The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 241 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    How's the interior fit & finish?

Predominantly hard plastic ba?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    stradang-strada ang harapan. ewan ko lang pero parang mas ok pa Fortuner dito. the front headlights ang grille design are so like last month's trend hehehe

same reason why not too many Stradas are on the road, kakasawa harapan

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Yup, I remember the dash had mainly plastic with no wood panels.

Malakas pa ren pala Fortuner? I thought mahina na sya cuz last time I saw a Toyota price list, they were offering discounts already.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    think some of you guys are missing the point here. I think that no matter how you put it, the outlander offers the biggest bang for the buck in the compact suv market in terms of performance and features. imagine getting a 3.0 v6 mivec engine mated to a 6speed a/t, selectable 4wd, 18 in mags, dual airbags, abs/ebd, clamshell type rear tailgate(it has a useable tailgate) traction control( top of the line variant), paddle shifters (top of the line), side curtain airbags(top of the line), 650 watt rockford fosgate sound system with sub(top of the line).

now try caomparing that to the rav4, new crv, xtrail, fortuner(though not necessarly the same segment), etc. on a feature per feature basis then its easy to make a decision - and that's without even test driving these CUVs

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Well said mate!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boosted View Post
    think some of you guys are missing the point here. I think that no matter how you put it, the outlander offers the biggest bang for the buck in the compact suv market in terms of performance and features. imagine getting a 3.0 v6 mivec engine mated to a 6speed a/t, selectable 4wd, 18 in mags, dual airbags, abs/ebd, clamshell type rear tailgate(it has a useable tailgate) traction control( top of the line variant), paddle shifters (top of the line), side curtain airbags(top of the line), 650 watt rockford fosgate sound system with sub(top of the line).

now try caomparing that to the rav4, new crv, xtrail, fortuner(though not necessarly the same segment), etc. on a feature per feature basis then its easy to make a decision - and that's without even test driving these CUVs
    Amen to that.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    3.0 V6 lakas lumamon ng gas nyan. we had a hard time selling our 3.0 V6 chevy venture last year bec. of these specs. malamang ko mag-aaverage lang ng 4-5km/liter yan

kaya nga its imperative that Mitsu release the CRDi version of this vehicle para lalo ma-enjoy ilabas, kungdi lagi lang nasa garahe 'to tulad ng Ford Explorer namin hehehe

puwede naman eh, yun strada naman na released dito CRDi.

yun upcoming CRV ok lang, may 2.0 daw eh. and may aero-dynamic tignan kaysa dito.

V6 engines cannot really be maximized even in a big island like Luzon where there are only two known expressways.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boosted View Post
    think some of you guys are missing the point here. I think that no matter how you put it, the outlander offers the biggest bang for the buck in the compact suv market in terms of performance and features.
    Yup, that's very true! Unfortunately, Mitsubishi hasn't been up there in the last few years due of so-so models (Galant, Lancer, old Outlander, etc). Filipino buyers might be hesitant to buy another Mitsubishi.

But of course it would be nice if buyers warm up to the new Outlander so the Toyota/Honda dominance can be dented a bit hehe!

Personally, I would seriously consider getting one if I was in the market for a small SUV.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i would not compare the primitive chevy venture v6 with this high tech mivec v6 - this engine has variable cam lobes offering low, med, and high speed cam profiles based on the rpm - similar to the vtec system of honda.

on another note smaller engine displacement and fewer cylinders does not automatically equate to better gas mileage. if an engine has to be worked harder (higher rpms) to achieve the desired acceleration then that would mean poorer gas mileage as compared to a very efficient bigger engine that is run in a more relaxed manner. Especially if the latter has a six speed tranny that offers better gear matching to the engine.

Anyway, i guess the only real way to prove this is through an actual test which i'm sure is in the works already (just hope it's an objective test). But I would like to offer an analogy if you were given a choice between a 1.8 civic and a 2.0 civic for approximately the same price then what would you choose? now if you were to choose between a 3.0 V6 and a 2.0 inline four for your CUV for approximately the same price then what would choose???

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Kung gusto nyo nang CRDi eh yung SUV na based sa Strada ang hintayin nyo which will be launched at the end of the year sa Thailand..

Anyway ok ang specs ng GLS Sport new Outlander,imagine 3 liter V6 at almost fully loaded na!!!

The 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander [ARCHIVED]