New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 104 of 501 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 5002
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I finally got a sure answer about that ABS EBD thing..it is NOT a feature on the new VGT 4x2 matic, just for the 4x4. This is really disappointing, but one said some drivers could live without the ABS EBD. Hay naku, do I really need that feature? Hindi naman ako kaskasero, but I will always have this nagging feeling that if ever I would own that strada 4x2 matic, I would feel not so secure and safe.
    What's the big deal ba about this ABS EBD mga Bossing? Please help to enlighten me.

Salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    message from our SEC.PRANSIS..

The Strada Club of the Philippines will be having a mini EB this Friday, February 25, at Bacolod Chicken Inasal, Metrowalk, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, 8:00PM onwards. This is in celebration of our very own Bunso, Mikko Abad's passing of the Nursing Boards. New members are welcome to join us. You can park your Stradas at the gravel parking at the back of Metrowalk. See ya

Pangbuo lang ng araw natin.... Enjoy!

Video Courtesy of TopGear Philippines...

YouTube - Mitsubishi Strada 2.5 VGT vs Nissan Navara 2.5 VGT
    tsk tsk tsk wow talaga walang kausok usok kahit biglang tapak sa silinyador delikado yan mabilis eh hehehe

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tc327 View Post
    tsk tsk tsk wow talaga walang kausok usok kahit biglang tapak sa silinyador delikado yan mabilis eh hehehe
    madali lang solution dyan tc, counterweight, change shock absorber..
    im sure ang sarap ng patakbuhin nyan...

pero mas maganda kung merong manual vgt..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by soyti75 View Post
    I finally got a sure answer about that ABS EBD thing..it is NOT a feature on the new VGT 4x2 matic, just for the 4x4. This is really disappointing, but one said some drivers could live without the ABS EBD. Hay naku, do I really need that feature? Hindi naman ako kaskasero, but I will always have this nagging feeling that if ever I would own that strada 4x2 matic, I would feel not so secure and safe.
    What's the big deal ba about this ABS EBD mga Bossing? Please help to enlighten me.

Salamat po.
    hi sir,

does your present car have ABS and EBD? If you think you really need those two safety features, then you have to get the higher variant or choose another pickup. in the end, its you who will have to drive it and love driving the truck.

I've been driving my Strada for more than 3 years, so far, i never needed to slam on the brakes, but If i had to, I know how to avoid brake lockup. although definitely its a great feature, no doubt.

my other cars have ABS, but when I drive my Strada, I am still secured. but again sir, in still boils down to how you will be feeling when driving your next new car. If its essential sir, no choice talaga tayo but what I mentioned above. HTH.

Basta kami Strada owners, feel secure driving our Strada.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nismo26 View Post
    madali lang solution dyan tc, counterweight, change shock absorber..
    im sure ang sarap ng patakbuhin nyan...

pero mas maganda kung merong manual vgt..
    Parang tama dyan ang roller lid, rear nudge bar, bilstein shocks, 18x8 +25offset light alloy wheels, 265/60r18 high performance tires, at wild driver.
    Last edited by doy; February 25th, 2011 at 02:42 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just got back from my 5K PMS. Di pala kasama ang oil-change sa 5K checkup pero nagpa-oil change na din ako. Ayun ganda ng ulit tunog ng makina. Yung shifter ko ayus na ulit di na maganit. Kinailangan lang daw i-bleed yung clutch system at lagyan ng lubricant yung sa stick (i think the lubricant did the trick kasi ala naman prob yung clutch).

May montero na naka-display doon. Tinanong ko kung 2011 model sabi nung isang technician oo daw pero paglapit ko 2010 model pa din. Sayang walang 2011 model nausisa ko sana

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    hi sir,

does your present car have ABS and EBD? If you think you really need those two safety features, then you have to get the higher variant or choose another pickup. in the end, its you who will have to drive it and love driving the truck.

I've been driving my Strada for more than 3 years, so far, i never needed to slam on the brakes, but If i had to, I know how to avoid brake lockup. although definitely its a great feature, no doubt.

my other cars have ABS, but when I drive my Strada, I am still secured. but again sir, in still boils down to how you will be feeling when driving your next new car. If its essential sir, no choice talaga tayo but what I mentioned above. HTH.

Basta kami Strada owners, feel secure driving our Strada.
    I used to drive a Jazz with no abs ebd, and yes, did not have a problem with it. I hope if i get the new strada 4x2 matic, it will serve me well too

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by soyti75 View Post

Salamat po.
    Sir ABS is used so that in wet and slippery conditions, when you slam on the breaks you will still be able to control (steer left or right) the vehicle and avoid hitting whatever is in front of you.

EBD naman is usually to distribute the breaking force among all four wheels when breaking. Kasi sometimes we have heavier loads at the back compared sa front and as we all know the heavier you are the longer the distance of stopping, EBD tries to compensate for the difference in weight and will apply more to the wheel with a heavier weight thus equally distributing the break force among all four wheels regardless of weight.

Like my answer before, kung walang ABS driver has to be able to compensate and so long as marunong yung driver (pumping your breaks while steering instead of just slamming on it to avoid lock up ng wheel), same lang ang results compared to it having ABS.

Regarding EBD naman po, you mentioned earlier that you are not planning on carrying very heavy loads naman. If ever meron heavy load po, just remember that a heavier vehicle will need a longer distance to stop compared to a lighter vehicle considering all things are the same po. Again driver experience po kailangan dito.

Just to give you an insight, my old car had ABS and when it broke, I never bothered to have it fixed anymore. Somtimes nga the ABS is quite annoying.

Nasasainyo na po, some of us said that its nice to have but its something we can live without. Hope this helps.

*LR777

Galing talaga ng Strada! Nice video and thanks for sharing Sir. Bakit kaya ganun, yung iba pickup sobrang mausok?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    Pangbuo lang ng araw natin.... Enjoy!

Video Courtesy of TopGear Philippines...

YouTube - Mitsubishi Strada 2.5 VGT vs Nissan Navara 2.5 VGT
    Sir LR, post ko na rin yung Top Gear article para buong buo ang kwento...
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/drag-...-nissan-navara
    Bili na! But drive safely!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Just got back from my 5K PMS. Di pala kasama ang oil-change sa 5K checkup pero nagpa-oil change na din ako. Ayun ganda ng ulit tunog ng makina. Yung shifter ko ayus na ulit di na maganit. Kinailangan lang daw i-bleed yung clutch system at lagyan ng lubricant yung sa stick (i think the lubricant did the trick kasi ala naman prob yung clutch).

May montero na naka-display doon. Tinanong ko kung 2011 model sabi nung isang technician oo daw pero paglapit ko 2010 model pa din. Sayang walang 2011 model nausisa ko sana
    Sir Glad to know ok na po yung Strada niyo. Depends po, kasi kung nung 1k pms niyo at fully synthetic na nilagay niyo, no need na po for oil change, top up lang usually.

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]