New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    1. Being a bastard is a subset of having an absent father e.g. not being *there* as a father; hence it doesn't mean that having an absent father(for example, OFW, abandonment by legitimate parents) automatically categorizes that person as a bastard.

2. verbatim: "For example, not having a father in the household has a significantly larger positive association
    with attrition in program areas." = merely pointing that those kids actually need all the help they can get despite the failure of the program.

3. Seeing that you concentrated on the latter half, you missed out that this is a multi-generational process. 34 years is pretty short notice for something to be described multi-generational. It took generations before it became as bad as the foreign statistics. Indeed, Dr. Johnson used foreign statistics to provide a model/snapshot if and when we reach that condition(absence of father overtaking poverty and lack of opportunity as determinant for delinquency, all of which go hand in hand).

4. You're looking at the wrong place to see the worst case scenario product of a multi-generational process at this early in stage. Ever walked the streets of Metro Manila? I'm sure you've heard of syndicates exploiting abandoned minors.

5. As others have pointed, the fact that we're lagging in educational quality and iffy on *** education contributes to unwanted pregnancy; top it off with poverty and you have a recipe for disaster

6. why insist on foreign studies? foresight. there's a massive difference between "This might be a bad idea. Let's avoid it." and "It was a bad idea". just because we have yet to reach their condition doesn't mean we're excused from repeating their mistakes. sorry, no free get-out-of-jail cards here.

7. whether you concede or not has no bearing in the discussion.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentis View Post
    Uhurrrrm......how about mommy D?

sent from my Nokia 3210i
    Single mom ang discussion sir not great grand mother na hinihila na ng lupa.
    I believe tao ang pinaguusapan dito hindi alien.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    The question there is, is he happy after marrying her? Hundreds or thousand single professionals will jump into marrying Jennylyn Mercado but will be a reverse kung kay Kristeta.
    Bro naman,- walang kumparison....

ito naman kasing huli,- inamin sa national TV na may tvlo siyang donated ni Tsong-Walis-Tingting....

Tapos,- alam naman nating,- at isama mo pa ang ilang shoot muna bago dribol na nak*d*l3 sa kanya na puro rainbow shots and fade-away dunk shots ang istilo....

Aba e,- wala kayang naiwanan doon na "college ring"? E, Sapatos kaya???....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

29.3K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

4. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    1. Being a bastard is a subset of having an absent father e.g. not being *there* as a father; hence it doesn't mean that having an absent father(for example, OFW, abandonment by legitimate parents) automatically categorizes that person as a bastard.

2. verbatim: "For example, not having a father in the household has a significantly larger positive association
    with attrition in program areas." = merely pointing that those kids actually need all the help they can get despite the failure of the program.

3. Seeing that you concentrated on the latter half, you missed out that this is a multi-generational process. 34 years is pretty short notice for something to be described multi-generational. It took generations before it became as bad as the foreign statistics. Indeed, Dr. Johnson used foreign statistics to provide a model/snapshot if and when we reach that condition(absence of father overtaking poverty and lack of opportunity as determinant for delinquency, all of which go hand in hand).

4. You're looking at the wrong place to see the worst case scenario product of a multi-generational process at this early in stage. Ever walked the streets of Metro Manila? I'm sure you've heard of syndicates exploiting abandoned minors.

5. As others have pointed, the fact that we're lagging in educational quality and iffy on *** education contributes to unwanted pregnancy; top it off with poverty and you have a recipe for disaster

6. why insist on foreign studies? foresight. there's a massive difference between "This might be a bad idea. Let's avoid it." and "It was a bad idea". just because we have yet to reach their condition doesn't mean we're excused from repeating their mistakes. sorry, no free get-out-of-jail cards here.

7. whether you concede or not has no bearing in the discussion.
    You overthink it that you miss the whole point. The issue is simple.

The Thread Starter's assumption in the last portion of his post was to the effect that bastards tend to be bad people or bad leaders when they grow up.

Give me statistics or data that bastards overpopulate the penal farms I mentioned. Or, if you cannot, let us make it simplier. How many leaders in the Philippines are bad bastards.

If you cannot, this is going nowhere and let us drop this. I have no intention to hurt your ego.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jack_husain View Post
    You overthink it that you miss the whole point. The issue is simple.

The Thread Starter's assumption in the last portion of his post was to the effect that bastards tend to be bad people or bad leaders when they grow up.

Give me statistics or data that bastards overpopulate the penal farms I mentioned. Or, if you cannot, let us make it simplier. How many leaders in the Philippines are bad bastards.

If you cannot, this is going nowhere and let us drop this. I have no intention to hurt your ego.
    bok, most of our politicians are "bastards."

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    And the other two became single moms after meeting LSB?
    Oys, hindi ha! ....

Good boy na ako ...

Then this ad popped on the side!

Diosmio ....

7518931058894356180.jpg
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; April 19th, 2016 at 09:08 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Aba e,- wala kayang naiwanan doon na "college ring"? E, Sapatos kaya???....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

29.3K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
    Sapatos sir tapos dun pa sa loob itatali ang sintas.

Parang sa Siam yan, kayang magbukas ng tansan sa bote.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think there is a problem with saying that irresponsible fathers mean single-parent families don't work... simply because irresponsible fatherhood already connotes unplanned pregnancy, for one, and suggests that even when present, the father won't be much use.

Just look at all the stay-at-home fathers among lower socio-economic classes here who don't work or take care of the children.

Having one loving parent is not as good as having two loving parents. And nowhere near as good as having two loving parents and uncles/aunts/grandparents who give them love and social interaction.

But having one loving parent is better than living in a household in strife and witnessing domestic violence on a monthly, weekly or daily basis.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Oys, hindi ha! ....

Good boy na ako ...

Then this ad popped on the side!

Diosmio ....

7518931058894356180.jpg
    i think they were refering to the wallet and not to the personality.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I think it is selfish to actively put a child in this world without a father. Kung hindi kailangan ng babae ng asawa, ang bata kailangan ng tatay.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    sus! di na kailangan ng daddy ni baby. nandiyan naman si ipad.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast