New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006

Forget what you might remember about the previous Lancer Ralliart, as this new version will offer more than just a revised suspension and a modest horsepower increase.

Prototypes spotted in the mountains of Colorado and the deserts of Death Valley reveal only modest changes to the Ralliart's styling. Slightly more aggressive bodywork, larger wheels and tires, and dual exhaust pipes are the most obvious changes.

Under the hood, we expect the 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart will get a turbocharged version of Mitsubishi's latest 2.0-liter four-cylinder with an output of around 220 to 230 horsepower. The proximity to the 224 hp generated by the Subaru Impreza WRX is no coincidence, as Mitsubishi is directly targeting Subaru's highly successful midlevel performance.

The dual-clutch gearbox being introduced by Mitsubishi for the Lancer Evolution isn't likely to find its way into the Ralliart, however, so expect to see either a five- or six-speed manual gearbox.

Further evidence of Mitsubishi's aim to unseat the WRX is the Ralliart's use of all-wheel drive. Yes, unlike previous Ralliart models that were saddled with only front-wheel drive, this Ralliart will send power to all four of its wheels. Expect a slightly less advanced version of the Lancer Evolution's AWD system in order to keep costs down.

With the debut of the Lancer Evolution scheduled for October, the official unveil of the Ralliart model shouldn't be far behind.

Source: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=122181

Conclusion:

Sana may RalliArt sa Pinas.
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    is it just me, or does the rear wheel well look smaller than the front?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Oo nga ano. Wala bang ibang anggulo to be sure?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Normally, yung overhang ng rear fender ay mas mahaba or should I say mas malapad compared sa front fender. This will give an illusion na mas maliit yung wheel well.

You can compare with the new Lancer photos previously posted on other threads. Kaya lang mas "defined" yung ilusion ng pagiging maliit yung rear wheel well ay dahil sa bigger diameter tires compared sa non Ralliart na New Lancer.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 3kster View Post
    Normally, yung overhang ng rear fender ay mas mahaba or should I say mas malapad compared sa front fender. This will give an illusion na mas maliit yung wheel well.

You can compare with the new Lancer photos previously posted on other threads. Kaya lang mas "defined" yung ilusion ng pagiging maliit yung rear wheel well ay dahil sa bigger diameter tires compared sa non Ralliart na New Lancer.
    I agree. And the rear wheel camber looks negative. hence, the illusion that the rear wheel is smaller than the front. BTW, may car manufacturer bang naglalagay ng smaller rear wheel sa street daily driven car in which they sell to the public? just curious...maybe mitsu will start the trend? :evillaugh

AWD, 220hp, 10-year warranty, better styling than WRX

the return of the DSM era, ***y-turbo-AWD.

more spy photos from jalopnik website
    http://jalopnik.com/cars/spy-photos/...art-283582.php

video from youtube
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=xtMdkAnHduA
    Last edited by Karding; August 23rd, 2007 at 01:04 AM. Reason: JALOPNIK PHOTOS

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bbt View Post
    is it just me, or does the rear wheel well look smaller than the front?
    kaya mukhang maliit ksi nka negative yung allignment sa likod same sa GERMAN CARS yung

pagiging stable nya sumtin like that ^_^

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding View Post
    the return of the DSM era, ***y-turbo-AWD.
    Mmm. I thought the same thing. Of course, DSM purists (like e-hem ) still prefer the lightweight, 2-door, 2+2 coupe concept instead of the sedan look. But, we'll see. This Lancer looks interesting.

The Rockies of Colorado and the Sierra Nevadas just north of Death Valley. Perfect places for driving cars like this.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 23rd, 2007 at 02:06 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    now im torn between the subie & mitsu

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    8-22-2007: I admired it then and still admire it now, even better in person

I havent seen the RalliArt version, but I see an EVO X where I work, that thing is beautiful. The owner allowed me sit on her EVO X. Wow, the Recaro seat offers so much support [for drivers 150lbs and below]. The Recaro is not height adjustable [sorry short people], steering-wheel only tilts, not telescoping. This is such a bad combo, non-telescopic adjustment and no seat height adjustment. STi has all the features I mentioned except that STi doesnt come with Recaro.

While talking to the owner, "she" complained about the flimsy cheap interior plastics. My FG Civic is much better by 10x on interior category. I guess Mitsu has to cut cost somewhere.

I wonder if RalliArt has a decent trunk size [pass-though perhaps?]. The EVO X does not have a decent trunk and no pass-through. Battery and windows washer fluid is tucked behind the rear seat.

-K

2009 Lancer RalliArt