New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    well, at least try it(FireFox) out. wala talaga akong tiwala sa M$ pagdating sa security. they've openly admitted that features are their priority, not security.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    I agree with Theveed: you might be infected with spyware or some form of MalWare (malicious software). You might also be experiencing a DNS (Denial of Service Attack)...
    Nico,

Should be DoS, Denial of Service.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    In IE, pwede disable Active X...

I've used mozilla and firefox long before many of you probably even heard of it, I must say it is very good. The extensions and themes are a nice touch also. Tabs are good too. But for whatever reason I always go back to using internet explorer. Netscape is also good.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    IE sucks donkey balls. i only use it if the site im surfing absolutely requires IE.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX
    Nico,

Should be DoS, Denial of Service.
    He he he, oo nga ano. Wrong mistake.

Thanks!

Sorry OT question: What firewall do you guys use?

IMO, if your gonna use XP, make sure you get SP2 or else you'll run into security problems. Much better if you can get XP with SP2 bundled in.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    OT

Dun sa office: ISA (serverside). Tapos, may hardware firewall pa kami. And, just so that our IT geeks (pardon the French) are content and happy, we have Sygate firewall on our clients. Windows XP Prof, all SPs installed.

Sa bahay:Yung laptop, Windows XP Prof, all SPs installed. Using Sygate Professional firewall. Yung desktop, naka-Linux eh kaya walang SPs. I created the firewall for my Linux box using TIS Firewall Toolkit.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Chris_D

try disabling activex sa IE, youll get persistent nag screen saying u need activex to view a page.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo
    Chris_D

try disabling activex sa IE, youll get persistent nag screen saying u need activex to view a page.
    it will drive u nuts n u'll swear never to use IE again unless extremely necessary..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    it will drive u nuts n u'll swear never to use IE again unless extremely necessary..
    tama. hehe. naalala ko ung boss ko dati sa ojt. sa kabwisitan sa daming spywares ganyan na lang ginawa niya. disable niya lahat ng active x sa buong company. lahat tuloy nagtatanong sa amin kung ano isasagot don sa pop-up. hehehe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Whats wrong with my IE6?