Originally posted by Monseratto
Sometime extreme methods are required in extreme circumstances. Only did the Palestinian cause came into the world stage when Arafat PLO hijacked and attacked Jewish interest. Remember it is the Palestinians who are suffering the most, not the Jews.
am i reading your words right? are you rationalizing terrorism as "extreme measures in extreme circumstances"? if so, what do you think about september 11? is it justifiable so that osama bin laden can bring world attention to his cause?

let's keep going - what about abu sayyaf bombing malls in manila, etc?

let me say that one of my best friends is a palestinian refugee who fled the west bank to lebanon, and fled again to the US. through him i have gained a lot of knowledge and sympathy about the Palestinians' plight.

guerrilla tactics against military or government targets might be justifiable. bombs in crowded civilian marketplaces and on children's school buses is simply barbaric and despicable. i don't care how just your cause is. like any decent human being, my friend condemns this.

actually, imo his way - intelligent conversation and facts - is a much better way than Arafat's (or Hamas's). he certainly convinced me to support a free Palestine...and he didn't even have to blow up any 6-year old children in the process.