New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by outmap View Post
    tip lang po sa pronounciation para mas maintindihan ng mga francais/e:
    "parle vous anglais?" or "vous parle anglais?" = "parle vu ang-le?"/"vu parle ang-le?"
    "comment ca va?", mas ok po siguro pronounciation is "ko-mo sa va?". pwede din "ca va?" lang, basta patanong ang tunog.
    "tres bien" = "trey byan" (mahina lang po yung "n")
    "bonjour" = "bonjoo"
    "salut" = "salu"
    basta ang rule po is mostly di nila ipino-pronounce yun last consonant of the word (except for a few).

dagdag lang po na mga words:
    s'il vous plait (sil vu pley) = please (direct translation is "if you please")
    oui (wi) = yes
    non (non) = no
    ou? (ooh?) = where?
    pourquoi (por-kwa) = why?

goodluck po sa trip, ingatan nyo ilong nyo.
    wala paring tatalo sa Pilipinas!
    Thanks outmap for helping me out with this ha! Dapat ata magpa turo ako sa iyo kase tagal ko na di na prapractice ang French language. God bless!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg_g View Post
    Moulin Rouge....
    Uy Sir Gregg_g korek ka dyan! Sir MP don't miss this show! Its 150.00 Euros per person kung show lang! Nung nanood kami nyan naku ang daming mga Asians karamihan ang mga nanonood lalu na mga Hapon! Isang table kami puros Pinoy.
    Meron kase if you want me dinner na kasama pero mas mahal na yun! The price includes one bottle of champagne each person kung walang dinner na kasama! So habang pinanonood mo mga topless eh inom to the max! (hehehehe) By the way asa red light district yang Moulin Rouge Show na yan... (heheheh)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    heps, may LV shop pala....balak ko pa naman mag excuse na wala akong makita at walang time :doh:

salamat sa mga payo at warnings...sanay ako bumisita sa mga lugar na madaming pickpocket so hopefully yung mga strategy ko eh gumana pa din

don't worry, i'll take and post pics

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Paris? Sweet
    Went there last December after I picked up my car in Munich. Good memories
    Get on the red double decker bus. Get on/off as you please and it goes all over the city. You'll see everything in one day. Versailles is doable in one day. If there's one tip I can give, it's always greet people whenever entering a store. They consider it extremely rude if you don't acknowledge them. Bon jour! And they will be more accommodating if you try to speak their language (they'll help you) rather than English off the bat. They're very nice people. Just remember you're not in America anymore so treat them differently and you should be okay.

Someone mentioned the Louvre. If there was one place to go...

Ingat bro and post pics when you get back

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by red_wagen View Post
    Paris? Sweet
    Went there last December after I picked up my car in Munich. Good memories
    Get on the red double decker bus. Get on/off as you please and it goes all over the city. You'll see everything in one day. Versailles is doable in one day. If there's one tip I can give, it's always greet people whenever entering a store. They consider it extremely rude if you don't acknowledge them. Bon jour! And they will be more accommodating if you try to speak their language (they'll help you) rather than English off the bat. They're very nice people. Just remember you're not in America anymore so treat them differently and you should be okay.

Someone mentioned the Louvre. If there was one place to go...

Ingat bro and post pics when you get back
    Agree. Try and they will reciprocate. They are a lovely people. To an extent I find them like pinoys as well. I have loads of french friends and they exhibit similar traits. kahit yung pag-tsimis and watching people and making comments and being clanish.

Yung concern about pickpockets is real. They can spot an outsider like a sore thumb. Plus it is highly likely you may not look like you are from there.

Inggit din ako kasi ang sarap ng food dun. Kahit bread lang will make you realize why they revolted because of the lack of it.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Thanks outmap for helping me out with this ha! Dapat ata magpa turo ako sa iyo kase tagal ko na di na prapractice ang French language. God bless!
    Di rin po ako maalam, basic lang po. Medyo recently lang kasi ako nag-aral kaya medyo fresh pa.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Uy Sir Gregg_g korek ka dyan! Sir MP don't miss this show! Its 150.00 Euros per person kung show lang! Nung nanood kami nyan naku ang daming mga Asians karamihan ang mga nanonood lalu na mga Hapon! Isang table kami puros Pinoy.
    Meron kase if you want me dinner na kasama pero mas mahal na yun! The price includes one bottle of champagne each person kung walang dinner na kasama! So habang pinanonood mo mga topless eh inom to the max! (hehehehe) By the way asa red light district yang Moulin Rouge Show na yan... (heheheh)
    I was there in 2004 during my master's degree in Frankfurt. When looking at the colorcoded map, you are most likely to miss it, because it's not emphasized. But at least, I got to really look for it after the Eiffel tower. Its worth it gyud... Beside it you can also check out the window shops for live ladies... hehehe... Window shopping gyud..
    Last edited by gregg_g; August 21st, 2007 at 10:10 AM. Reason: wrong article used

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
where to go/what to see in Paris?