New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    ano ba ang OB Montessori? sectarian o non sectarian?

dun kasi pumapasok ang dalawang anak ko
    Nasa non-sectarian yan sir (paki correct nalang po ako kung mali )

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    tanong lang po...bakit andaming OB Montessori?? are they all the same? kaliwa't kanan. may malaki may maliit...the ones i know na legit na OB are the one in greenhills(?) and bagumbayan libis..(correct me if i'm wrong)..what about Our Lord's Grace Montessori in commonwealth na super expensive ang tuition?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    is that true na ang all in all payment for this school year sa Brent ay 500k to 700k...?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I'm assuming this is if we're in the Philippines or something. Let's say we (the whole family) moved to the Philippines. I'd send my kids (we have a second one on the way) to International School, the original one where my sister's kids went to and where other "foreigners" send their kids.

I'm not sure if I want my kids to go to any other schools in the Philippines. There are some attitudes in the Philippines I don't want my daughter exposed to or worse, she herself adopts. A snooty, elitism attitude is one of them.

I imagine International School is coed, non-sectarian.
    Snooty, elitism attitude is more likely exhibited by Fil-ams who were educated and born in the US then took up bachelor/masters degree in the philippines. i know this because i studied in a medical school with a huge number of Fil-am students....

most of my Fil-am friends/ relatives who were born here in the US exhibit a snooty elitism attitute towards the Fresh Off the Boat friends from the Philippines calling us "You native Filipinos" with degrading accents....

most recent Filipino immigrants to the US are more timid and submissive compared to Fil-ams born in the US.....i have a lot of FOB and Fil am friends here in NYC and that is where i based my observation.....

i honestly do not know where you observed that snooty elitism attitute of filipinos educated in the philippines

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by spongee View Post
    tanong lang po...bakit andaming OB Montessori?? are they all the same? kaliwa't kanan. may malaki may maliit...the ones i know na legit na OB are the one in greenhills(?) and bagumbayan libis..(correct me if i'm wrong)..what about Our Lord's Grace Montessori in commonwealth na super expensive ang tuition?

nope apat lang ang OB (operation Brotherhood) Montessori
    Greenhills (main)
    Sta ana, manila
    Las Pinas
    Angeles City, pampanga

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    korekek! yung ibang montessori e copycat lang using the montessori name to be able to charge high tuition. if they really practice the montessori system then yes ok lang din pero most of those so called "montessori" schools just have low teacher-student ratios to justify their high tuition. kahit nga sa tabi ng kangkungan meron montessori e hehehehe! i think a head master needs to have a masters degree somewhere in france to be a certified montessori trainor for the teachers under his/her supervision. and all the teachers need to undergo the montessori training to be able to teach in a certified montessori school.

there is an alternative to the montessori system though, and it is the japanese kumon. you can enroll your kid in any school, then have your kid go to kumon after school. longer hours but the results are definitely superb. it takes a minimum of 3 years to finish the kumon system but your kid will have the study habits he will need for the rest of his life. self reliant na siya, di na need pa sabihan na mag-aral.

as per the question, coed sectarian for me. coed kasi kawawa ang bata kung walang ka-interact na opposite *** during their formative years. pag dating sa college yan aanga-anga kung ano gagawin pag may kausap na crush nya. sectarian because iba naman kasi kung meron christian guidance na kasama. hirap magturo ng religion on your own hehehehe! going to mass on sundays is one thing but definitely not enough, having cathechism as part of their studies imho makes a better person later.

definitely a no to exclusive school. tignan nyo sa claret dami bading nyahahahaha! oy mga taga claret wag gagalit ha, aminin nyo na lang kase!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    xavier school, grade 1 and grade 4

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    http://hedcen.com/

This school is well recommended by The Sassy Lawyer.

I like their curriculum and their emphasis on quality education without the bias of religion.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung ako, ang choice ko ay sa cheap and good - public school - SPED (special education) PROGRAM elementary and kung high school - PHILIPPINE SCIENCE HIGH SCHOOL. Both are co-ed so they'll be exposed to properly associate with boys and/or girls in class.

the SPED program gives my kids the academic advantage PLUS the street smart attitude training that they need (gusto ko pedeng sumabay sa kalokohan ng average bata).

sa PHI-SCI naman ay yung academic edge... graduating from this school will surely land my kids with a good chance for college scholarships PLUS I am very sure that hindi sila mahihirapan sa academics ng college (and thus allow them do more extracullicular activities - that can enhance their further education sa real world).

pag college naman - I'll have only two options UP and Ateneo (I love the jesuits way - the realistic religious ways di ba Glennster)

Sa UP they'll save me a lot of money from college expenses (being PHI-SCI will equal abundant supply of scholarships in UP that will pay the bulk of college expenses).

Sa Ateneo (although much more expensive) will give my kids the proper connection (classmates will likely come from wealthy business people group) so pagnagwowork or nagbusiness sila, they'll have good contacts from lawyers to other businessmen.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basta malayo sa metro manila....meron ba?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
where will you send your children??