New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Woah, now its the woman's fault she got knocked up?
    is it the women's fault? no, its both their fault, but on the other side, it was the woman who decided to let the man in and thus resulted to an offspring... the question is why do they say on social media that they are proud single moms and when you ask them, they will respond they are not interested to get child support from the father?
    Last edited by Stigg ma; April 13th, 2016 at 10:03 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    i see, im just wondering why these single moms are proud not to want to have child support from the father with excuses like the father is useless, lazy, no money and is a headache...
    Eh totoo naman eh. Most Filipino men are bondying.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    we focus on the mom here because they have the deciding factor to say yes or no to a male partner to create a child, you just cant force it as its called rape...
    It's also usually the guy who makes big promises and sweet-talks his way into her pants.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    is it the women's fault? no, its both their fault, but on the other side, it was the woman who decided to let the man in and thus resulted to an offspring... the question is why do they say on social media that they are proud single moms and when you ask them, they will respond they are not interested to get child support from the father?
    Most single moms I've seen don't have time to hang around social media sites. But, you say you've seen them. What was their reason for not accepting child support?

You mentioned them saying the father is useless, lazy, no money, and is a headache... From my perspective, these are the kind of dads who cannot or will not provide child support anyway. So, it sounds very contradictory to what you're saying.

I've seen my share of single-mom Filipinas who got out of their marriage. They're friends with my wife and visit from time to time. They have no problems accepting child support from their ex-hubbies. In fact, the only deadbeat among them is the Filipino ex of one of them which was the last thing we expected. We expected a Caucasian ex to be more of an a-hole. But, no. It turned out to be the Filipino ex.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ;2714916
    Hello my fellow tsikoters

would you mind sharing your insights on why ladies in the Philippines are proud to be a single mom? (except to those ladies who their partner died, thus the reason why they are single moms)

i know majority of members here are men, but still what can you say?

i just want to be enlightened with this topic, in america, men are forced by government to provide financial support to their child in-case they separate via automatic salary deduction...

but here in the Philippines there is no such thing, i even hear from girls that they don't mind if the guy will not provide financial support (win x2 for the men and since he can get away with it, why not do it again!)

i want to find out why this is the trend because in the future, these children raised by single parent might be our next headache leaders because they were not raised in balance by a father and a mother...
    wherever did you get this idea, po? the call centers, bpo, dating websites..?
    i don't think these accurately represent the world of unwed mothers/ single moms.
    is it possible, someone is confusing angst for pride?
    Last edited by dr. d; April 13th, 2016 at 11:26 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    having a fatherless family promotes the cycle of single parenthood especially in advanced countries.

female children tend to seek father figures

when puberty hits, they become less likely to discern good guys from bad guys just to fill the void

and the cycle continues as a result.

male children, on the other hand, don't have any fathers to look up to as their role model

when puberty hits, they're more likely to develop r selective traits

r/K selection theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

r/K Selection Theory |
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

And based on my limited experience,- they are aggressive too.... Maybe, they're thinking that they have "no more" to lose... Huwag lang sanang makatiyempo ng isa pang loko....

Kawawa nga sila, but then again, you can only help them so much....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

29.3K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    They're proud because they're able to raise their child on their own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, majority of single moms today have work to rely on. Some who don't have sadly are those palipat lipat.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Eh totoo naman eh. Most Filipino men are bondying.
    Naku, sobra dami nyan
    Last edited by XTO; April 14th, 2016 at 09:18 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    my basis for saying they MIGHT (so meaning not sure) end up headaches in the future because they we're not raised in balance by a father and a mother.
    My work will bring me to some parts of the Middle East and Africa. My schedule permits me to visit my family for only two weeks in six months. The same holds true with my colleagues. I cannot say with all honesty that I help my wife raise our children because I am an absentee father. Most of my colleagues got separated from their wives for one reason or another. They, too, are not raising their children together with their ex-wives or ex-girlfriends.

Your logic is wrong. You better study or read again your Logic 101 if you had taken it in college. Good sense and prudence will teach us that if you are not sure or you do not know of a particular fact you are going to comment on, do not open your mouth and speculate. A sage once said that, it is better to be thought of stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

I and my colleagues cannot accept the idea that because we do not raise our children together with our wives, ex-wives, girlfriends, ex-girlfriends, partners, ex-partners, our children might grow up imbalance and hence would someday become "headaches" for a leader.

And do not give the reason that your thread applies to single mothers only because you are talking of children who are not "raised in balance by a father or mother" who "might" become crooked leaders.

A tsikoter here said that, if you post or open a thread, make some research first. This should perfectly apply to you.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    what a stupid thing to say!
    agree. just because a child was raised by a single parent does not necessarily mean the child will grow up bad. "it takes a village".

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast