New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Mys wifey wants a free standing gas range and I tried scouting for one and here are my short list....

a) Electrolux EKM6645X
    b) Ariston CX61SN1
    c) Elba T61x631F
    d) Whirlpool ACM 631 1x
    e) La Germania FS603121

They all belong to the same price range 30,000+, but my concern is durability, after service, parts, etc..

By the way, I was told that La Germania products here in the Philippines are not of the same quality with those purchased out of the country. A visual comparison among the above list would show that indeed the quality of the above model of La Germania is not good....

But then again, most of the other brands are not quite known....please help....

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Mas malimit, nagiging pang-display lang ang mga iyan dito sa Pinas... May hood pang kasama...

Bili na lang siguro ng double gas burner...

16.6K:sunny::sampay:

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    la germania. yung isang range namin buhay pa hanggang ngayon. sineservisan pa nga yun kahit ang layu-layo ng bahay namin.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I grew white hairs with my White Westinghouse/Electrolux washing machine which kept breaking down in its first two years. In fairness, they still did repairs under warranty even if the warranty has lapsed because of the troubled history of my unit.

We're using La Germania gas ranges at home. Can't go wrong with that it seems. "For you mama mia, the best..." :D

My in-laws use Elba and it's working fine just as well although it's only a couple of years old.

Ariston is also distributed by the same owners of G.E. With my after sales service experience with a GE aircon in Pampanga, it was really bad (can't say about Metro Manila service though).

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Elba yung sa amin, yung may 3 burner at isang electric sa ibabaw then electric oven.. mag 6 yrs na ok naman..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Mas malimit, nagiging pang-display lang ang mga iyan dito sa Pinas... May hood pang kasama...

Bili na lang siguro ng double gas burner...

16.6K:sunny::sampay:
    Its funny I can relate to this! My first xmas gift to my mom having my first job was an elba four burner with matching hood pa...Para daw matry nya magbake, roast, etc...its been 5 to 6 years now and mas marami pa yung daliri ko in one hand compared sa number ng times na ginamit nya yung oven

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    We have Elba, 90 cm full stainless. Matibay.
    But As CVT said, pang decoration lang.

Madalas yung heavy duty stove sa dirty kitchen ang laging gamit.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    We have Elba, 90 cm full stainless. Matibay.
    But As CVT said, pang decoration lang.

Madalas yung heavy duty stove sa dirty kitchen ang laging gamit.
    Quaintly Pinoy. Ganyan din in-laws ko nung bago yung Elba nila, sa lumang tabletop stove na La Germania pa rin nagluluto. Buti nalang now, ginagamit na rin.

Another friend of mine, in his condo panay high end na kitchen finishings (Sub Zero, etc.) pero hindi rin ginagamit halos. Parati kumakain sa labas since single and mag isa lang siya. :D

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bintoy View Post
    Mys wifey wants a free standing gas range and I tried scouting for one and here are my short list....

a) Electrolux EKM6645X
    b) Ariston CX61SN1
    c) Elba T61x631F
    d) Whirlpool ACM 631 1x
    e) La Germania FS603121

They all belong to the same price range 30,000+, but my concern is durability, after service, parts, etc..

By the way, I was told that La Germania products here in the Philippines are not of the same quality with those purchased out of the country. A visual comparison among the above list would show that indeed the quality of the above model of La Germania is not good....

But then again, most of the other brands are not quite known....please help....
    Bro, just go with either La Germania or Elba. At home i have a La Germania built in set and i have no complaints whatsoever with it. I was in your situation about a year ago and was really considering getting an Ariston set. However, upon further research, i found out that their service and parts availability isn't so good. La Germania, tried and tested and pretty good service.

Just make sure that you get the Italian made series na La Germania. Meron mga local na lower price/quality. Yun ata yung mga printed on lang yung logo. you can call them up to inquire (don't trust the sales reps sa mga appliance stores, wala silang alam). Better if you get the ones with the cast iron accessories.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    The best is the one with electric ignition so there's no need for matches to light the flame.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
What's the best brand of gas range in the Philippines?