New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Peeps, im tasked to set up a WLAN here in our area. Pucha! Pag tungkol sa kompyuter hindi ko alam kung bakit sakin lahat binabagsak ang trabaho! Grrrrrr.

Anyways, what do i need. I've done some reads an it looks like I need a WLAN access point and some PCMCIA WLAN cards.

Ano pa ba kailangan? Where does the Access point connect to? the wired network na? So in essence, it functions like a switch?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    NYAK...akala ko ikaw ang makakasagoit niyan..magtatanong sana ako sayo..herherherh

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa aking limited na kaalaman, yes, the wireless access points have a (or a few) ethernet ports that you can connect to your wired network.

para sa mga desktops or notebook, another option is to get a wireless access point USB adapter para mas portable. hth...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir PK yes yung access point connects to the wired network na, then all your WLAN cards will access the access point (then of course do the necessary net configs). One considerationis the distance kasi we had problems with the speed. I came to discover that yung pinakamalapit na pc gets the most bandwidth and yung pinakamalayo the least bandwidth. So if surfing the net magsa-suffer yung pinakamalayo.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    WLAN access point connects to server or computer where your main internet connection is attached to. Access point acts like a HUB, only that it has no wires to connect to other computers.

PCMCIA WLAN cards are connected to individual computers that will require internet connection.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mga ser,

So does this mean that the Wifi access point has to be connected to a PC? I was thinking kasi na naka rekta na siya sa RJ45. stand alone kung baga?

Also, hows the signal penetration? through walls, i mean. Kasi kung sa server ko ikakabit ito, naka locate pa ito sa ibang room (although isang dingding lang naman ang pagitan).

salamat po sa lahat!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede na mag rekta ng RJ45 sa kanya. ang signal depende sa wall. it might not pass through thick concrete walls and glasses since the signals will reflect. ok lang kung wooden walls or panels. as for the brand of hardware, i would recommend Linksys.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok thanks sir musang!

i was eyeing the Linksys WAP11. ganda ng porma, department budget naman e, so why skimp hehe?

Any firsthand experience on this sir?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    ola, pajerokid!

The wireless LAN access point may be directly connected to:

A server which is directly connected to the internet (preferably hi speed). This PC (server) will configure the WLAN AP, because the WLAN AP software will be installed on this. You will be able to determine which PCs MAY connect to your Wireless Network. (security purposes)

The walls are not much of a hindrance to the signal...it is mainly distance...

hope that helps...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sirs, meron kayang standalone WLAN AP?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Wireless LAN considerations (Saklolo Deux)