New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by voltes_V
    My family and I have been here(canada) for 2 years now. We just went home for a vacation last year for about a month. Then when we came back here, I traded my '03 civic with a '04 CRV. Its no audi TT but it gets me here and there and through the snow with its RT4WD.

Going back to the topic. The pictures really dont do any justice. You guys should see the commercial they have here for the eclipse. It looks very nice.
    OT: I think the CRV and the RAV4 are the perfect cars for small families in Canada - with all the rain and snow, they're practically good all year round. BTW, which province are you?

On topic: Too bad, Canadians aren't Mitsubishi fans - it would be very bad if Mits retreats from Canada again.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    On topic: Too bad, Canadians aren't Mitsubishi fans - it would be very bad if Mits retreats from Canada again.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah!!!Whats up with that? They just opened the very first dealership here in Winnipeg, Manitoba only last year I think. All the other Asian cars were already well established here way before....Even the Hyundai and kia cars are selling like hot cakes now.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    airshaq, no worries. were cool dude.

Okay BTTT. I thought the Gen3 Eclipse kinda deviated from the Eclipse's original mission. For me, it was a Marketing driven design. But this baby....whooah!!!

I know Mistubishi's rep has plummeted as of late, but this eclipse can help bring back the glory days (so to speak).
    Last edited by pajerokid; June 17th, 2005 at 03:10 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by voltes_V
    On topic: Too bad, Canadians aren't Mitsubishi fans - it would be very bad if Mits retreats from Canada again.
    Yeah!!!Whats up with that? They just opened the very first dealership here in Winnipeg, Manitoba only last year I think. All the other Asian cars were already well established here way before....Even the Hyundai and kia cars are selling like hot cakes now.[/QUOTE]

I guess when they hear the word "miht-zuh-bih-shih", they find it weird sounding - much like some exchange student from korea/japan/vietnam trying to speak english but you know how Canadians are, they are stereotypes especially to anything or anybody foreign - they act and feel like they are the best race and they got the best country in the world (at least in BC, not sure in your area). I shouldn't say this coz im part Canadian but they truly are.

As for Mitsubishi, they just came back there about 2 years ago after retreating from Canadian market years back. Mitsubishi thought it would be a good comeback for them after the two Fast&Furious movies but they were all not impressed with the 3rd Gen Eclipse, and those who were looking at the Evo went with the STi since Subaru has a good reputation in Canada. Galant was overshadowed by the Accord/Altima/Camry, and never seen a Mits SUV driving around. Time will tell and they'll be gone pretty soon.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    drool!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
2006 Eclipse