New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    simple... the government earns big bucks from taxes on cigarette and other tobacco products.

Lucio Tan is an exception........

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    hindi naman siguro ganun ka-useless ang mga smokers. smokers are creative people just like caffeine addicts: those people who cant think without drinking coffee.

and if we will look at the world around us: most people who rule us or inspire us were once addicts: be it drugs, alcohol, smoking. look at our provincial mayors/congressmen, hollywood and local celebs, and the people working in the creative field.

I personally consider those people who have been in the "dark" side of life as individuals with a more colorful life. They can weigh morality more than any of us bec. they have experienced both the good and the bad in life.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Usually lang naman sa mga smokers insecure eh because they lacked attention as a child and was deprived of love so they need to hang on to something (in this case, the vice of smoking). May psychological term for this na nakalimutan ko na. They need to be noticed that they're in & "cool" to belong. Tingnan nyo sa call centers, yung mga dating di smokers, naging smokers na rin. Yun yung mahihina ang self-esteem. Fools.
    nice comment! meron ba smoker dito???

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Meron ako ouch!!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    banning cigarettes / tobacco means 0 tax what will they do if taxes
    were short. yari tayo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm sa pinas ang yosi napakamura.. .but here in AU..sobrang mahal...imagine mo yung 1kaha more than 10AU$ around 400 pesos
    e sa atin magkano ba isang kaha? wala pa yatang 100pesos..

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    P30 lang ser sa tindahan sa tapat...Kaya agree ako kahit triplehin pa ang presyo para sa Tax...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    d po ako naninigarilyo, pero eto po reply ko. tama sila, may tax at malaki ang pakinabang ng govt sa sigarilyo. kaya d ma ban. kung ang marijuana maging legal siguro mas malaki pa ang tax na makukuha ng govt. hehehe!!! pero ang marijuana meron nadudulot na maganda sa katawan, sabi ng iba kong natanong, basta wag lang sosobra. ang cigarette maganda din, basta wag lang sosobra, kaya meron tayong commercial "cigarette smoking is dangerous to your health".

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    so it's okay for people to get sick and die because the govt gets to collect a lot of money thru blood taxes?

I don't think any good will come out of bad vices.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    as much as i want to hit the person beside me for smoking in public, he still contributes to all those who benefit in the tobacco industry, from the farmers to us who fumigate tobaccos. i still remember seeing 10foot rolls of dried tobaccos in our house when i was still small, their smell can waft through rooms and you can see thousands of tobacco beetles inside, when we were still fumigating for philip morris smoke all you can sa loob ng warehouse nila but you cant bring the cigarettes outside the compound

btw i do not smoke, only my father picked the habit lately lang midlife crisis siguro

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Why can't we BAN Cigarettes?