New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by goldencoil View Post
    Alam ko na hindi na common mangolekta ng plaka nowadays. However, I am still keeping some new wave vinyl records with me. There are times na pini play ko yun at tinititigan ko yung mga sleeves pag inaalala ko yung 80s era. May mga times na bumibili pa din ako from ebay.

Just want to know if somebody here in tsikot still collects/keeps vinyl records.
    naku po, dami namin ganyang disk... nun nabubuhay pa ang aking father... 60, 70's etc. hehehe!!! meron din tayong kasama dito na meron pa up to now na 80s at mas vintage pa na plaka.... hehehe!!! si xto also yun boss ko dami din 80's... ako mp3 na lang e. hehehe!!!!

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Yup I still collect them! I go to 2nd hand shops, flea markets and garage sales to buy them. I got jazz, blues, classical, 60's rock and roll, 70's, 80's, 90's as well as X'mas records. I play them on my 80's English made Manticore Mantra w/ Linn LVV tonearm and Ortofon OM10 cartridge, APX 10W class A Tube amp, and B&W DM309's. I am also into SACD's and DVD audios which has a separate set-up (Yamaha RXV 540 6.1 amp, Yamaha S657 Universal player, Kef Cresta speakers and Velodyne CHT-10R sub), my cd set-up is separate as well (Rega Apollo, Qinpu A1.0x amp, wharfedale 9.6 speakers, Paul Speltz antiwires, silver interconnects)
    some of my favorite records:

Dire Straits (brothers in arms)
    Pink Floyd (Dark side of the moon)
    James Taylor (classic songs)
    Billy Joel (greatest hits)
    Spyro Gyra (morning dance)
    Earl Klugh (the magic of)
    Linda Ronstadt (what's new)
    Eagles (very best)
    Elvis (greatest hits)
    Engelbert Humperdink (greatest hits)
    Nat King Cole (greatest hits)
    Last edited by the josh; May 17th, 2007 at 12:33 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Noong sikat pa ang Bee Gees sa mga Discos, yung Saturday Night Fever Album nila(Night Fever, Staying Alive, How Deep is Your Love, etc.) nila, ang ganda ng tunog sa vinyl. Litaw na litaw yung "kalansing at sagitsit" nung clapper sa percussion. Which is iba na ang tunog sa CD version niya.

Yung slow rock pieces ng Scorpions, like "Always Somewhere", ang ganda rin ng labas sa vinyl. Again, sa CD, iba na ang tunog.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by xto View Post
    i still have them. over a thousand 12" mixes and lps. i didn't sell them after
    our mobile got disbanded. iba talaga ang tunog nito at buong buo though depende
    sa stylus na gamit. shure is one of the best syempre. at kayang
    timplahin thru pitch control ng tt. i left one technics turntable with me.

yung ibang new wave namin then ng barkada mga picture disk pa from uk.
    like the care, madonna, real life, gene loves jezebel etc. at remember the
    tears for fears version of everybody wants to run the world. not rule?
    well, those were the days.
    XTO, parehas pala tayo nag mo-mobile before. I still have thousands of LP's/EP's with me. Yung nga lang puro dust na at yung iba inipis na sa storage. Ang sarap talaga i reminisce yung era ng late 80's to early 90's especially the New Wave era. I can still recall unoorder pa kami ng mga remix albums sa UK and sa Germany. Mahal pa ng plaka nun pati yung mga kasangkapan sa pag mobile. I still have my MK2's with me pero wala na yung mga mixers and amps. I think you can still buy shure stylus sa Megamixx. I think it is still open pa yata. Meron din bilihan ng stylus sa may Raon.

Right now, i'm collecting new wave mp3's para i remix ko sa pc pag wala ako ginagawa. I've remixed about 80 remix songs from the past and created a few of my own originals.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Used to have a lot of them,- (almost complete) collection of APO and James Taylor albums..... and others...

Nabaha,- itinapon.....

2701:bye:

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    buti na lang, 1 of my top 100 favorite words in the world caught my eye in the post title --> vinyl.... sounds sublime doesnt it... vinyl. sarap pati spellingin. v-i-n-y-l.

i don't dj at all during the 80s but i have 2 mk2s and an old black trashy numark mixer at home to fulfill my fantasy of being a 'spinner' when i'm alone. hehehe. those were the days alright. parties and mobiles. i remember every clubhouse in every makati and pasig village, pati polo club, as long as its a friday or a saturday night, me and my friends hop on a dodge colt (naka lifters, wide wheels, and headers) then gatecrash all the parties. strobe lights, mirror balls... in the front is a packed dancefloor, teenfest!!! aweful fashion really... the care, seona dancing or perhaps blue zoo blasting loud on those oldskool bose speakers (901? 802? 90210?) and right in the deadsmack center of it all, a pedestal... with the spinner as priest, holding up a record as chalice. i don't mean to be blasphemous but wasn't vinyls god during the day?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Actually, its the indian and not the arrow. DJ's of yesteryears are underrated individuals that didn't get the credit they deserve. Good thing DMC took off and gave local DJ's a piece of cake of international DJ competitions stardom.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    unfortunately before, it wasn't even about the indian. it was the tribe. as in, the mobile name. when there was something happening, ang tanong pa nga, sino mobile? so in terms of billing, ang importante ay #1, marami bang chicks? #2, what school? #3, ano sounds? new wave? disco? punk? #4, sino mobile? #5, free drinks ba? #6, may invitaion ba tayo? #6, where do we get drunk first? #7, dude whose bringing the car? of course, i'm just messing around. the point is, mikaztro's spot on, the dj's, vinyl dj's at that, of yesteryears were unsung heroes. i remember before ang bpm, nakasulat sa kapirasong masking tape na nakadikit sa album cover. bagsik!

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yup, I still have one cabinet full of vinyl records....the bolshoi, gene loves jezebel, aztec camera, gnr, U2, etc....they still sounded great the last time i tried them. Aside from these I also kept a collection of LD's...yeah those huge CD's that played great on a pioneer multidisc player!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Stad, have you tried using Sonic Foundry's Acid pro 4.0. Yan gamit ko pang mix ng mga mp3 songs pag wala ako ginagawa. Pang alis ng stress. Hehehe. Madali gamitin and you can create cd mixes in a jiffy. I've tried mixing 80 songs in 70 minutes and all of them are not extended version. I have also remixed and created songs ranging from pop-new wave-hip hop-jazz etc.

One of my favorite mix yung "one on one" ni Hall & Oates and remixed it with 2 live crew's own dirty version of "one on one".

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Who has a vinyl records collection here?