New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Without a backup, the raw data is saved in aCar's appdata rather than a separate .abp or .csv file. So I have to recover the entire aCar folder and transplant that whole folder to my new phone. Surely I can't do that without rooting both the old and new phone. I don't wanna root because that will trigger the knox counter which will void the warranty on my current phone.

And that's if I can even find that aCar folder in the first place. Have googled and there isn't a specific folder location where aCar keeps its un-backed up data.

I've been thinking this through for the past few days and it really seems impossible to recover. What I'm doing now is manually inputting my fill ups using my fleet card receipts which have the date, odometer reading, liters filled up, total cost, and gasoline station branch. What I don't have is the MID readout (I usually compare the variance between MID and actual consumption) as well as the average speed readout (which I use as baseline index when comparing different fillups).

It's quite difficult since most of the receipts have been erased since it's printed on thermal paper. Well, better than nothing.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    This is really difficult, if not impossible... the only solution is root access and there's no guarantee because there's no specific directory in the phone.

I think I should check my phone and do a backup. I might as well consider rooting the phone, I've heard titanium back up works wonders. The last time I did root access was with an S2.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Finally fixed it! Manually inputted all my fillups again from January to May!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Finally fixed it! Manually inputted all my fillups again from January to May!

ayos bro! mabuti at naitabi mo mga receipts. its nice to monitor your fuel fill ups, odo readings and amount. i did it before and aside from the fuel consumption, you will also know how much money you spent on fuel and the car's fuel eco based on your driving habit. di ko naituloy sa akin since tinamad maglista esmi ko at hindi rin naitabi mga resibo [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Good thing kahit manually may na recover kang data.

Cloud back up na. Para sigurado

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I dropped my phone. BASAG

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    Good thing kahit manually may na recover kang data.

Cloud back up na. Para sigurado

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Yes bro. I set up the cloud backup na. Lesson learned. [emoji16]

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I ordered from Lazada a USB a to USB c cable. Yun pala USB c to USB c pareho dulo nung na-order ko. Buti na lang irefund naman nila.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Nakalimutan isara kurtina ng window habang nagbibihis galing banyo.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    naka MC ka ba bro? if yes, dont use waze na. mas maigi pa dumaan sa roads na sanay ka.
    Pag naka MC ako walang waze waze. Pag cage, kailangan mag waze.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Pag check ko sa baon ko, may lumpiang shanghai. Kinain ko kaagad pagdating ko sa office. Namigay pa ako. Pag dating ng lunch time, di ko makita ulam ko. Yung lumpia pala ang ulam.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast