New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Greetings,

It took me some time to figure out what my truck is called elsewhere. I have been in search for some time a brush guard to protect the front bumper of my truck. I see them on Toyota's but I am unable to find anything here in the United States for it.
    I have tried to go thru the Mitsubishi Dealership, Larry Miller Subaru/Mitsubishi but alot of parts for it have become discontinued here. I can still get things like a new 3.0 V6 for it but things like replacement bench seat parts are unable.
    Also not able to find accessories to add to its look.
    I bought the truck new off the showroom floor in 1995 as it was the last one the dealership had in Salt Lake City, Utah. It had 55miles on the Odometer when I drove it off the lot. As of now it has 128,000 miles on it now.
    Here is a picture of that truck as of a couple of years ago.

As you can see there is no brush guard for the front bummer and I would like to find other accessories for it. If anyone can direct me in the right direction to get them it would be a big help.
    Please help, I enjoy the fact that I drive a truck that I can go for months here in Boise, Idaho without ever seeing another one for days.
    The Dealership says I am the only one in Boise who still brings their truck in for Lube,oil, filter changes every 3,000 miles.
    I don't mind purchasing and have things shipped overseas. Give me reason to show up the older toyotas,
    In fact it gets called a toyota alot because of what I have added to it now..lol.
    Any information can be emailed to me at Xtremepayne*cableone.net
    Thanks for reading my thread

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Check these sites as I know they still sell armor for your model truck.

http://www.arbusa.com/
    http://www.arb.com.au/
    http://www.tjm.com.au/

For ARB contact their US office and they should be able to get thebumper for you since other parts of the world still use your model truck. Check the Australia site if it's in their catalog. Otherwise you can go to a local 4x4 fab shop and have one made since the bull bar is just bolted to the frame horns.

BTW nice Mighty Max, probably the best I've seen still around in the US.
    Last edited by redorange; June 16th, 2008 at 08:12 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    *Xtremepayne, hi there...

i checked on our local and thai sites of carryboy and campershell and so far, there is not that much accessories for the 1st Generation Strada/Mighty Max... especially on the side of brush/bull bars...

I did recall having a brochure of the Mighty Max in the past-especially the 1995 model year- with one variant available- if i had the '94 or '93 model years, then i would see the other variants that could have the Mega-Cab and the 3.0 V6 choices. I think Mitsubishi was in the stage of depletion for the Montero Sport back then.

i also like your truck! i occasionally drive a 1994 Strada dual cab 4x4 model with a turbo diesel engine with a 5speed manual tranny.

as of now, i'm sure that redorange's suggestions would be just be just fine. but i'm sure other tsikoteers would shed light on what they can find out just for you. thank u very much.

1994 4x4 Mighty Max(Strada) Need information USA