New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 70 of 241 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Has anyone gone to the dealers and let them do the TSB regearding throttle hesitation on the Outies? The dealers have to re-flash the ECM and TCM to correct the hesitation.

I really experience this in my Outie, just like having turbo lag in a non-turbo car (former Mitsu Eclipse owner here too). Don't get me wrong, I love my Outie but it is these little things that the dealers can do that will make our Outie driving experience trully worthwhile.

The build date of the first batch of Outies(including mine) released here in the Phil. is included in the TSB. I e-mailed Mitsu Phil. about this but up to now, no response whatsoever. I think all Outies worldwide with built dates before June 2007 is covered by this TSB. They all came and were programmed from one single Mitsu plant in Japan.

Will try to contact my dealer (Union Motors) and ask if they can already do the TSB.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by megatron View Post
    I went to the quezon ave showroom last saturday and saw the outlander 2.4. There are a few slight differences:

1. no audio in sockets (this one everyone knows by now)
    2. no side airbags daw (same thing here)
    3. different front grill - it is a honeycomb type now
    4. there is a new "tapal" (sorry I forgot the correct term for it) all around the vehicle covering the front fenders, doors and rear fenders. it is made of plastic, matte black in color. basically, it is to protect the lower half of the body from scratches. The agent said they were surprised that this was the first model that came out with that.

For me, it actually looks better now. It looks more rugged.
    Add ko narin po yung iba pang differences ng GLS (2.4) vs. GLS Sport (3.0):

-No curtain airbags (aside from no side AB)
    -Single-tipped muffler (dual for the GLS Sport)
    -No ASC (Active Stability Control)
    -No Sunglass holder (interior)
    -It's an INVECS-III CVT (INVECS-II for GLS Sport)
    -Front bumper garnish is 'dark gray' (silver for the GLS Sport)

Actually meron pang iba but slight differences nalang.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by clear View Post
    Does anyone know where they offer a test drive for the 2.4l? My brother and I are on the fence between this and the CRV2.4 but we can't find anywhere we can test drive the Outlander, kind of hard to make a major decision without even trying it out to see what it's like, right?
    You got PM bro!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ceepawn View Post
    Has anyone gone to the dealers and let them do the TSB regearding throttle hesitation on the Outies? The dealers have to re-flash the ECM and TCM to correct the hesitation.

I really experience this in my Outie, just like having turbo lag in a non-turbo car (former Mitsu Eclipse owner here too). Don't get me wrong, I love my Outie but it is these little things that the dealers can do that will make our Outie driving experience trully worthwhile.

The build date of the first batch of Outies(including mine) released here in the Phil. is included in the TSB. I e-mailed Mitsu Phil. about this but up to now, no response whatsoever. I think all Outies worldwide with built dates before June 2007 is covered by this TSB. They all came and were programmed from one single Mitsu plant in Japan.

Will try to contact my dealer (Union Motors) and ask if they can already do the TSB.

got an email response from mitsubishi motor phil when i told them that my unit is included in the tsb:

[SIZE=2]I will contact you as soon as we have the needed information from our Mother Company MMC-Japan. We made our initial inquiries already. We just need their confirmation on whether the scope is just within United States or Global. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Hoping for your kind consideration.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Thank you and best regards.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]ADRIAN A. MEDINA
    Service Technical & Training Group
    Customer Service Department
    Mitsubishi Motors Philippines Corporation
    Ortigas Extension, Cainta, Rizal
    Office Telephone No. (02) 658-0087/679-5233
    Office Fax No. (02)658-0098
    Cellular phone no. 0919-2757452[/SIZE]

earlier email from MMPC:
    [SIZE=2] Good Morning. Thank you very much for the information that you have shared to us. It made us aware of some posssibilities that might happen in the future. Although MMC-Japan has not sent any information to us about this, we are already making advance inquiries to them. We have seen one significant discovery. That is, based on the MMNA TSB you have sent, all afftected vehicles has the following (last eight) digits in the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):[/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    VIN Example: [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5]J M Y X L C W 6 W 7 [/SIZE][SIZE=5]Z[/SIZE][SIZE=5] 0 2 1 1 2 5[/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    (The 07 Outlander's VIN is located under the hood, on the engine's firewall)
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    LAST EIGHT (8) DIGITS:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]
    7 - 2007 : Production year[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]
    Z - Okazaki Plant : Production Plant in Japan
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]
    0 - Serial Numbers[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]
    1[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]
    1[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]
    2[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]
    5[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    Majority of the Outlanders being released by us, MMPC has the production plant code "U" or Mizushima plant. If you have this in your VIN, then your vehicle is not affected. For those VIN's which have the "Z" code, we have already requested information from MMC-Japan and are awaiting for their confirmation. Rest assured that if there would be necessary actions to be made by us, we would immediately inform our customers.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    Again thank you very much for your concern. We deeply appreciate it.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    Thank you for patronizing Mitsubishi and drive safely.[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i have the "U" in my VIN.. pero minsan i experience yung delay ng throttle ko...

PS. sorry i havent posted pics of my seats yet.. super busy sa work...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jazon View Post
    i have the "U" in my VIN.. pero minsan i experience yung delay ng throttle ko...

PS. sorry i havent posted pics of my seats yet.. super busy sa work...
    good for you jazon.
    anyway, i got an email today from mitsubishi explaining that all asia pacific unit are not covered by the tsb.

[SIZE=2]Dear Dr ,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Good Morning. I have good news for you. I have already received technical information from MMC-Japan about our concern on throttle hesitation of the Outlander. OUR VEHICLES (OUTLANDER) IN THE ASIA PACIFIC REGION IS NOT AFFECTED BY THE SUBJECTED ISSUE ON ECU REPROGRAMMING. The only affected units are those belonging to California and the other 50 U.S. states for the reason that all their vehicles (including outlander) have been required by the California Regulation (CA) and US Federal Regulation (FED) to comply to stricter emission laws. As a result, the outlanders there have been designed to have four (4) catalytic converters with five (5) oxygen sensors. This design would result to throttle hesitation if the Engine-ECU is not programmed to adopt to such changes. Original designs of Outlanders like ours have only two (2) Catalytic Converters with two (2) oxygen sensors.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The TSB that we have seen from MMNA (Mitsubishi Motors North America) is only applicable to US states. Eventhough our Outlanders and theirs came from the same source (Mazushima or Okazaki), we guarantee that our units here are free from such problem since design is based from the original standard set-up, meeting EURO Step 2 emission regulation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]With the above information, I hope that everything is clarified.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Thank you very much for your support and for patronizing Mitsubishi.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Sincerely,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]ADRIAN A. MEDINA
    Service Technical & Training Group
    Customer Service Department
    Mitsubishi Motors Philippines Corporation
    Ortigas Extension, Cainta, Rizal
    Office Telephone No. (02) 658-0087/679-5233
    Office Fax No. (02)658-0098
    Cellular phone no. 0919-2757452[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hmm my outlander has the Z in the chassis number, so from Okazaki plant pala..

pero since from the email above, di na ata kasama lahat ng outlander dito sa pinas

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    BB me negative ba pag me lag yung throttle response or magkakaproblema in the future medyo napansin ko nga yung saken me lag ng konti and anu kaya mga dissadvantage?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hmm wala naman akong napapansin na delay sa throttle...parang once lang ata pero di ko maremember if delay yun or something..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Uy may Outlander 2.4L na pala. Magkano kaya?

Ba't yung 2.4L Invecs III while yung 3.0L Invecs II?

The 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander [ARCHIVED]