New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    1. poverty
    2. kurakot - during marcos regime, marcos gets the lions shre the rest gets a piece of it, most politicians(from president and her spouse to his son to the city councilor and even barangay captain) now gets the lion share if not every cents.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    for me, the reason why we're like this is because Filipinos don't love the Philippines. I'm not saying everybody. but somehow we are guilty of this.

if pinoys truly love the country, pinoys won't cheat on their taxes; won't help those who cheat their taxes, won't get people's taxes for their own use.

if pinoys really love the country, pinoys won't shoot down an inventor with a great idea; won't vote a person because he/she is popular; won't rely on dole outs given by the government or somebody who is willing to help.

i agree that those labor unions are always backed by communist people. i can only speak of the aquino presidency to the present that in all of the rallies being held left and right, people from the labor groups have always been against all our presidents. every single issue, they'd bring it to the streets, saying that the president is under the US government, etc.

how i wish we can remove everybody in the government and every government agency and start from scratch. hopefully we can solve corruption.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    too many self pity threads

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    too many self pity threads
    hopefully pinoys here in the philippines would act on the problem, in our own little way, rather than get out of the country, be somebody else's slave in another country, and laugh at us who stayed in the country.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hala...

:popcorn: muna me...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisboy View Post
    hopefully pinoys here in the philippines would act on the problem, in our own little way, rather than get out of the country, be somebody else's slave in another country, and laugh at us who stayed in the country.
    And when every OFW comes home, would you give them jobs???

:fly:

Edit awww somebody took his lollipop :rofl01:

Edit2 krispy kreme is calling for you.

Edit3 what have you done for our country??? "hoping" excluded.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    Of course circumstances have affected us economically. But one has mentioned in another thread that he cant understand why Vietnam is doing so well compared to us. There must be some underlying reason. Vietnam came from a war-ravaged past while we were the darling in the 50s and 60s.

What would you say is the way to lead us to the road of true progress.

All opinions are welcome. In fact, it may be in your opinion that we may find an answer.

Is it that time again???

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg View Post
    Hala...

:popcorn: muna me...

With extra butter please..........

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    First off...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisboy View Post
    Personally, I don't 'laugh at those who stayed' in the Philippines. Whether by personal choice or lack of resources, that is their choice. Laughing at their predicament is being rude and being a braggart which, for me, is distasteful. Rude, because it is like laughing at someone who tripped or had an accident. Braggart, because it is like someone saying: 'Look at me. I am better than you. I am here and you are there. HAHA!'

So don't paint all those who have left with the same brush. You may have encountered some who are like that, but there are those who are not.

And now for my bit for the topic...

There is inequity in the Philippines. The rich and powerful can do whatever the hell they like, with little or no consequences. If you're not, then tough luck. Wala kang kakampi, kahit na yung gobyernong binibigyan mo ng tax mo.

Solve that inequity and maybe people won't be leaving the Philippines in droves.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    IMO mahirap na talaga baguhin ang pilipino kasi parang may self destruct DNA sa dugo natin....Labas ka lang sa kalye mkikita mo na.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Why do you think Pinas is lagging behind its ASEAN neighbors?