New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    33km mileage, A/T

for the price of 480k, is this a good buy?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    480 is pretty low, already, for a one-year old car.

But if you're asking if it's a good car... mhhh.... 50:50... I think the 2006 Lancer MX 1.8 CVT was a more complete package. The 4AT in the 2.0 GT just makes it dog-slow.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

But if you're asking if it's a good car... mhhh.... 50:50... I think the 2006 Lancer MX 1.8 CVT was a more complete package. The 4AT in the 2.0 GT just makes it dog-slow.
    yup- the 2005-6 1.8 Lancer MX Limited CVT was a good model- and responsive too! it even came with a pioneer dvd head unit with a motorized LCD screen! It is a rare find on the road as MMPC just sold a handful. this model could have been launched at the same time when this generation first saw the light of day in January 2003 with all the other 1.6 equipped models. haiz...

other than that, i agree with niky. in addition to that, check for any collision marks and any other past issues with this car. It maybe worth considering should you find it to be a clean car as its engine- the 2.0 4G63 is legendary despite the 4 speed A/T!
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; October 31st, 2008 at 03:10 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It is low and I am wondering why is it that low. Did the car get flooded or something equally bad to make the owner reduce his selling price?

:question:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Maybe it's because it's the outgoing model, drinks gas like a 3.0 and accelerates like a 1.5? Still, it's a nice car... great interior, nice stereo, beautiful Momo steering wheel, supple ride, good handling... but the performance is disappointing compared to the 1.8 CVT. (the one that won its class at P-COTY a few years ago, I believe).

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    hi all, thanks for the reply. will the price alone justify getting the car? am looking at a daily driver and not so much on spirited driving.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends on whether you like the car or not, and whether you feel like putting up with larger gas bills than you would have if you went for a 1.6 or 1.8 liter car. The fuel economy for the acceleration it gives just ain't worth it. Otherwise, the GT package is very nice... and I would recommend it for the great seats and stylish interior.

2007 Lancer GT