New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sometimes differences in diction make a lot of difference, but learning a british english accent is a better sounding english for me, grammar wise, sometimes american commit horrible mistakes as well, learned filipinos are good with proper english grammar

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    poem ba ung unang part? hehe. parang napapatula ako e. hehehe.

dito sa atin, kaya hirap mga bata sa english dahil mga cartoons ngayon puro tagalog na! hindi tulad dati na english, kahit papano natututo ung mga bata ng basic english.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Isa pang nakakasira sa English ng mga Pinoy ngayon, yang text messaging. Maraming nabo-bobo rito. Kumbaga, nakasanayan na ng mga bata, kaya ayun, madalas bagsak sa spelling!

C u l8er!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i does not know why small children is flunking english. my teacher teach me good grammar and correct pronouncing when i am a little boy. so all children now should be teached the same subjects that i was learned even in elementary and when they upgrade to high school and graduate to college...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang labo ng mga ibang sagot dito :confused:

i thought the topic was the weirdness of the english language, not the ability of americans to speak it correctly

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fLaKeZ
    poem ba ung unang part? hehe. parang napapatula ako e. hehehe.

dito sa atin, kaya hirap mga bata sa english dahil mga cartoons ngayon puro tagalog na! hindi tulad dati na english, kahit papano natututo ung mga bata ng basic english.
    Indeed. Parents should talk to their children in english (correct grammar, diction, pronounciation, etc.) if they like their kids to grow up speaking the language properly. As early as their first words, kids must be exposed to different english words, exposed to english-only cartoons and books, comic books, etc. My kids grew up speaking the language, kaya ayun sa pilipino naman sila mahina.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    ang labo ng mga ibang sagot dito :confused:

i thought the topic was the weirdness of the english language, not the ability of americans to speak it correctly
    Actually po, the title speaks about kids flunking in english.
    So it may be the american youth themselves, as well as our own children ang pinag-uusapan dito, since their future largely depends on this universal language. Nowadays, dehins ka competitive sa international job market if you can't speak the language properly.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalm136:2
    Actually po, the title speaks about kids flunking in english.
    So it may be the american youth themselves, as well as our own children ang pinag-uusapan dito, since their future largely depends on this universal language. Nowadays, dehins ka competitive sa international job market if you can't speak the language properly.
    it's the opening line of a joke/funny article, my friend. tignan mo yung buong post puro funny observations about the language yung content

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc
    but learning a british english accent is a better sounding english for me
    Which accent? Napakarami kasi. It seems like every city has its own, isama mo pa ang mga regional (Welsh, Scottish at Irish).

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap
    Isa pang nakakasira sa English ng mga Pinoy ngayon, yang text messaging. Maraming nabo-bobo rito. Kumbaga, nakasanayan na ng mga bata, kaya ayun, madalas bagsak sa spelling!
    Can you speak in English please.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Why Kids Flunk English....