New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Take a look on its bore and stroke. The stroke is 90.0mm. Longer than the stroke of other 1.6 here like fiesta, altis, accent. Meaning it has lots of torque to give for it to be able to carry its heavy body. Even if it's just 117 ps, i think the torque is good enough to zip around the metro.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Pero sayang din if they'll phase out the 2.0L variants sans the GTA. Marami pa naman siguro magiging interested dun, especially sa GLS.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Pero sayang din if they'll phase out the 2.0L variants sans the GTA. Marami pa naman siguro magiging interested dun, especially sa GLS.
    At sa GLX. m/t enthusiasts who wants a 2.0 engine with a manual tranny.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The old Civic 1.6 actually has significantly more power at 130ps and with lesser weight. I am wondering if this will be underpowered, especially with the 4AT. Even the Altis makes more power nowadays. Just curious though. Many other markets, Asian ones included have the 140hp 1.8L 4B10 engine for their base spec Lancer. Why don't we have it?
    GTi, alam mo iho, ang Honda naman talaga matataas ang HP.

Pero sa torque medyo dehado sila.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post

Tama. High revving engines ang mga honda. Bigger bore, shorter stroke. They usually gain power on high rpm. Pero for me mas kailangan ang torque especially sa speeds below 80kph at city driving lang. Mas fuel efficient at mas madaling iarangkada.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post

Oo malamang alam. Meron naman kasi nagkumpara nito sa ES Civic. I was wondering if it might have a similar effect as the 1.6L Mazda 3. Yung peak torque niyan nasa 4000rpm din pero alam naman nating mabagal yan at malakas sa gas.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Test drive mo paglabas para malaman mo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123