New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 71 of 501 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mjal View Post
    Just to set things clear. I'm not posting here to discredit Mitsubishi or the Strada. My intention is to inform the public that yes the strada has quality issues. I knew about this issues way way before I bought this unit and I bought my strada bearing this in mind. I just never expected it to happen to my unit. My other purpose is I want Mitsubishi to know that these issues are being talked about in public and people are aware of these. That way they give people like me the less run around as possible and to sana just do the right thing and just replace the unit out of the goodness of their hearts and good PR. Also, that they finally fix the quality issues plaguing their diesel engines here. Kung sa ibang bansa lang to matagal ng nag recall ang strada. Problema kamote ang congress natin and are obviously being bribed by the car companies not to pass the lemon law.
    I feel for your pards and admire your coolness on how you are handling the issue - I agree at this stage to open up na with Diamond the issue of replacement. There's a guy on tsikot.com (you may want to research "Union Motor") who managed to get a replacement; it's a different case though... You may want to PM the guy; it is a tedious work but it a workable. All the best pards!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mjal View Post
    Just to set things clear. I'm not posting here to discredit Mitsubishi or the Strada. My intention is to inform the public that yes the strada has quality issues. I knew about this issues way way before I bought this unit and I bought my strada bearing this in mind. I just never expected it to happen to my unit. My other purpose is I want Mitsubishi to know that these issues are being talked about in public and people are aware of these. That way they give people like me the less run around as possible and to sana just do the right thing and just replace the unit out of the goodness of their hearts and good PR. Also, that they finally fix the quality issues plaguing their diesel engines here. Kung sa ibang bansa lang to matagal ng nag recall ang strada. Problema kamote ang congress natin and are obviously being bribed by the car companies not to pass the lemon law.
    Sir mjal don't worry, if I may speak in behalf na rin po (sir TP ok lang ba?) people at the club take things constructively regardless of the feed back good or bad. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. This is what I've noticed lang po sa mga BOSBs, natural na matulungin yung mga members.

Like you, I read through the whole thread before I purchased my unit recently and so far no regrets. Minalas lang po kayo I guess but atleast your dealer is doing something about it and they'll provide you a service unit.

Just do keep us posted para if ever it happens again, god forbid, makakatulong din po sa iba yung mga posts niyo.

* S'LR777 - you're right below half na yung tank and medyo mataas talaga yung inclination when that happened. Thank you sir.

Maybe yung mga gurus can give additional info as to how to maintain our SCV's and EGR's to prevent premature wear and tear/replacement?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    re: SCV
    I read somewhere that since there is really no guarantee that diesel fuel here is clean enough for our rides, another suggestion to avoid SCV problem is early replacement of fuel filter? It somehow help to avoid the contaminants to get into SCV. I may be wrong though... tao lang po

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    repost ko lang.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dBoss View Post
    I feel for your pards and admire your coolness on how you are handling the issue - I agree at this stage to open up na with Diamond the issue of replacement. There's a guy on tsikot.com (you may want to research "Union Motor") who managed to get a replacement; it's a different case though... You may want to PM the guy; it is a tedious work but it a workable. All the best pards!
    sir dboss, YGPM

Quote Originally Posted by mjlu View Post
    Sir mjal don't worry, if I may speak in behalf na rin po (sir TP ok lang ba?) people at the club take things constructively regardless of the feed back good or bad. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. This is what I've noticed lang po sa mga BOSBs, natural na matulungin yung mga members.

Like you, I read through the whole thread before I purchased my unit recently and so far no regrets. Minalas lang po kayo I guess but atleast your dealer is doing something about it and they'll provide you a service unit.

Just do keep us posted para if ever it happens again, god forbid, makakatulong din po sa iba yung mga posts niyo.
    oo bro, tama lahat ng sinabi mo, in fact maybe kung nakapag pa member agad sir mjal, baka mas lalo pa sana natin syang natulungan...

Quote Originally Posted by mjlu View Post
    * S'LR777 - you're right below half na yung tank and medyo mataas talaga yung inclination when that happened. Thank you sir.

Maybe yung mga gurus can give additional info as to how to maintain our SCV's and EGR's to prevent premature wear and tear/replacement?
    Quote Originally Posted by ezrydre View Post
    re: SCV
    I read somewhere that since there is really no guarantee that diesel fuel here is clean enough for our rides, another suggestion to avoid SCV problem is early replacement of fuel filter? It somehow help to avoid the contaminants to get into SCV. I may be wrong though... tao lang po

I think replacing the fuel filter earlier than usual will really help in the prevention, pero tingin ko the best way parin is to make sure your gas station is 1,000,000% reliable...

eto yung ilan guidelines ko for my truck its been said here by numerous owners and bosb's alike iconsolidate ko lang, I hope it can help you also

1. make sure walang malapit na any form of water resevoir kahit na simpleng sapa or patubig sa gas station..

2. wag magpapakarga while the tanker is filling the main tank of the station...But better is itanong mo muna sa gasboy kung ano na yung inilalagay baka mamaya kasi puno na yung tank nung diesel at gasoline na yung nialalagay, basta kapag nilalagay palang or near empty na yung main tank ng diesel proceed ka na sa next station..

3. Gas up only at active stations, yung marami lagi nagapakarga para siguradong hindi luma yung fuel...kasi nakaka accumulate yun ng moisture pag hindi nagagalaw.

4. if possible get some sort of a filter for the nozzle of the pump(stockings and alike) I've read this once nakalimutan ko lang kung sino nag sabi hehe...I'm pretty much positive this will be effective but I've done it only several times hehe...lagi kasing nagmamadali at nakakahiyan ko na hehe

5. Just in case mag magpapakarga kayo sa Shell gas station emphasize nyo lagi na V-POWER DIESEL at WAG V-POWER lang...kasi may nangyari ng ganyan sa isang BOSB, V-POWER lang sinabi kinargahan nga sya ng V-POWER pero high Octane gasoline naman ang kinarga,buti nalang patay engine hehe...naibaba agad ang tanke walang pang dose oras nailalabas sa casa hehe

HTH
    Last edited by locoroco777; January 26th, 2011 at 02:06 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post

4. if possible get some sort of a filter for the nozzle of the pump(stockings and alike) I've read this once nakalimutan ko lang kung sino nag sabi hehe...I'm pretty much positive this will be effective but I've done it only several times hehe...
    How about this filter funnel

http://www.proquip.com.au/ProductPag.../MrFunnel.html

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ezrydre View Post
    ok yan sir ah?

san kaya meron nyan? sigurado benta yan dito especially sa mga naka CRDI engines...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    To all, please help, if this is normal or a problem. lately i noticed some "pito/whistle or/ bell" (it was like a spinning bearing without lubrication screeching noise) sound coming out under the engine, it is more audible if the lister is positioned right next to the front wheel, the sound appeared the morning i started the vehicle which was used from the previous night through flooded streets here in davao. i went to casa to have it checked but they could not determined the problem but i think they just took my query for-granted and just made some unsound justifications that they have done some "computer analysis" and found that there is no problem?.

any inputs? anyone?

in addition, the vehicle is said to be schedule for a change in steering assembly when the parts arrived.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    It happened to our service car (ISUZU IPV) at the office before, same thing, the car passed through flooded street along Espana. After two days, the screeching noise came out of the car, specifically when the car is rested for long hours; the culprit is the bearing of the air-conditioning system. Our driver initially used WD40 to immediately correct the problem but our Admin decided to have the bearing replaced at Servitek in Balanga-Bataan.

Quote Originally Posted by binzur View Post
    To all, please help, if this is normal or a problem. lately i noticed some "pito/whistle or/ bell" (it was like a spinning bearing without lubrication screeching noise) sound coming out under the engine, it is more audible if the lister is positioned right next to the front wheel, the sound appeared the morning i started the vehicle which was used from the previous night through flooded streets here in davao. i went to casa to have it checked but they could not determined the problem but i think they just took my query for-granted and just made some unsound justifications that they have done some "computer analysis" and found that there is no problem?.

any inputs? anyone?

in addition, the vehicle is said to be schedule for a change in steering assembly when the parts arrived.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Mga Sir paabala lang...
    Last edited by big_bonsai; January 26th, 2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: may mali

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]