New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Naging responsible parenthood na

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't care, I will continue to give all the comfort in life.

Them learning household chores would make them successful in life? I don't think so

Really? If war breakouts now or famine or other unforeseen events them learning those menial chores would be able to save their asses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    make them go practice sa shooting range

make them learn MMA

mas helpful survival skills pa yan

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I guess household chores is one of the many ways a child is taught the value of discipline and responsibility.

I have an officemate before that had a problem with authority. Never kasi nauutusan. May cousin din ako na ganyan, sa sobrang sheltered and spoiled, walang authority figure, kahit parents niya hindi siya ma control, ayaw mag work

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    the boy/girl scouts are taught good values in life.
    Boy Scout Oath, Law and Motto
    Yeah, Jojo Binay is a boy scout and he has very good values. Values that were taught to his children that's why they will be like him.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    with all of life's failures and successes, we still need people who failed, these are the people we hire as drivers, maids, gardeners, janitors and yaya. not everybody can be successful. somebody has to do the menial jobs
    Wow, naging driver, maid, janitor lang e failure na?
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i once read a thread about a new college grad who is starting to work that didnt know basic things in life, kakalipat lang nya ang dorm and created a thread asking people how to use a washing machine. ang ginagawa nya eh inuuwi sa kanila yung mga maruming damit at kumukuha ng bago.

medyo gulat lang ako nung nabasa ko iyon, i came from a poor family kaya alam ko basic things in life.

but i admit i might be doing the same to my kids, hatid sundo ng school bus/kotse ang mga anak ko, pupunta sa mall nakakotse. bisita sa kamag-anak kotse. im afraid im not teaching them basic street skills. at their age dati marunong na kong sumakay ng jeep, marunong na kong tumawid. nakakapunta ako sa malayong lugar na akong magisa. now im not sure if my kids can reach home kung maiwan sila sa mall na nagiisa.

i think the problem here is the lack of opportunity to teach them. both parents busy with their work, tapos laging may machine or katulong na sasalo sa mga gawain.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Originally Posted by jick.cejoco
    with all of life's failures and successes, we still need people who failed, these are the people we hire as drivers, maids, gardeners, janitors and yaya. not everybody can be successful. somebody has to do the menial jobs
    talk about values

here's this guy telling us about values and he calls low income people failures. people who try to make an honest living

so money is THE gauge

if low income people are failures then drug lords and wealthy corrupt politicians are successful right?
    Last edited by uls; May 28th, 2013 at 11:48 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    rich countries hire people from poor countries to do work their citizens won't do coz the jobs are too dangerous or menial or degrading

can we call those who accept those jobs failures?

we call them OFWs and they've kept the Phil. economy alive for the past decades

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I agree with others na wala sa chores and scout training would define discipline. Also no one has the right to say how to bring up their children. pampered or strict, kanya kanyang style.

With survival and other things, people will learn how to do things if they have to. well that's just my opinion.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast