New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    magtayo na lang tayo ng talyer ikaw ang head mechanic he..he

TAMA!!!!! agree ako dito.....:transform

tutal gradweyt ka na naman ng pagka-doktor....

mag-mekaniko ka naman......herherherherehrehrehrehrer

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    [QUOTE=OTEP]
    Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery QUOTE]

doc otep mukhang okay ito kasi related din sa driving kapag nagkaron ng accident diba?at ma-apply mo medicine + tsikot knowledge mo in some cases... good luck and God bless...kayang kaya mo yan!!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Salamat sa mga payo. To all the peeps that advised cardiology and pulmonology, those are nice fields din naman. But you have to finish residency in Internal Medicine or Pediatrics before pursuing those specialties (my mother is a Pediatric-Pulmonologist). To tell you the truth, I'm not really very fond of I.M. My toxic cousin, though, plans to pursue Interventional Cardiology.

OB-GYNE is a good field also but I don't think its for me.

My father is not really encouraging me to be a surgeon (he is of the orthopedic kind). Though ok din lang naman sa kanya. But I myself am not very fond of the O.R. setting. Gusto medyo may clinic/OPD din.

Rediesel,
    Baka mamatay na ko kung mag-TCVS ako! Sa buong UST, iisa lang ang nagtangkang kumuha niyan. I can't imagine how her life is being the only TCVS in the whole of UST.

docpete,
    As much as possible I will try and stick to UST for the duration of my training. Saan po ba kayo nag-train? I don't really think UST is the best, but this is where I feel most at home kasi.

smooth,
    Walang codes sa UST ngayon. It's either a mayday or its not. hehehe. Thrilling nga naman ang mga maydays. Lalo na yung mga DOA tapos ma-rerevive niyo ng team. Wohoo! Iba talaga ang rush kahit at 2am.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    doc..dun ako sa head and neck....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    otep,
    aba! favorite mo pala ang ER and ENT-OPD..eh bakit palagi kitang nakikita sa LRU ha? hehehe IMO, sa ER halos lahat ng napagaralan mo magagamit mo..and the thrill nga nandun..ive been to ENT-OPD a lot of times, di ganun ka-toxic...and the cases encountered are not that serious naman..usually infection of somekind sa kakasundot ng mga tenga nila..kulit kasi eh...hehe

ganito na lang:
    if you enjoy being waken up in the middle of your sleep kasi may patient, then go ER.
    if you want a stable, lots of free time and flexible clinic hours, go ENT.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Otep, "Don't put the carriage in front of the horse". Ask yourself, why did you go into medicine? Then ask, "What specialties are out there that will allow me to do what I went into medicine for?" Next, "Can I see myself doing this for the next 30 years?" "Will my specialty be "work" or "passion" ? " And finally, which is most important, how is my specialty going to affect my family life. Because, not only will you be working in that specific field, your wife, your kids will have to live with a father who is in that field. They are a part of you and you will have a responsibility to them, first and foremost, and then to your patients. I hope this helps. As for me, I chose Anesthesiology. I enjoy what I do and what it affords my family. I would be in this field even if they only reimbursed for the cost of my daily living. Good luck and congratulations.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Salamat sa mga payo. To all the peeps that advised cardiology and pulmonology, those are nice fields din naman. But you have to finish residency in Internal Medicine or Pediatrics before pursuing those specialties (my mother is a Pediatric-Pulmonologist). To tell you the truth, I'm not really very fond of I.M. My toxic cousin, though, plans to pursue Interventional Cardiology.

OB-GYNE is a good field also but I don't think its for me.

My father is not really encouraging me to be a surgeon (he is of the orthopedic kind). Though ok din lang naman sa kanya. But I myself am not very fond of the O.R. setting. Gusto medyo may clinic/OPD din.

Rediesel,
    Baka mamatay na ko kung mag-TCVS ako! Sa buong UST, iisa lang ang nagtangkang kumuha niyan. I can't imagine how her life is being the only TCVS in the whole of UST.

docpete,
    As much as possible I will try and stick to UST for the duration of my training. Saan po ba kayo nag-train? I don't really think UST is the best, but this is where I feel most at home kasi.

smooth,
    Walang codes sa UST ngayon. It's either a mayday or its not. hehehe. Thrilling nga naman ang mga maydays. Lalo na yung mga DOA tapos ma-rerevive niyo ng team. Wohoo! Iba talaga ang rush kahit at 2am.
    hi otep. the code white is a special code kapag medyo delikado ang panahon, eg. impending civil war, people power, etc. the idea is for hospitals to be ready in the event na madaming casualty. from what i know, the hospitals involved in a code white include the philippine general hospital, jose reyes medical center and east ave medical center. sa una nakakatuwa ang code white kasi daming personnel pero after a while medyo nakakapagod. most of the important events sa history ng ating bansa, nasa hospital ang mga duktor. the idea is the post duty people stay in the hospital to augment the duty people and the pre-duty people are just 15 minutes away. the ER med people are the front line guys pag code white and the hospital director sometimes transfers control of the hospital to the ER med guys. i asked kasi i was wondering if you guys also participate kapag code white. it could take the fun out of being an ER med. in PGH for example, every new year's eve, nasa hospital ang mga tao kasi code white. after your first 3 code white's during new year's eve, ma-mi-miss mo na ang pamilya mo kasi di ka kasama sa celebration ng bagong taon.

btw, kung DOA ang patient sa ER, i don't think ki-no-code pa yun. dead na di ba? if i'm not mistaken, ang ki-no-code lang e ang arrested. (though i'm not really honestly sure with the protocols of other hospitals.)

UST's "mayday" is generally referred to as just plain "code" among the UP and FEU graduates and "code 64" for the UERM graduates.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy
    Otep, "Don't put the carriage in front of the horse". Ask yourself, why did you go into medicine? Then ask, "What specialties are out there that will allow me to do what I went into medicine for?" Next, "Can I see myself doing this for the next 30 years?" "Will my specialty be "work" or "passion" ? " And finally, which is most important, how is my specialty going to affect my family life. Because, not only will you be working in that specific field, your wife, your kids will have to live with a father who is in that field. They are a part of you and you will have a responsibility to them, first and foremost, and then to your patients. I hope this helps. As for me, I chose Anesthesiology. I enjoy what I do and what it affords my family. I would be in this field even if they only reimbursed for the cost of my daily living. Good luck and congratulations.
    hi speedy. if you don't mind, may i ask where you practice mostly? medyo mahirap mag-budget ng family time sa anesthesia di ba?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Walang coding sa UST. Kaya kapag duty ka ng pasko, for sure hindi ka duty ng new year. :D

Kapag may mga impending events, naka on-call ang mga non-duty. Pero hindi naman specified how far away from the hospital you have to be (sabihin mo na lang nasa Surigao ka. :D ).

Kapag may disasters, Interns ang pinapadala (e.g. Quezon floods). Yung mga clerks na muna ang bahala sa UST.

Kung-kaka-arrest pa lang bago makarating ng ER, meron pa din kaming mayday. Pero kung hindi namin ma-revive, nakalagay sa paperworks na 'DOA'. Kapag ER death kasi madami pang medico legal mumbo jumbo na pagdadaanan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    ER med na lang exciting pero napakastressfull ang buhay mo pero ENT ka oncall ka lang ka lang palagi.. sabi ang training dpat GOVT para maraming cases ang makakaharap... malamang PGH ewan ko sa ibang govt hospital...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
What Specialization to Take?