New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok lang, kasi usually ayaw masara nung trunk ng kotse namin pag mahina lang. hahaha. kaya no choice sila kundi lakasan. may technique kasi don sa akin. eh hindi ko naman sila pwede na turuan pa.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ....my car slams the guard in the chin.

My project sentra has a carbon fiber trunk lid. It is so light that the springs used to offset the weight of the metal trunk lid flips it up quickly (I plan to place some dampers to slow down the "lift").

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    My project sentra has a carbon fiber trunk lid. It is so light that the springs used to offset the weight of the metal trunk lid flips it up quickly (I plan to place some dampers to slow down the "lift").
    Parang nakakita na ako ng carbon fiber trunk lid. Sa isang Civic naman naka-install. I think it's cool and sporty. Gusto ko rin sana nun kaso wala sa budget...

Sana pag natapos na yung Project Sentra mo e i-post mo yung picts.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    Parang nakakita na ako ng carbon fiber trunk lid. Sa isang Civic naman naka-install. I think it's cool and sporty. Gusto ko rin sana nun kaso wala sa budget...

Sana pag natapos na yung Project Sentra mo e i-post mo yung picts.
    Currently it's pretty much finished. I don't plan to install a turbo so any future increases in power would be due to either more aggressive tuning or mods like underdrive pulley kits or racing cam/cam-gears but those will affect street drivability so I am not keen to those upgrades.

But if I plan to do any race track duty with it, I would need to upgrade it's brakes to a substantially bigger rotor to help deal with the heat. Five short laps around Subic's race circuit (short) ended with burned pads and damaged the rubber o-ring seals on my calipers.

Externally, the mods are limited to the carbon hood/trunk, lowering and aftermarket wheels.

Internally, H&R lowering springs (track spec), adjustable rate Koni shocks, water-alcohol injection kit, digital APEXi S-AFC w/ dyno tuning, adjusted ignition timing (done on the dyno), K&N filter, freeflow headers, exhaust piping and muffler system.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 22nd, 2009 at 04:53 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    What if kung hatchback or kung may door sa likod like AUVs?
    Di ba dapat silip lang and not to be opened?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ako okei lang kahit hambalusin niya yung trunk tutal pag hinambalos niya nang ubod ng lakas eh bubukas lang ulet (nakasagad adjustment ng trunk ko) okei lang yun ang wag lang eh yung "sige sir atras pa atras" biglang bumangga tsktsk tapos huhuliin ka pa haha me nakita na akong incident na ganito tinakbuhan nalang nung pickup yung gwardya

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by huggybear View Post
    What if kung hatchback or kung may door sa likod like AUVs?
    Di ba dapat silip lang and not to be opened?
    Yup. Normally silip lang, but with suv's hatches and auv's with super dark tints, they open it up a little bit.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Di ko muna bubuksan then pag sumenyas na buksan, sasabihan ko na wag e slam bitawan lang at mag sasara na yun...kasi medyo may bigat na ang trunk lid ko dahil sa speaker and fiberglass for the sound setup.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123