of course I want abs but not that much that I have to shell out 200k bucks more... I guess I could live with it after all it will not be used for high speed cruising cause I'm planning to upgrade it for offroading, pero a year from now pa kasi hinuhulugan ko pa.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    That was a comment by a "club president"? Leading by example are we? Tsk tsk tsk!

I'm no saint myself but surely bashing should be left to the kiddies and not us. Anyway, thanks guys for your replies, yes the problems I have encountered with my Strada all have cures and I wasn't the only person who experienced these problems (which is a good thing) so I am thankful to be surrounded by a helpful bunch of guys.
    Pasencia na sir, joker lang talaga si president. Atty din yun just like you. So balance naman pagka biro nun

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007

"Panyero", apektado ka? sorry ha

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]