New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 28 of 241 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    official price na ba yun 1.6M? I overheard a dealer and a customer that the unit on display at the MIAS was 1.4M ...

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    ^ 1.4M for the low end variant ata.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Just had the pleasure of driving the new outlander from gas station to the dealership nga lang and let me tell you guys - this compact suv is simply amaZING- with great emphasis on the zing. Power is nothing i have ever experienced in the suv market. In fact, i think this thing can outrun 90% of the vehicles currently being offered locally. I have not used paddle shifters before but operation is intuitive and shifting results in instant gear changes. Ride is a little more firm than the ride of our grandis but overall is comfortably firm even with the 18 in. wheels. Brakes are excellent also. Not much of an audiophile but i know bass when i hear - rather feel it.

If you guys are looking for something in this segment (cr-v,rav,xtrail,etc.) or maybe even the bigger boys (fort, sta. fe, alterra,etc.) seriously consider the outlander - better yet try to test drive this fun utility vehicle.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    fuel consumption of this, in km/L City drving and highways............/????

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boosted View Post
    Just had the pleasure of driving the new outlander from gas station to the dealership nga lang and let me tell you guys - this compact suv is simply amaZING- with great emphasis on the zing. Power is nothing i have ever experienced in the suv market. In fact, i think this thing can outrun 90% of the vehicles currently being offered locally. I have not used paddle shifters before but operation is intuitive and shifting results in instant gear changes. Ride is a little more firm than the ride of our grandis but overall is comfortably firm even with the 18 in. wheels. Brakes are excellent also. Not much of an audiophile but i know bass when i hear - rather feel it.

If you guys are looking for something in this segment (cr-v,rav,xtrail,etc.) or maybe even the bigger boys (fort, sta. fe, alterra,etc.) seriously consider the outlander - better yet try to test drive this fun utility vehicle.
    Hehe, like what I said before, take it for a ride and it will leave a big on your face It's simply awesome

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post

masyado mayabang ang Mitsu for overpricing this vehicle. probably bec. konti lang ang stock nila (as law of supply/demand dictates). unlike the ever popular CRV na assembled locally.
    You do know that this vehicle is a Japan-made CBU, do you?

As for overpricing, I don't think so. With a 3.0 V6 MIVEC engine (an all-new 6B31 unit), seletable AWD, CVT auto transmission with 6-speed manual mode (gear and via paddle shifts), HID Xenon headlamps as standard on both variants, this vehicle is FAR from failure.

Heck, at 1.4M (GLS) and at 1.6M (GLS SPORT), it beats the new RAV 4 which is also Japan-made CBU. The only reason it would remain strong is because its a Toyota but in terms of specs and the overall package, lamang na ang Outlander 3.0 V6.

The CR-V (the new one) doesn't seem to be nice at all (except maybe for the 2-liter 4x2 variant). I mean the ugly front, the noisy and fuel-gulping K24A engine (sa 4x4 variant), an auto tranny that DOESN'T EVEN HAVE MANUAL MODE (you'd choose the M/T variant instead), no LED tail lights and no HID Xenon headlamps for the 2.0 variants (yet a 2.0 Civic has these as standard )

Especially the old and wretched K24A engine (you'd rather go for the R20 engine ng 2.0 variant) is noisy and vibrates too much (because it's old tech). Other than that, what else do the new CR-V have to offer (aside from interior being its strong point?). Only the extremist groups of Honda fanboys would think that their newly-beloved CR-V is better than the Outlander. They think the reason that it is better is because it is cheap in price.

Yes cheap it is because it is CHEAPO vehicle

pero bakit naman ang Hyundai wala naman planta dito, pero they still manage to compete sa prices?
    Korean-made CBU vehicles do not suffer from added taxes/duties....yet unlike those that are being levied on Japan-made products. Plus, the JPEPA agreement is not yet signed into law (so no discounts yet for Japan-made CBUs). That's where they get an advantage in the RP market.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Ganito lang yan...

Pag bumili ka ng CRV 07, pag nakakita ka ng Outlander 07... para kang manghihinayang at ipukpok ang ulo hindi pa Outlander ang binili mo...

Pag Outlander 07 ang binili mo at nakakita ka ng CRV 07 sa daan... you will definitely feel proud that you made the right choice...

Bakit ganun? You buy the CRV as dictated by your brain (practicality), you buy the Outlander as dictated by your heart (driving passion)...

That's how I feel about the 2 products but CRV marginally wins because of the spare tire location... other than that... Outlander talaga astig!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There is really no question that Honda will sell more CR-V's than Mitsu can sell Outlanders. Heck, even one of the docs at the hospital has decided on buying a CR-V even without seeing a unit up close or test driving it.

But not being the number 1 seller does not mean the product is bad. Maybe the focus of the product is indeed narrower.

Conversely, being number 1 in sales does not mean the product is excellent. Madaming bumibili ng sasakyan without even giving it much thought. They just put blind faith on the badge.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    But not being the number 1 seller does not mean the product is bad. Maybe the focus of the product is indeed narrower.

Conversely, being number 1 in sales does not mean the product is excellent. Madaming bumibili ng sasakyan without even giving it much thought. They just put blind faith on the badge.
    AMEN!

If I only knew that the Outlander would be this cheap (for a 3.0L), I would have waited. But I thought that the price will be at least P2M so I got the GV instead. Oh well, what's done has been done and I'm not entirely disappointed with the GV Sayang lang at mas malaki yung cargo space ng Outlander.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    2007 Mitsubishi Outlander -- front (like a whale) , (rear like indian)
    -- common na yung exterior design ng outlander

Kung yung sa 07 CRV ay parang nakangiti, etong sa outlander nakasibangot...

sayang di ilalabas dito sa tin yung suzuki xl7, the perfect one.................

The 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander [ARCHIVED]