New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    According to reviews of the 1.8MX and comments from COTY judges, the Lancer is kind of sprightly and sort of fun to drive.

The Lancer 2.0 GT could compare to the Focus in terms of driving fun, I guess, but it'd take a back-to-back drive to find out. Heck, back-to-back-to-back-to-back with the Focus, Mazda3 and Civic would be swell... I'll bring the RS for comparison... game?
    A coworker has a Lancer Ralliart. Just looking at the specs, it's no slouch having a 0-60mph of 7.5 sec. Against a new Focus, I wouldn't know since we don't have the new ones here yet. But, looking how high that Ralliart Lancer sits, it may have a hard time in the twisties against something like a Focus SVT. I've seen a Focus SVT literally turn on itself with the help of a little drift and an expert driver behind the wheel.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, against the first gen Focus, it's probably no contest, the Lancer will lose. The older Focus is supposedly the best handling front wheel drive car ever in European turbo RS form... a claim we're not going to be able to confirm unless we can get our hands on one.

But don't underestimate the value of weight. The Mk II Focus is kinda heavy by comparison to the Lancer. Having driven the Mk II Focus, I can vouch for the handling, but the weight really is noticeable in transitions. In fact, that's the major complaint against the new Focus ST (turbo). You're going to have fun in a new Focus, for sure, but it'll understeer more, and feel heavy when pushed to the outright limit.

If you want sharp handling, the Mazda3 is a better bet, as it has around a hundred pounds less insulation, and here's to hoping the Mazdaspeed 2.3T will be lighter than the ST, too.

In the end, though... the Mazda3/Focus would probably outhandle a Ralliart given the same rubber and tire size, but they're heavy, and they feel like it.

Heck, even my Protege feels heavy in comparison to my last "toy" car (which weighed in at under 1 ton, and that's about 200 pounds lighter than the Focus.

That's why I like small-engined, light cars, they're great for carving up mountainsides because there's less inertia / understeer. And the extra ride height will be countered by the lower weight, and it'll probably make the ride better as you'd need less aggressive tuning to keep the car from bottoming out.

*finchy18: hehe... sana nga... if the name weren't taken already. Fifth Gear kaya? Pero di naman ako telegenic.

Di naman ako knowledgeable about cars in general... I just know a lot about driving irresponsibly and the cars you can do it in.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    May GSR ulit for sure manual verison lang yan ng GT 2.0 or 2.4 MIVEC pero malabo ang MIVEC dito dahil may 2006 Lancers na sa showrooms(GL na wala nang airbag at MX at GT 2.0),yung front at rear bumper lang ang nagbago na parehas nung sa GT pero walang sideskirts(yung grille katulad nang sa GT naextend yung length dahil sa new bumpers)

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    pics anyone?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger
    pics anyone?
    Manila Auto Show pics

Last edited by carlocaraddict; June 15th, 2006 at 10:57 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jazon
    my local mitsu dealer told me that there is going to be a lancer gsr 2007...

brochures coming out next week
    63T narin bro? ...wow, less 2 doors + lightweight = mas mabilis!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sana ginawa man lang nilang CVT tranny yang 2.0 Lancer GT

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rayban7g
    63T narin bro? ...wow, less 2 doors + lightweight = mas mabilis!
    Too bad Mitsubishi no longer makes 2-door Lancers...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi
    sana ginawa man lang nilang CVT tranny yang 2.0 Lancer GT
    I think the current INVECS III CVT in the Lancer wasn't designed for a 2.0 liter engine. Most if not all the CVT INVECS III equipped Lancers have engines smaller than 2.0 liters.

Mitsubishi has a new CVT in the all-new Outlander 2.4 MIVEC, I guess this means they now have a new CVT for the larger engined Mitsubishis.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yep, GSR moniker doesnt guarantee two doors...

box type GSRs during the time Mitsu doesnt have 2door Lancers is, of course, a 4door sedan.

i just hope of a GDI or MIVEC engine for that rumored GSR.

the USDM extended bumpers are FUGLY!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2006 LANCER GT 2.0 Thread