New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bbt View Post
    may i ask, what exactly is happening here?
    It's similar in concept to Apple's Expose. Instead of Alt-Tab (which is still available) to switch between windows, you press a button and all the windows go into a 3-d mode. you then pick the window you want.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    It's similar in concept to Apple's Expose. Instead of Alt-Tab (which is still available) to switch between windows, you press a button and all the windows go into a 3-d mode. you then pick the window you want.
    astig!!! hehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bbt View Post
    astig!!! hehe
    Yup. But, you better have a decent video card for it to be smooth. Actually anything newer than a GF FX5200 and an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro. It doesn't have to be faster than those cards, just newer. Even Intel's GMA 900 is ok.

Aero is quite speedy in my X800XL which is now considered old.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Other apps/games that seems to work fine:

ScummVM:

DOSBox:

and

Project 64:

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    OS9 to OS X?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Still, Vista RC1 is in much better shape than I expected. It certainly is in much better shape than when I first bought OSX (retail) back in spring of 2001. Anyone who bought OSX back in 2001 would agree with me that it was as sloooow as molasses in winter.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Odo View Post
    OS9 to OS X?
    Yup. OSX was ridiculously slow in a G4-400 back in 2001. But, the freedom to not have to allocate ram manually to each app was a blessing. Yun nga lang, ang baaaaagal. But by 2003, 10.2.3 was only occasionally crawling (only when ram gets short). After that, everything OSX (Jaguar, Tiger) was sweet.......

Occasionally, I'd go to my kid's room and play with the Mini and iBook 800 (ignoring my daughter's protests to not mess with her computers) just to see and compare features. Tiger simply amazes. Then, I'd think back to 2001 and go back to playing with Vista RC1 and think, "You know, Vista isn't so bad at this stage".....
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 18th, 2006 at 06:34 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    wow...if that dos box could play crusader...

may pag-asa pa yung mga old-school hentai games ko!!! :lol:

olats kasi compatibility mode ng winXP eh. so how would those two (dos box and compatibility mode) compare?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93 View Post
    wow...if that dos box could play crusader...

may pag-asa pa yung mga old-school hentai games ko!!! :lol:

olats kasi compatibility mode ng winXP eh. so how would those two (dos box and compatibility mode) compare?
    I don't know. I can only speak from the DOS games I own. I rather use DOSBox since it takes too much work to run games like Crusader: No Remorse in Windows.

I only have a few DOS games left:
    Crusader: No Remorse
    Steel Panthers and expansion cd
    Star Wars: Tie Fighter

The rest are Lucasarts adventure games. For those, I use ScummVM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    nice!

i might try vista then.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Another game that works fine in Vista RC1 is MechCommander 2 (along with MechCommander Gold) which is a legal freebie download, by the way....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Windows Vista RC1