New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    *foresterx
    Nice additions to your collection. Are you prepping for an unlikely zombie outbreak or the much anticipated chinese invasion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    not really preparing for any invasion. just a hobby of mine that also made me prepared for an invasion.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Now the US government is joining into this zombie trend and even providing some survival tips

Seriously? Government warns citizens of 'zombie apocalypse' to urge better emergency plans
    By Alicia A. Caldwell, The Associated Press

WASHINGTON - "The zombies are coming!" the Homeland Security Department says.

Tongue firmly in cheek, the government urged citizens Thursday to prepare for a zombie apocalypse, part of a public health campaign to encourage better preparation for genuine disasters and emergencies. The theory: If you're prepared for a zombie attack, the same preparations will help during a hurricane, pandemic, earthquake or terrorist attack.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency hosted an online seminar for its Citizen Corps organization to help emergency planners better prepare their communities for disaster. The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention last year first launched a zombie apocalypse social media campaign for the same purposes.

Emergency planners were encouraged to use the threat of zombies — the flesh-hungry, walking dead — to encourage citizens to prepare for disasters. Organizers also noted the relative proximity to Halloween.

Among the government's recommendations were having an emergency evacuation plan and a change of clothes, plus keeping on hand fresh water, extra medications and emergency flashlights.

A few of the government's suggestions tracked closely with some of the 33 rules for dealing with zombies popularized in the 2009 movie "Zombieland," which included "always carry a change of underwear" and "when in doubt, know your way out."

___

Online:

Centres for Disease Control and Prevention: CDC - Blogs - Public Health Matters Blog – Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse

FEMA: Plan, Prepare & Mitigate | FEMA.gov

Source link:
    Seriously? Government warns citizens of 'zombie apocalypse' to urge better emergency plans - Yahoo! News

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I wonder if anyone has tried froglube
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    I wonder if anyone has tried froglube
    I have heard nothing but good things about froglube. Online reviews mentioned that it smells like mint, biodegradable, and easy application but a bit costly. In fact, I was also eyeing one for myself except I already overbought CLP (breakfree). I will get one only if I get a good deal in price.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    Speaking of Magpul...

Put a CTR stock together with TWS' dogleg rail and fore end in a Vepr and you have yourself the ultimate mid-range AK

TSD COMBAT SYSTEMS VEPR 7.62x39 CQB RIFLE - TIER 1

But... in terms of control and weight, Travis Haley's AK-74 (custom built by Rifle Dynamic's Jim Fuller) is full of win

Sir, me idea ka ba kung saan ako makaka acquire this exact rifle dito sa manila? maski na walang optics thanks in advance

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjock View Post
    Sir, me idea ka ba kung saan ako makaka acquire this exact rifle dito sa manila? maski na walang optics thanks in advance
    hindi available yan bro sa pinas. ang available lang sa atin na ak eh yung mga chinese ak's which cost around 50-60k yon nga lang good luck sa ammo. the best thing you can do is buy the chinese ak then buy aftermarket parts to make it look exactly like that.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Norinco AK's (MAK-90) aren't bad. Most of which are superior to east european AK's because of the thicker receiver.

If you do buy one, it would be a good idea to have a copy of "AGI - Building the AK Rifle" DVD or Jim Fuller's AK Armorer's Bench. Have several sheets of sandpaper and smooth out the burrs and action. It's a slow and tedious process but rewarding once you get 1.5-2 MOA groups.

If you get the sporterized version, consider getting aftermarket stock and grip. If you like ergonomics, there's one from FAB defense but if you like something simple, there's also US palm.

Might as well change the foregrips to FAB defense polymer with picatinny rails for less weight. You can also use the Ultimak AK rail. Remove the front sight post and gas block. Replace them with either the Bolton Gas Block from Rifle Dynamics or Krebs Custom Front sight gas block. Doing so will cut at least 1 pound of weight in the front.

For the muzzle, if you want less felt recoil and muzzle climb, there's the AK Battlecomp and Primary arms FSC47.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I like AK but I haven't convinced myself to own one yet. I already have an M4 that serves as my sporting rifle and MBR. But the AK simply looks bad ass.

If I buy an AK, that means I will have to add another caliber to my roster which at this point I am trying to simplify. I have already invested thousands of rounds of my existing calibers (pistols, rifle and shotgun). Mixing an AK round to my current arsenal will just add to confusion when an actual SHTF/WROL breaks out I also don't want a caliber converted frankenrifle. No confidence in using one.

The only justification I have to get an AK is affordability.
    If I have to choose between the two, what would be best - Izhmash AK-47(Romanian) or Century Arms AK-74 (Bulgarian)?

What would the advantages between those two as far as: customization, ammo/parts availability and ammo price?

Will an AK be a good sporting rifle as opposed to an M4? I know training will solve that but what's your take?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    If you're concerned about the price of rounds, get the AK-74. Surplus 5.45x39 sells at $164.95 for 1080 rounds.

5.45x39 does have lower penetration but much larger cavitation and better tumbling performance than the 5.56.

There are *some* problems with century arms AKs in finish and quality(barrel alignment, trunnion alignment, sight alignment). Arsenal AKs tend to be the best out there although you have to pay extra. You may need a some sand paper though if you're obsessed with smoothness. Then slap it with Lithium Grease.

If you want a 5.56 AK, you can get the polish Archer(Beryl).

If you really want 7.62x39, it tends to shine when penetration is needed and you're preparing to fight in woodlands with heavy vegetation(Vietnam like). 5.56 and 5.45 tend to be deflect by leaves and wood. 7.62x39 AKs tend to have more variety in accessories(magazine & muzzle device).

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thank you sir foresterx and safeorigin kala ko meron talaga ng makukunan ng actual unit. Dami pa palang gagawin to look like that. Salamat po ulit.

Zombie outbreak