The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 39 of 501 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Merry Christmas to all strada owners!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi guys!! Merry Xmas....

May tanung lang ako sa mga 2010 strada owners dito... Niregalohan kasi ako ng HID lights 8000K H4H/L ng GF ko for my 2010 strada... =P and I'm a bit hesitant to have it installed kasi worried lng ako baka mag start na magka moisture yung headlights ko once baklasin ito para makabit HID.... dami ko kasi na ririnig na mas madaling magmoisture headlights once binaklas na ito e... ano sa tingin nyo? o baka masyado lang ako praning.... 1st time car owner din kasi ako e... sabihan nyo lng ako kung masyado lang akong praning heheheh... And maaapektohan ba warranty ko pag ganun? just got my Triton last dec 2 e..... =P appreciate the opinions..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i believe installing HIDs for your strada will not result in moisutre in the head lamps, the ones you hear having moisture in the headlamps are probably the people who opened their head lights for cleaning and was not properly sealed. but installing hids will accelarate the degrading of the headlamp lens leading to hazy and cloudy lenses.
    Last edited by KCboy; December 25th, 2010 at 07:21 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yard View Post
    Hi guys!! Merry Xmas....

May tanung lang ako sa mga 2010 strada owners dito... Niregalohan kasi ako ng HID lights 8000K H4H/L ng GF ko for my 2010 strada... =P and I'm a bit hesitant to have it installed kasi worried lng ako baka mag start na magka moisture yung headlights ko once baklasin ito para makabit HID.... dami ko kasi na ririnig na mas madaling magmoisture headlights once binaklas na ito e... ano sa tingin nyo? o baka masyado lang ako praning.... 1st time car owner din kasi ako e... sabihan nyo lng ako kung masyado lang akong praning heheheh... And maaapektohan ba warranty ko pag ganun? just got my Triton last dec 2 e..... =P appreciate the opinions..
    I have my HID for over a year now and it did not void the warranty of my vehicle, wala na rin warranty yung akin since last May 2010. Tama si sir KCboy, installing HIDs will accelarate the degrading of the headlamp lens resulting in darkening of the lens. Pero it's worth it naman dahil mas maliwanag ang HID kesa halogen. I suggest ipapalit mo yung 8000K to 6000K or much better 4300K, masakit sa mata yang temperature na yan bro.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    I have my HID for over a year now and it did not void the warranty of my vehicle, wala na rin warranty yung akin since last May 2010. Tama si sir KCboy, installing HIDs will accelarate the degrading of the headlamp lens resulting in darkening of the lens. Pero it's worth it naman dahil mas maliwanag ang HID kesa halogen. I suggest ipapalit mo yung 8000K to 6000K or much better 4300K, masakit sa mata yang temperature na yan bro.
    or even better if you could retrofit your head lamps to projector type lenses so that you can minimize the glare from opposite traffic as well as maximizing the illumination of the hids.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    or even better if you could retrofit your head lamps to projector type lenses so that you can minimize the glare from opposite traffic as well as maximizing the illumination of the hids.
    Hay kung may pera lang! :drool:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    i believe installing HIDs for your strada will not result in moisutre in the head lamps, the ones you hear having moisture in the headlamps are probably the people who opened their head lights for cleaning and was not properly sealed. but installing hids will accelarate the degrading of the headlamp lens leading to hazy and cloudy lenses.
    Sir, how will HIDs accelerate the degrading of the headlamp? Diba 35watts (common) or 50watts (high output) lang ang HID retrofits sa market?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Mga Gurus,

nag back read na ako re clutch noise problem, and Im experiencing the same noise/squeak when the clutch pedal is released (note: noise heard only when the clutch pedal is released and normal when pressed). Sound is coming from the outside and not in the cabin (cant hear it when the windows are closed).

Pinacheck ko sana sa casa but hindi naman lumabas ang sound when i was there so inuwi ko ulit. the sound is intermittent but frequent.

How many have experienced this problem? based on the previous posts solutions are greasing to clutch replacement. Can you share the solutions?

Is this alarming? Considering the number of this kind of noise problem, is this normal with M/T stradas?

My truck is only 5 months old and with only 6500 kms on it.

BTW, the noise is heard regardless when the engine is running or off.

Thanks

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yard View Post
    Hi guys!! Merry Xmas....

I doubt if the installation of HID bulbs can be a reason for the moisture in the HL's. Basically, you can install them without having any worries.

Problem is, 8000k is too much. Masakit yan sa mata. It can blind oncoming motorists, bigtime. What can you do ? ..

Option 1.
    1. Sell your 8000k H.I.D ( Probably 5k ? Dunno. Haha. )
    2. Get a set of bolt on projectors ( w/ HID .. 4300k temp * 14k )

or ...

Option 2.
    1. Sell your 8000k H.I.D
    2. Get a set of Osram Nightbreakers or Philips Xtreme Power ( gives a whitish output but no glare costs around 1.3k )
    3. Get a set of good yellow bulbs for the foglights ( ~ 1k also. )

May sukli ka pa ...

Personally, I'd go with Option 2. ;)

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Wow, thanks sa replies guys... dami pa palang options... hehehe... baka pa palit ko nga to a less brighter HID... di rin ako fan ng mga nakakasilaw na ilaw e... lalo na pag ikaw ang sinisilaw.... heheheh... salamat uli...

2010 Mitsubishi Strada [continued 2]