New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 302 of 302 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302
Results 3,011 to 3,019 of 3019
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Hirap kasi change ng brake fluid, parang hinde exact science, meron tiga-bomba dopat sa driver side pero minsan may hangin pa din

sayang brake master mo, pinalitan kahit Hindi sira.

sponginess can be felt also with a worn down suspension part, I'm guessing ball joint Yan. ano ba Yan? mcperhson or wishbone. if McPherson try to have the lower ball joints replaced, pag wishbone, replace both upper and lower ball joints. bale x4 yun ha.

check your tires also, baka underinflated or Mali ang pagkakalbo, replace all na din since 2010 pa yan.

and if replace ball joints, pa-check mo tie rod and rack end kung may play. per my experience, dapat sabay pinapalitan eto along with the tires para sa balik Dati na feel ng car , while you're at it check the stab links and bushings na din

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    1) ABS brakes still need to be bled. IMO strike out na yung shop that told you they can't be bled, that's obviously dumb.
    Bleeding ABS Brake Systems

2) Old rubber brake lines there are two schools of thought on this. One is that they're good enough, the other is that they eventually expand, making stainless-steel braided lines a worthwhile upgrade. Personal experience I really liked the feel of steel braided brake lines.
    Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; November 22nd, 2019 at 02:43 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    takot lang yun mekaniko ng talyer na yun,

pag binaba kasi yan brakes at kinumpuni anjan ang ABS sensor. usually, disconnect lang yan parang port ng ilaw ng bulb.

malamang nakasira yun talyer na yun ng ABS Sensor, baka nadaganan or natamaan ng tools habang nagkukumpuni ng preno, kaya ganun sinabi nila.

wag kasi kayo magpapagawa sa mga talyer na walang lifter, magnet talaga sa kapalpakan yun mga ganun talyer.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Will just clarify...

According to shop (roadstar Katipunan), bleeding has to be done in Casa due to the ABS sensor... it will continually pump the fluid.... if they do it

My second shop was eldorado in project 4 (or cubao area)

Both shops were recommended, but I’m not satisfied with their service .... or lack of... though same with my existing CASA

So I’m still in limbo how I will proceed...

Take note I have nothing against the recommended shops... I’m sure they are good... just want to fix my ASX without guessing

Thanks

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    bago gawa na kasi brake master mo, so closed system ang hydraulics, kung may leak pa yan, kung may aso kayo sa bahay nyo siigurado patay na yun if hinde mo nakikita kung nag leak ang brake fluid mo, kasi i lick nya yun

if you are after how it rides before when it was younger, thats why you described is spongy. I would recommend na tignan mo na na ang ibang part sa suspension system kasi they all work together. pag hinde ganun kakapit ang preno as before, somethig is worn out kaya di makapit sa harap.

The problem with mechanics and talyer with lifters, they really guess on the suspension system, so kelangan mo na mag decide on your own. A car with that age, ball joint yan. i consider ball joints kasi as like sparkplugs or fuel filter, kelangan palitan every 5 years. Madali lang gawin yan, maybe 1-1.5 hours work sa gasolinahan.

Now if i were you palitan mo na lahat ng dapat palitan sa suspension since bago na din brake pads , brake master at bago bleed fluid mo, para maganda and like new ulit takbo. Yes, even the tires if you have the budget

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Onti onti ba nauubos ang brake fluid?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cta2 View Post
    According to shop (roadstar Katipunan), bleeding has to be done in Casa due to the ABS sensor... it will continually pump the fluid.... if they do it
    labo lol

ABS only works when it senses a speed difference between your tires, kaya nga may wheel speed sensor. You can bleed the brakes on an ABS equipped vehicle just like you would with any other car.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Hirap kasi change ng brake fluid, parang hinde exact science, meron tiga-bomba dopat sa driver side pero minsan may hangin pa din
    Ginawa ko sir bumili ako nun bleeder hose with one way valve. Although pwede naman hose lang na naka lubog yun exit end sa brake fluid, gusto ko lang try out yun may valve.

Few days ago nag palit brake fluid ako nun sasakyan namin (Vios lang naman) kasama ko si misis. Si misis taga tingin pag may bula at nun level ng brake fluid. Minsan sya mag pump ng pedal pag nag double check ako.

Although dalawa kami is basically kaya naman ng isang tao.

Drove the car yesterday for 20KM so far no issues.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cta2 View Post
    Hello guys...

i have an ageing mitsubishi ASX...
    brakes are now spongy (again)...

brought it to CASA several times... and i guess nag process of elimination sila

1. Observation... meron naman daw brakes basta tapakan ng malakas... my issue was brakes were spongy in traffic... so they gave it a good bill of health...

2. Brought it outside of CASA, they said nobody does 'bleeding' of lines anymore due to ABS, it has to be done by CASA

3. Brought to another shop, specializes in Mitsubishi... didnt reply back when parts are available... and i kinda didnt like the shop, they are more of a supplier than car service shop

3. brought it to CASA again, coz i dont feel safe with the car, they told me to replace brake pads... okay... paid the price

4. still has the problem, observe... and they finally saw the problem, leak in Brake Master... okay, paid the price.

5. Car is better for 6 months, then spongy feel comes back again....

6. Of course will bring to CASA, but can someone pinpoint whats the real problem? Even told CASA to change the brake lines coz the rubber tubing can be the culprit (due to age of car)... but CASA says there no problem in the brake lines.

Any leads will be appreciated... either a good shop or if anyone has similar experience.

this is my 1st "major" problem with the car... I just hope i can find a solution... i do want to keep it

Thanks

Try bleeding by gravity sir, 2x ko ng nagawa sa 2011 asx ko.
    102k na odo.

2010 Mitsubishi ASX Crossover