Good Day mga Sir/Madame!

Just a newbie here. Just got my 1996 local Pajero last year. Just wanna ask kung ano ang possible problem ng Parejo kasi recently, almost every morning when i use it i could hear a very distracting noise sounding like metal to metal grinding after a few minutes of driving, at the same time the blinking 2H indicator lamp on the panel just stop. But when i shift it to 4H, the sound goes away and when i shifted it back of 2H the indicator lamp starts to blink normally. I did already checked it's transmission gear oil and it's pretty full. And also our mechanic fix what he called "double engage" of the 4WD transmission. But, nonetheless it doesn't solve the problem.

And just 2 weeks ago, my fuel gauge seems to be malfunctioning so i had it checked with our mechanic. Sabi niya yung float ng fuel gastado na( orig pa kasi ). So we had it replaced with a replacement fuel float kasi wala na ako makita na original float for Pajero. Seemed to be ok naman siya, fuel gauge reading looks pretty accurate naman. But the problem is yung light ng Fuel warning on the panel nakailaw naman pero parang not fully lighted siya. Sa araw di mo siya mapapansin na nakailaw, sa gabi lang kasi madilim ang interior.

Mga Sir at Madame, i really need help to solve this problem with my Pajero. What would be the possible causes for these. Thanks po in advance. And more power sa lahat ng mga Tsikoteers!!!