New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    You can't really blame the Lancer from flopping. For one thing the dealers are so bad in marketing it and the way they are selling it is the main reason why it is failing. It's the market positioning that is the problem.

I for one would not go over 1m for a compact family sedan. 1.1-1.2m price tag for the high end models is just too much and there are a lot of CUVs at that range too which makes the case selling the Lancer very hard. The 900k low end seemed an oddball compared to 1.8 alternatives from Civic and the Altis that gives out better fuel efficiency.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    admittedly the new lancer is not selling well saw only 4 or 5 inmy city, im a lancer fan and my GLX 1.5 cyclone is still alive and kicking today..if i have extra money i wont hesitate to buy the new one...as another poster said its as close as i can get to driving an evo...

also its been so long since MMC churned out an exciting model, the last time i was excited with mitsu was with thier 99 galant...after that the models were uninteresting , well to me atleast.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    as many in this thread has already pointed out, it's the cheapest 2.0L in the market today, so that alone speaks a lot about the product. not to mention that its CBU from Japan. unfortunately though, there's not much buyer for the 2.0L class.

i still the the lancer ex gaining ground in the months to come, with fuel prices steadily going down (we just hope that they continue to do so). when and if the 1.6-1.8 version of the lancer ex comes in, then we're talking. until then, we don't expect too much sales for the 2.0L ex. but at least for those who have, you're lucky to be among the few!

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yung kapit bahay ko tinitingnan yung unit ko parang gusto daw niya bumili kaso nagaalangan kasi wala daw siyang nakikitang iba sa daan, yun unit ko lang daw yun nakikita palang daw niya Gusto ko sabihin tingnan yung presyo at yung features at dun ibase yung desisyon hindi yung dahil sa nakararami

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Yung kapit bahay ko tinitingnan yung unit ko parang gusto daw niya bumili kaso nagaalangan kasi wala daw siyang nakikitang iba sa daan, yun unit ko lang daw yun nakikita palang daw niya Gusto ko sabihin tingnan yung presyo at yung features at dun ibase yung desisyon hindi yung dahil sa nakararami
    hehehe, baka dahil ayaw maiba!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ugaling pinoy: joining in the bandwagon tsk.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Kahit naman sa election eh. Most filipinos are mindless conformists kaya pag naiiba ka, parang abno ang tingin sayo since tingin nila, kung ano yung popular, yun ang tama.

They just don't know you have a functional brain. hehehe.

>

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    as many in this thread has already pointed out, it's the cheapest 2.0L in the market today
    i beg to disagree...the cheapest 2.0 in the market today is the mazda 3 2.0 the price is 999k

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    ^Yung Lancer MX 920k lang 2.0,6speed AT with paddle shifts..cheaper than 2.0 civic,1.8 altis and also Mazda din pala

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i agree. you may see a couple of lancers on the road but it still has the best package. i'd buy one if a need to change my current car. great engine, suspension, sound system and a lot more!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Is the 2008 Lancer a market flop??