New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 69 of 501 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can also check your fuel filter for presence of water or impurities in your diesel fuel which can definitely rob power from your engine. Nangyari sa XUV ng hipag ko yan. Pigil ang takbo tas check engine light. Nalaman lang namin na contaminated na yung fuel nung umilaw na rin yung check filter sa dash.

HTH!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    My dear Strada gurus, Its been a while since I last posted in this area.

I'm in a sort of panic mode right now and I need some of your thoughts...

Yung aming 3-year old na GLS Sport MT has lost its power, sobrang pigil na yung takbo niya and hindi siya maka-arangkada past 50 kph... and worse, umilaw na yung Check-Engine light niya... I thought mamamatayan ako ng makina during biyahe pero hindi naman, pigil lang talaga.

Need your insights...
    Most likely, SCV problem yan. I suggest dalhin mo kaagad sa casa para makahabol ka sa warranty claim. Mahal din ang SCV replacement if out of warranty ka na, around 5-6k excluding labor, if I'm not mistaken.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    whoah lakas ng 2.5 VGT!!! pati tranny danda danda!!! Sana ma-test drive ko yan.

Pansin ko parang maraming may ayaw ng silver na kulay hehehehe. Maganda ang dating ng "Cool Silver" nagiging bluish sya pag tinatamaan ng araw. Di pa halata ang scratches at swirl marks. Nage-enjoy nga ako i-maintain. Once a week car wash tapos twice ko pa lang wina-wax ;)
    cool silver sa akin....agree ako sa statement mo.

My dear Strada gurus, Its been a while since I last posted in this area.

I'm in a sort of panic mode right now and I need some of your thoughts...

Yung aming 3-year old na GLS Sport MT has lost its power, sobrang pigil na yung takbo niya and hindi siya maka-arangkada past 50 kph... and worse, umilaw na yung Check-Engine light niya... I thought mamamatayan ako ng makina during biyahe pero hindi naman, pigil lang talaga.

Need your insights...
    SCV lang yan sir

Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    classic EGR/SCV symptoms sir... dalhin mo sa casa para ma-diagnose... sana makuha sa simple cleaning ng EGR

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi, its my first post here. I got my strada from Mitsu valle verde last Jan 9. 3 days later I experienced engine problems thats sounded exactly like the scv and egr problems thats being discussed here. The findings was that fuel injector #4 was malfunctioning and they then replaced it. It seems like that was the end of it until more than week later I experienced the same problems again and its back to the casa again. Long story short, the head service manager gave me a call a few moments ago and said, in not so many words, that they still don't know what the problem is after replacing the scv, fuel injector AND the computer box. I'm inclined now to just ask for a a replacement unit. My question is: What are the chances of me getting the unit replaced considering we don't have a lemon law that protects consumers. Thank you for your replies. By the way, the mileage of my car is less than 300km so you can imagine my dissappointment.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    well, I just got home from Citimotors LP... and its exactly like you said guys... SCV / EGR! Di na naihabol sa warranty kaya ayun 6.6k damages for the SCV then additional 1k for the labor on checking engine manifest, check fuel filter and others... haay!

Thank You for your replies.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dadz View Post
    Im just wondering with the EGR mine never had a cleaning and close it already for a good while dont have a problem. How does EGR getting mulfunction? because i dont see any difference if your EGR is close by a blocking plate or by dirt.

Pls do enlighten me because we dont experience that problem.
    nasa fuel quality siguro sir dadz, kasi sa sobrang dumi ng nilalabas na exhaust inde na siguro nakakaya ng EGR i recirculate ng maayos...

Quote Originally Posted by mjal View Post
    Hi, its my first post here. I got my strada from Mitsu valle verde last Jan 9. 3 days later I experienced engine problems thats sounded exactly like the scv and egr problems thats being discussed here. The findings was that fuel injector #4 was malfunctioning and they then replaced it. It seems like that was the end of it until more than week later I experienced the same problems again and its back to the casa again. Long story short, the head service manager gave me a call a few moments ago and said, in not so many words, that they still don't know what the problem is after replacing the scv, fuel injector AND the computer box. I'm inclined now to just ask for a a replacement unit. My question is: What are the chances of me getting the unit replaced considering we don't have a lemon law that protects consumers. Thank you for your replies. By the way, the mileage of my car is less than 300km so you can imagine my dissappointment.
    hi sir! I suggest you get a lawyer na for this....medyo mabigat ito but theres a very high possibilty that you will get a replacement unit judging from the details you have given...

and If I can recall correctly, merong nasasaaad sa law na dapat at least 3 times mo dapat pagawa pag hinde parin naayos you are entitled to a new unit....the problem now is that the casa can do this budul budul what ever for them to not give you a new unit so thats why I suggested earlier that you should avail of the services of a lawyer...

any takes from the Lawyer sweet lovers out there?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hi5kaibigan View Post
    CARBON deposits in the EGR valve & passageways begin to restrict exhaust gas flow into the combustion chambers thus causing loss of engine power, lower fuel efficiency & emission increase.

EGR VALVE MAINTENANCE & CLEANING:
    It will take only a few minutes.
    This was done on my unit on 60,000 kms PMS. It wil help engine performance, fuel efficiency & cleaner emissions.

Ref: 4M41 manual-- page 11B-8-1
    This precisely my question how come my EGR are close, i did put a blocking plate to it so no more function but still i did not encounter this problem even some members of our club dito had these blocking plate and no problem. Closing the EGR even give a few horse power about 5hp ang dinagdag nya pag sinarado.

since i got my truck haven't had my EGR clean, even my intake and exhaust manifold just clean it on my 80K odo meter.

*sir LLR maybe it is the diesel but same concept ma barahan man nag dumi or close mo talaga bakit sinasabi nag casa na sira or ang problem is the EGR.

Do you guys get my delema medyo nag tataka ako. Most of us nag close nag EGR with out any problem pareho lang nag nabarahan nag dumi.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    well, I just got home from Citimotors LP... and its exactly like you said guys... SCV / EGR! Di na naihabol sa warranty kaya ayun 6.6k damages for the SCV then additional 1k for the labor on checking engine manifest, check fuel filter and others... haay!

bakit di naihabol sa warranty? out of warranty naba strada mo sir?

sensya na kung i compare ko, pero dito sa Kar Asia Davao
    kung nasa warranty pa, its for free..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mjal View Post
    wow, first i've heard of that problem at a young age. Sir, please also get in touch with MMPC aside from Mitsu Valle. But just like what locoroco said, at least 3x dapat ayusin before you can demand a replacement. But i am really sorry to hear this, this is sad. keep us posted sir, and I hope maayos nga yan agad.

Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    nasa fuel quality siguro sir dadz, kasi sa sobrang dumi ng nilalabas na exhaust inde na siguro nakakaya ng EGR i recirculate ng maayos...

hi sir! I suggest you get a lawyer na for this....medyo mabigat ito but theres a very high possibilty that you will get a replacement unit judging from the details you have given...

and If I can recall correctly, merong nasasaaad sa law na dapat at least 3 times mo dapat pagawa pag hinde parin naayos you are entitled to a new unit....the problem now is that the casa can do this budul budul what ever for them to not give you a new unit so thats why I suggested earlier that you should avail of the services of a lawyer...

any takes from the Lawyer sweet lovers out there?

sorry to hear that sir, how old is your car? maybe you could have requested extended warranty from MMPC because, madami na rin instances of SCV/EGR replacement, maybe they could have given you "good will". anyhow, not that expensive if you think about it versus, P75K plus if you have Isuzu Trooper 4jx1

Quote Originally Posted by nismo26 View Post
    bakit di naihabol sa warranty? out of warranty naba strada mo sir?

sensya na kung i compare ko, pero dito sa Kar Asia Davao
    kung nasa warranty pa, its for free..
    wala na warranty.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    yeah the truck is out of warranty already... nag expire na siya just last November 11 of 2010.

sayang di ba?

thanks for your comforting words sir av8or5! sana nanaman di na maulit to... i personally take pride driving our Strada kase I feel its really a crackin' beast of a motor (CRDI Power!), its a little insulting to experience this on a nice car... but thats just me.

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]