New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    i haven't used them.

medyo mahal.
    but if it works as advertised (prevent traumatic bending and catching on to cleaning cloth and clothes and such), and you are willing to spend naman,
    why not?
    but what about the product itself? aren't its edges and corners sharp, as to cause the very same accidents that it is supposed to protect your plates against?

personally,
    i use the dealer's plastic advertising plates that most new cars come with. i trim them to appropriate size, and use them as backing plate for my LTO plates.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 20th, 2021 at 10:19 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i haven't used them.

medyo mahal.
    but if it works as advertised (prevent traumatic bending and catching on to cleaning cloth and clothes and such), and you are willing to spend naman,
    why not?
    but what about the product itself? aren't its edges and corners sharp, as to cause the very same accidents that it is supposed to protect your plates against?

personally,
    i use the dealer's plastic advertising plates that most new cars come with. i trim them to appropriate size, and use them as backing plate for my LTO plates.
    I'm starting to ask friends and relatives for their opinions... sana may maka-isip iregalo sa akin for Christmas.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    i haven't used them.

medyo mahal.
    why not?

personally,
    I have to agree, a bit expensive. If it were the "flipping plate type", I'll consider it. You know, when you want to play "the spy". Make sure that the car has a clear tint so that you wouldn't be suspected.
    What Useless Things Have You Done To Your Car? - mods, accessories, etc.

I'm starting to ask friends and relatives for their opinions... sana may maka-isip iregalo sa akin for Christmas.

As useless as it can be, it looks neat. I just can't imagine how it will look when the plate is already there.

Give it a try and I might follow, depending on your review.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ngayon ko lang napuna,
    2529 pesos a piece!
    if you are the obsessive type, you'd probably buy a pair. that's 5000 bucks.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ngayon ko lang napuna,
    2529 pesos a piece!
    if you are the obsessive type, you'd probably buy a pair. that's 5000 bucks.
    they were advertising it sa FB page ko at 1.2K. I was planning to send them a message if kasama na screws sa price nila.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    they were advertising it sa FB page ko at 1.2K. I was planning to send them a message if kasama na screws sa price nila.
    either someone is making a big pile of money,
    or we are talking about two similar-looking-but-quality-differing products.

the lozada ad did imply that it is locally made, and includes stainless allen bolts and washers.
    dealers and manufacturers of stainless steel products, which do you think is the fair price for these things? 1.2K a piece, or 2.5K ?
    Last edited by dr. d; September 20th, 2021 at 01:16 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    either someone is making a big pile of money,
    or we are talking about two similar-looking-but-quality-differing products.

the ad did imply that it is locally made.
    dealers and manufacturers of stainless steel products, which do you think is the fair price for these things? 1.2K a piece, or 2.5K ?
    I was digging info about it kasi it was advertised sa FB ko this morning. so I saw the Lazada link I shared

IMO, it only makes sense sa front so 1.2K (FB) or 2.5K Lazada is ok.

if 5K per piece sya, I'll just buy my own sheet metal and have it bended/cut tapos painted.

the ad did imply that it is locally made.
    hanap ako ng Chinese made. it will definitely be cheaper

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Saw a set of 4 mud flaps for the hilux with GR logo selling for P27,500!!!

Ill consider it useless din, the truck already comes with mud guards, and you’re just gonna swap it out. P27.5k for 4pcs of hard plastic/rubber with GR printed on it, mahal.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post

Ill consider it useless din, the truck already comes with mud guards, and you’re just gonna swap it out. P27.5k for 4pcs of hard plastic/rubber with GR printed on it, mahal.
    Mudflaps do have some purpose...but in this case, the price tag rendered it useless.What Useless Things Have You Done To Your Car? - mods, accessories, etc.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post

This is the going rate for the popular American and Japanese brands. These are heavy duty, bigger mudflaps designed for more coverage for those lifted applications with bigger tires. But I agree. The pricing is nuts. But some of the overlanding crowd does spend a healthy six figures on their 4x4s and 20k+ is small compared to the other stuff they put on the car.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast