New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 81 of 241 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    9.2 km/l???

Honda Jazz namin before less than 10 km/l CDO to Malaybalay Bukidnon.
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hi guys, newbie here.

I'm planning on getting an SUV, went around with TG's Botchi Santos last week to narrow down my choices, pero hirap pa rin ako eh, hehehe. Top 2 choices ko kasi ay

1. Subaru Forester 2.5 / Mistubishi Outlander GLS Sport (tie sila, hehe)
    2. CRV 2.4

Gusto ko sana yung Forester kasi parang sedan yung drive, may WOW factor kasi Subaru, safe and maganda ang handling, and bihira mo makita sa kalsada. Kaso, medyo masikip yung rear seats, medyo dated na yung interior design, tapos may parating nang 2009 model.

Yung CRV naman, gusto ko lang kasi maganda yung interiors, mala-Civic ang ride, reliable ang service, at decent yung resale value for sure. Hindi ko lang talaga gusto yung itsura, kulang sa pagka-macho kahit isalpak yung mga Honda Accesories.

I'm leaning towards the Outlander kasi it has the right mix of what I like in the Forester (great acceleration, fun drive, safe, Japan made) and the CRV (modern interior, ride height). Baka kasi meron diyan sa inyo na makatulong sa'kin on choosing the best Mitsu dealer in Metro Manila. And if ever I do purchase an Outlander, baka matulungan niyo kong pumili ng best source for accessories at pinaka-ok na shop para maglagay ng leather seats.

Ano sa tingin niyo? Outlander na ba?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hello sir fras,

Welcome to tsikot.com

I agree on what you have said about the Forester. About safety, in Euro NCAP test ratings, I believe all CUV's got four stars.

There is a topic about "Where to get the best deal..." in the Strada Thread. You are always welcome to ask.
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    9.2 km/l???

Honda Jazz namin before less than 10 km/l CDO to Malaybalay Bukidnon.
    thanks to 100 kms/hr * 1.5k rpm courtesy of the 6speed a/t

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by fras View Post
    Hi guys, newbie here.

I'm planning on getting an SUV, went around with TG's Botchi Santos last week to narrow down my choices, pero hirap pa rin ako eh, hehehe. Top 2 choices ko kasi ay

1. Subaru Forester 2.5 / Mistubishi Outlander GLS Sport (tie sila, hehe)
    2. CRV 2.4

Gusto ko sana yung Forester kasi parang sedan yung drive, may WOW factor kasi Subaru, safe and maganda ang handling, and bihira mo makita sa kalsada. Kaso, medyo masikip yung rear seats, medyo dated na yung interior design, tapos may parating nang 2009 model.

Yung CRV naman, gusto ko lang kasi maganda yung interiors, mala-Civic ang ride, reliable ang service, at decent yung resale value for sure. Hindi ko lang talaga gusto yung itsura, kulang sa pagka-macho kahit isalpak yung mga Honda Accesories.

I'm leaning towards the Outlander kasi it has the right mix of what I like in the Forester (great acceleration, fun drive, safe, Japan made) and the CRV (modern interior, ride height). Baka kasi meron diyan sa inyo na makatulong sa'kin on choosing the best Mitsu dealer in Metro Manila. And if ever I do purchase an Outlander, baka matulungan niyo kong pumili ng best source for accessories at pinaka-ok na shop para maglagay ng leather seats.

Ano sa tingin niyo? Outlander na ba?
    bro leather seats dun kay Boy C ata, PM mo si boybi dun nya pinagawa pajero nya

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    thanks to 100 kms/hr * 1.5k rpm courtesy of the 6speed a/t
    Our Jazz is 7 speed... hehehe... : Laban ka? Mas tipid Outlander V6 mo compared sa Jazz on longer and hataw mode?. If I am keeping it under 2K... I can go as much as 19 km/l, that is grand ma driving mode.

*sir fras,
    Go for BoyC for the leather seats...
    Last edited by drey; January 22nd, 2008 at 08:43 PM.
    iam3739.com

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Our Jazz is 7 speed... hehehe... : Laban ka? Mas tipid Outlander V6 mo compared sa Jazz on longer and hataw mode?. If I am keeping it under 2K... I can go as much as 19 km/l, that is grand ma driving mode.

*sir fras,
    Go for BoyC for the leather seats...
    abay gamitin ko multicab namin, 600cc gas engine, m/t. laban ka? :rofl01:

anyway the fact that the 3.0 v6 outlander has much much better fuel consumption than my old gen1 crv is pretty amazing, dati pag byahe davao sa crv, paguwi dito umiilaw na ang low fuel warning light, pero sa outie still 170kms
    fuel range, pede pa bumalik uli one more trip :cool:

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fras View Post
    Hi guys, newbie here.

I'm planning on getting an SUV, went around with TG's Botchi Santos last week to...

*fras i had the same dilemma a year ago but i chose the outlander gls 3.0 for its unique looks; kasi ang tapang ng dating eh =) and trust me, if you rev the outlander to the limiter.. it makes quite a chilling sound that tells you the car has a different soul. something that's not from a turbo.. The outlander is currently at 5474kms and is quite nice in terms of quality.. ive had issues on the window tints.. the driver side is heavily scratched (parang kinayod ng pusa) mmc q.ave replaced the tint and adjusted the rubber window seals free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by schwartz View Post
    hey guys....
    owners of outie, just wana know ur top speed,3.0 & 2.4 variants, after d break-in period?

*schwartz *3.0GLS* yes, ive rammed the throttle on the first 1000 kms. and did a engine break-in.(on mineral 0-500km then on syntec oils 500-1000kms) i would go through each gear, holding each notch of the rpm (three to five range)for 30 seconds on the NLEX.. and repeated it until i reached san simon.. so far dumulas nman ung engine and mas smooth nman ung takbo.. top speed max that i reached on the nlex was 220km/h. all outlander engines are have break-in procedures before they leave the factory.

the car doesn't do the parang-mamatay-ka-na-slip when changing lanes at speed, when the awd is set to auto. and oh, did i mention, downshifting when overtaking is music to the ear. the car feels solid but if there's a strong cross-wind you'll feel the car buffeting against the wind.. pero forgive it, it's an suv..

* all the leather seat-cover questions : i had the leather seats made by equipt banawe near han pao resto (sarap). Denis (the owner) is a friend of ours. sabi nya i advertise ko daw at ipakita ko sa pictures. =) Equipt did a nice job on the seats. they're the ones supplying toyota and ford(?notsure) leather seats. Super sikip nung leather, a suzuki vitara salesman even asked me why the seats on the outlander gls had leather. sabi ko cover lang yan.. you'll have to see the sikip-ness to believe.. d cya umiinit kasi super dooper black ung tint ng outlander and light color ung leather.. the thingy for the neck on the driver side was bought at dutyfree..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hmm reminds me to bring up the tint scratch issue on my next visit to the casa

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    nice pix ryancochan..... how much does your leather seat cover cost you?

The 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander [ARCHIVED]