New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I believe these high end bags are a tool, a collection, an accessory and a status symbol for women.

A tool, as any other bag. They hold our stuff together. Personally, I'd rather not carry a bag, if only my necessities fit into the pockets of my ***y jeans without looking bulky. Sometimes, I do survive with a slim phone, a slim compact with lipgloss and a mirror, and a pack of oil films. Most of the time, these wouldn't let me survive the whole day. Let's see... There's the emergency pad/tampon, powder so I don't look shiny when the hormones overproduce oil again, brush because a pocket sized comb doesn't do my long hair justice, three phones (it was worse when I had a Communicator & N95 -they're just too big for the pockets!), a wallet which also bulks up my jeans, feminine wipes which leaks when squeezed in my pockets (I've tried), etc.

A collection, I'm sure the collection part need not be explained much. Some bags are made as a part of a set, some are not. Still, it's fun to know you have a set of different bags to show, and sometimes trade with friends.
    Come to think of it, what use do comic, action figures, etc. collection do? Can they carry your stuff around?

An accessory, Imagine a girl in a ***y, sultry dress lugging a muddy, camouflage backpack. It just doesn't work. That may be an extreme, but I hope you get the picture: bags should match or accentuate the outfit just so we'd look put together. Guys should appreciate the way we look good for them. This also adds up to the collection part of it. We need more than one so we have choices to go around with.

A status symbol. I don't play much around this part of the game, but it's inevitable to say that if you carry one of those high end bags, then you must be on the high end of life, or you have friends on that end, which still kinda pulls you up. I'd say, pretty much the same with the watch men wears. Do TechnoMarines and a Seikos give different hours?

For me, if there are cheaper bags as nice and as well made as the LV's, etc., I'd go for those even without the big name. But, I'd still be overjoyed if someone gave me a signature bag.

For the fact that I've had a whole bag stolen (held up), slashed, and ruined.. I buy the cheaper bags, and have one of each color

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    very timely thread...

same with my wife, she's also eyeing the HB, but I already told her that the price is too much na for a bag..

you know what she did today? took advantage of the holiday went to Makati and when she came home... she was carrying a big chocolate brown paper bag with a big box inside...kinabahan na ako...I know what's gonna happen next

she handed me an envelope with this inside

wala ka nang magagawa dyan *shadow. my wife always talks about those bags too. nagtataka ka pa kumbakit may corruption

the answer is really simple, us guys would rather rake more and more money than listen to the bickering and inggits of women from other women.

sa gym lang eh, i met a lot of older women with husbands who have high profile jobs. kung ako pagkain ko nilimit ko sa P100 to P200 per day, sila moisturizer lang nila yun

wife ko nga eh, lagi nag-browse ng forums about HK, Europe, Bora since Dec last year. so doble-kayod kami, sinuwerte naman kasi possibility na yan mga yan this year.

pero ngaun, i still feel guilty kasi pinakita na naman nya yun api siya kasi last meeting niya ng college friends niya lahat sila bagong rebond, bagong pakulay ng buhok, lahat ampuputi etc .etc..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Yan din sabi sakin ni kumander bat daw mga lalake puro ka ek ekan sa sasakyan, sabi ko naman at least ang sasakyan napapakinabangan ng lahat...e bag, ikaw lang heheheh nagagalit
    ako nga sabi ko sa wife ko, ibibili kita ng crv or tucson one day para safe ka na sa daan everytime di mo ko kasama pag napilitan ka mag-taxi

N.R. sobra! bakit di na lang daw condo, para nagagamit pa namin

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I also cant understand the bag thing. I cant comprehend why some women can spend 50k or more for a bag. For me, a bag is a bag. What makes a LV worth 50K or more? Heck, with the same amount, I can have gas for a year or pay my kids tution fee.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yaman ni Gen. Miting.........

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    IMO, mas maluho ang babae sa lalake. ang analogy lang nito, tayo more on cars, gadgets. sila, more on fashion, bags, style, clothing, sandals, shoes, jewelries, cosmetics... so on and so for...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    IMO, mas maluho ang babae sa lalake. ang analogy lang nito, tayo more on cars, gadgets. sila, more on fashion, bags, style, clothing, sandals, shoes, jewelries, cosmetics... so on and so for...
    hmmm... maybe they just want to look good in our eyes..

kung wala pera, di din sila makakabili.. hahaha.. ipitin ang pera...

OT: muntik nanaman ako magkamali.. kala ko ang topic "whats with bangs sa mga babae"

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    tayo guys naman gusto expensive bling bling rims

di naman kelangan porma lang.

to each his own hehe
    Last edited by cablespy; April 9th, 2009 at 11:38 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i used to poke fun at my wife about her bags and shoes. then she pointed out that all her bags and shoes combined doesn't amount to half of my stereo system. i had to shut up...she's absolutely right!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    What's w/ Hermes & LV bags? Ang mamahal eh! Talaga bang good quality sila kaya mahal, o yung pangalan lang.
    well, Hermes does scour the world for the finest leathers, and their bags are only made by hand by French artisans that have purse making as their life's craft, so they should be much more expensive than the average purse. but is all that handwork and materials worth (in some cases) over $10K USD? no, so you are still paying a lot for the name and the status

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    you know what she did today? took advantage of the holiday went to Makati and when she came home... she was carrying a big chocolate brown paper bag with a big box inside...kinabahan na ako...I know what's gonna happen next

she handed me an envelope with this inside
    patay kang bata ka....pero hopefully nakinabang ka din sa kanyang kasiyahan :naughty2:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Whats with bags sa mga babae??