New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IceColdBeer,

I commend you. At least you know what a grave responsibility possessing a firearm is. Your introspection, your willingness to assess your own ability to carry a gun prudently is actually a good sign and reflects highly of your character.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Betty was a relative of ours. I just heard from my mom who went to her funeral that it was an inside job, a male employee who's been working for them since 1999, was the son of a leader of "waray gang". The employee tipped her father to kidnap one of the Sy's. The male employee just lives across the street from the Sy's compound in Novaliches. So ingat na lang kayo mga pare when hiring maids and drivers and employees. make thorough background checks and don't take chances. I also noticed that there seems to be a pattern on most of the victims area of residence. I guess kung mayaman ka, try to live in an affluent place, and don't build a huge mansion in some industrial slum area. This way your head doesn't stick among the crowds. Most of the victims of kidnappings are fil-chi's living in the CAMANAVA area, which is not exactly a good place, but the wrong people can see how big your house is or how good ur business is doing.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my condolences to your family, stelvio.

if it was really an inside job, i hope the employee who had a hand in this despicable deed gets a good taste of justice :mad:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    don't look now, but...

==============================================
    Yehey! News

Breaking News

Ten-year-old girl latest Philippine kidnap victim
    11/21/2003 9:30:00 AM
    AFP

MANILA, Nov 21 (AFP) - Armed men snatched a 10-year-old girl and shot her nanny and driver Friday in the latest kidnapping to hit the Philippines, days after a Coca-Cola executive died in captivity, radio reports said.

The suspects blocked a vehicle carrying the girl and opened fire on the family employees in front of the girl's school in Manila's Paco district.

The nanny was shot in the back and the driver in the head. Both were reported to be in critical condition in hospital, DZBB radio reported.

The girl was initially identified as Jelina Dy, and police were on the trail of the kidnappers, police told the radio station.

Dy's abduction came after President Gloria Arroyo launched a crackdown on kidnap gangs this week after Coca-Cola executive Betti Sy was kidnapped and killed by kidnappers.

On Thursday, police killed four suspected kidnappers and arrested five others, including those believed to be responsible for Sy's death.

The Chinese-Filipino community in Manila said the Coca-Cola executive was the 156th kidnap victim in the Philippines so far this year.

The group says kidnapping incidents are at a 10-year high, with statistics showing that at least one victim is being kidnapped every three days. Most of the victims are members of the affluent Chinese-Filipino community.

jvg/cgm/pch

==============================================

Two kidnappings and one murder in one week...

i'm starting to think someone's out to make GMA look bad -- not that she ever looked good in the first place -- *again* at the expense of Chinoys

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same here stelvio... my sincere condolence to your family.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    stelvio our condolences...

Its high time na i-lift na yang freeze order on death penalty. 1000 na rin yong mga naka-pila, at 10 prisoners per day ubos yan in 100 days, ewan ko lang kung sasabihin pa nilang hindi deterrent yang death penalty.

Wag ng pakinggan yang mga bleeding hearts, lalo na catholic church, kahit kailan parating mali ang desisyon ng mga iyan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Incredibly, Betty seemed to have a premonition of what's going to happen, acdg to his brother, one time when they were discussing kidnapping issues, Betty uttered that if she were to be kidnapped, they (her family) should not pay any ransom, and she will fight to her death.

Thanks guys, I'm sure Betty and her immediate family will appreciate your condolences.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga tsong, can we pls include the young girl Jelina who was kidnapped awhile ago in our prayers, you can just imagine how frightened this young girl is right now being alone without anybody expt the kidnappers. Hopefully she'll be freed immediately.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung ex ko na Chinese also lived in the industrial area sa CAMANAVA. Ewan ko ba kung bakit nila gusto dun. Pero nakakatakot talaga. Compound din sila dun with their relatives pero security is lax and the roads going to and from the place are not very good.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    san ba ung CAMANAVA..may bahay din kami sa Novaliches..talagang nakakatakot ang lugar para tirhan..kaya ayaw namin dun..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Worst Abduction Case